100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Glad to read everyone's posts on keeping on! I had a bad whoops myself last night, NS food is really not good to O.D. on, it is so calorie dense -- still trying to decide what happened.

Terri- so identified with losing your heart dog. I am facing that in the next month or so. Maybe past time, but we still have good moments so we are on hold.

I guess I was depressed because a few things I counted on have not quite panned out as I thought, at least not yet.

Pausing and holding is rough. I thought I had gone thru hardest time. (And I have done good!)-- Just the process of getting the mind together and starting positive again. And having an instead of list handy, I guess ...Thankful for these ongoing posts! <3
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Buttons.... It's very hard, I know, but we can get through it. Keep your chin up!
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am also a believer that movement helps with pain. I've experienced it even today - just the act of simply walking to move the joints improved how they feel to me right now. congrats to everyone who had a scale or non-scale victory this week!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Terri- thanks! I know! You, too! It is worth it, isn't it!

5mates- so true! The pain lasts a little till you move thru it! Mental and Physical.

Moving thru and on! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I agree moving around seems to help!

My updated Signature, I added the ticker

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • Terri70
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Today is going to be a great day! I don't have to work my 2nd job tonight, so I'm happy-happy! Going to be easy to stay on plan. Have a great day, y'all!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Terri
    Easy is good :)
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Last night before I went to bed I took 2 Aleve PM (I try to only do that on the weekends and not a work day). When I awoke this morning my knee was hurting some but not as bad as usual, and now today (haven't taken anything) it isn't hurting at ALL. Weird. My doctor appointment is tomorrow!
    52750196.png
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Once again I scheduled med appts opposite another one - have to reschedule the least problematic - wish I'd stop doing this! Gonna have to pay closer attention! Difficult getting older and having to keep track of so many things! LOL.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    need to reduce photo size
  • hope4change_val
    edited April 2015
    Options
    mjsmi5c4wxgd.jpg

Commitment Bear is home...getting close to Community Bear!

57649571.png
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Nice to hear from everyone doing so good!
    Terri-great job and spirit! Val- great pic! You look rightly proud! Lisa- hope Dr appt goes well with good news! And Shirl, understand! I wish my brain was working like these threads! At least I have not taken the dogs meds- yet!! Continued good wishes to all and continued happy success! Jan <3
  • mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    WTG Val, so happy for you!!!!
  • Terri70
    Options
    Had a slip up last night. Not anything too awful, but I didn't eat all I was supposed to by 8 and got hungry. Soooo I ate one mini slice of Pizza Hut personal pan cheese pizza and one bread stick. I felt awful afterwards but it is what it is, you know. I'm back on it today!

Have a good day!
  • seanjenni
    seanjenni Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Looks like we got moved over just in time! I saw a post this afternoon on NS that they are shutting the boards down on May 11 :'(

Jenni B)
    One Meal ~ One Day ~ One Pound at a Time
    MY FITNESS PAL ID: seanjenni
    MY FITBIT LINK: www.fitbit.com/user/22SQTF

1eRD9vD1ih2hj71fdavo1KfjFsx1rFpSkN1lyihCN1pQi7711dPUTds1cuNkZ2lose5janrunner_zpsa6f6fe6c.png

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jenni
    That is in this post in the Ask the Moderators group
    Final community update

Rats, May 11, and nothing if it goes poof at one minute into the 11th or at the stroke of midnight or mention of time zones either.

Here is the text
    As previously announced, we will be closing the Nutrisystem.com member pages, blogs, chat rooms and discussion boards. This event will occur on Monday, May 11. We encourage you to take advantage of our social media channels including our Nutrisystem Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels, where there are vibrant customer communities and members are taking advantage of the state-of-the-art technology tools and features to stay connected and to provide motivation, inspiration and support to each other.

We appreciate all of your feedback over the past few weeks, both positive and negative, as it has and will continue to inform our goal of creating the best possible user experience that supports each of you on your weight loss journey.

