100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good for all your wt losses, NSVs, and movement! I'm struggling - going into heart failure - doesn't take much to lose all the strength and advantage it takes so long to build up. Wiped out and soaked just trying to get to my movie seat Sat - very distressing! The msg I heard was walk, walk, walk. Did my bike for 8 min yesterday and will do so again - easier than walking at times. Keep on keeping on - one step at a time!

I am sorry to hear about this....Keep your head up and stay strong :). One step at a time that's right! Stay positive!
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    suegen1 wrote: »
    This morning started great! Have to share it :). I went for it and tried on a pair of jeans I bought a couple months back which is 2 dress sizes down from the time I started. Sortof like a reward lol. And.....they fit. I am not sure how long it's been since I have been in that size but it has been a long time. Weigh in was delayed a day as I forgot it in my craziness. Have a wonderful Monday everybody :):)
    Fantastic news! Congrats! I, on the other hand, did beautifully until I saw the uneaten pan-fried, bone in pork chop sitting in the frig that was going to end up in the trash in another day or two...added it to my meal which put me over my calories and protein...Need to quit opening the frig! :(
    I have been there as my family tries to be very supportive but no diet is really needed. So, there is a lot of times something in the fridge right when I open the door what I really don't need to see. Sadly, it is very hard to convince myself that no that item is not worth it to have a couple lbs more on the scale the next day. So far, it happened just once where I put myself over my calories because of this type of situation. It's hard and I can so relate to this lol.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Good for all your wt losses, NSVs, and movement! I'm struggling - going into heart failure - doesn't take much to lose all the strength and advantage it takes so long to build up. Wiped out and soaked just trying to get to my movie seat Sat - very distressing! The msg I heard was walk, walk, walk. Did my bike for 8 min yesterday and will do so again - easier than walking at times. Keep on keeping on - one step at a time!

So sorry to heat about the struggling part. Hope the strength comes back to you so walking isn't so difficult for you.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Roger and 5mates - thanks for your concern. I've gone 9 years with a new aortic valve, which unfortunately is failing again. 2nd repair is 2-4 yrs off - hopefully. Last time I was turning grey when my heart failed - friends told me later. I live to complain another day x 9 yrs thanks to the surgical miracles they can do these days, kinda living on borrowed time. Important for me to be diligent and do what I'm supposed to, but don't always do so - moving being almost the most important thing so I have air to breathe. Wt loss helps tremendously. Really wish I didn't feel so good being a slug....LOL. An occasional wake up call doesn't hurt - me or related to you all - it takes nothing to undo all our hard work.

Hi Shirl
    It isn't easy losing weight. As someone that has been on many different diets, as I suspect many of us have been, I know that to be true. This has been the easiest to do simply because of the structure.

I also believe that I would not be where I am today if I had not found the NutriSystem Forums and the supportive and helpful members there. Big Mistake shutting it down!

Cheers
    Roger
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    Fantastic news! Congrats! I, on the other hand, did beautifully until I saw the uneaten pan-fried, bone in pork chop sitting in the frig that was going to end up in the trash in another day or two...added it to my meal which put me over my calories and protein...Need to quit opening the frig! :(

Hi
    If You have Any NutriBears I would suggest putting them where You feel temptation. One in the Cupboard/ Pantry. One on or in the Refrigerator. For example I have one siting here by the Screen to help ward of temptation and another on the Table leaning against the base of the lamp in the living room by my Recliner. Sort of like You would use Garlic to ward of Vampires, Use them to ward off temptation.

The main thing is if You slip, do not let it get to You and make You decide, "I Already cheated, what can a little more do now." Get right back on plan and carry on to goal.

Good Luck
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    I have been there as my family tries to be very supportive but no diet is really needed. So, there is a lot of times something in the fridge right when I open the door what I really don't need to see. Sadly, it is very hard to convince myself that no that item is not worth it to have a couple lbs more on the scale the next day. So far, it happened just once where I put myself over my calories because of this type of situation. It's hard and I can so relate to this lol.

Hi Sue
    I agree a supportive family is huge!

My brother is very helpful. We keep my frozen on one shelf and his on the other shelf in the freezer. I keep my refrigerated foods on the right side and his is on the left side. It helps too.

Good Luck
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.2 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png

• Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I went to the dr. last Friday. He did confirm I have arthritis in my left knee. NO x-rays were taken, though. He just took my word for it, I guess. I had blood work done and the plan was to put me on a Diabetes/Pre-Diabetes medication called Metformin (which would promote weight loss) however, my numbers were good. So...no need for any of that. Yay!!

The gal who took my blood yesterday must not have known what she was doing. I have a dark dime-sized bruise where she stuck the needle. I used to donate plasma years ago ($$!!) on a regular basis, so there is scar tissue to navigate.

Still, the more I walk the less it hurts. Once the pool opens at my apartment complex I'm going to try some leg exercises in there. I'm on a high-Ibuprofin regiment right now for the next week to see how that goes.

52750196.png
  • seanjenni
    seanjenni Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever QUIT NutriSystem (the auto-delivery) than resumed after a few months when they made you an offer you couldn't refuse? Meaning do they email you offers to lure you back? I have a good deal right now, but I have three months worth of food to get through. I don't think they'll let me skip my next auto-delivery for that long