We know changes like this can be difficult and we’re here to help. Many of you have already prepared for this transition, but for those of you who have not yet, here’s a check-list of actions for you to consider:

Sharing Contact Info: We recognize you may have close relationships with others on the boards. We encourage you to make sure you find other mutually agreeable ways to connect with those who have motivated and supported you. Exchange email addresses or plan to connect via Facebook.
    Facebook Groups: One of the Facebook features that we believe is going to appeal to customers accustomed to the smaller community feel of our boards is Facebook Groups. Facebook Groups features a number of ways to establish a group with varying levels of privacy – including a “secret” status, which is the most private setting available. You can read more about Facebook Groups’ privacy controls here: https://www.facebook.com/help/220336891328465.
    Archiving Your Content: Once the member pages, boards and blogs are gone, that content will no longer be available to Nutrisystem members. We encourage you to go in and copy those posts and entries that are meaningful to you and save them. There are a number of free blogging platforms available including Tumblr, Medium and Weebly among others. Unfortunately there is no one-click option to transition your existing blog on Nutrisystem’s community site to a new blogging platform. We recommend you find the blogging community and platform you want to be a part of and establish a blog there. Then copy the posts you want from your Nutrisystem blog, save them and then transfer them to your new blogging site. We understand that this can be a time consuming process, but it’s the only way to ensure you have access to your prior posts.

What’s next? We believe that the customer experience on our site can be even better and we think you deserve the best. Over the next few months we will begin to roll out new features that we believe will make for a great customer experience. From an enhanced news and information site with all sorts of great content, we will be bringing you daily articles, quizzes, videos and fun graphics to keep you inspired and informed throughout your weight loss journey.

And, as always, you will have access to our counselors and trained dieticians for advice, coaching and support. If you have questions, please reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-585-5483.
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Had a slip up last night. Not anything too awful, but I didn't eat all I was supposed to by 8 and got hungry. Soooo I ate one mini slice of Pizza Hut personal pan cheese pizza and one bread stick. I felt awful afterwards but it is what it is, you know. I'm back on it today!

Have a good day!

Hi Terri
    Was it that You ate it or the effect it had on you that made You feel awful?
    I have had problems in the past with Pizza Hut food and White Castle Burgers running through me pretty quickly.

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever QUIT NutriSystem (the auto-delivery) than resumed after a few months when they made you an offer you couldn't refuse? Meaning do they email you offers to lure you back? I have a good deal right now, but I have three months worth of food to get through. I don't think they'll let me skip my next auto-delivery for that long. :/
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends!

Val..... Love your picture! I am doing a happy dance for you.

Roger.....I read the moderators post and feel bummed about the whole thing. We found each other in this group you created, but I am sad for folks just joining or those that might return and not know where to go.

Lisa......my experience is that they will delay your order but if you cancel then you don't get the same financial deal.

Happy weekend!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Thanks you guys for all your positive comments and encouragement. Right when my BBB arrived, I opened it and got my bear, then grabbed the phone and asked my 12 year old to take a picture of my bears and me. She was giggling at seeing how excited I was. "Mom, it's a bear. It's a cute bear, but it's a bear." Then we chatted about what it means to me and that it will be an important visual reminder to me in the future of where I used to be and how good it feels to not be there anymore. She got it and was really happy for me too.

Next BBB should bring home #3 Community Bear! (My bear-shelf is ready!)

57649571.png
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Once again I scheduled med appts opposite another one - have to reschedule the least problematic - wish I'd stop doing this! Gonna have to pay closer attention! Difficult getting older and having to keep track of so many things! LOL.

Hi Shirl, I can relate! I'd be lost without my planner. I buy the $3 paper ones from WalMart. I call it my Brain. If I were to ever lose it, I'd be lost...I wouldn't know when to go to the dentist or doctor or veterinarian or pediatrician. I'm sure there are apps and electronic calendars, I'm just not that evolved yet.

I'd probably even forget when I'm going on vacation...which is in ONE MONTH! Em and I will be spending 3 days at Universal Studios Florida...probably all in the Harry Potter areas!!! On NS I had a mini-goal to lose enough so I fit in all the rides. As far as I can tell, I made it! My measurements are all below their posted maximums, so I should be in "good shape." I've been losing ~10#/month, so I will have lost between 30 and 37 pounds by the time we go. That's cool. Walking all day will be much easier with out carrying that around!

HAPPY SATURDAY to all!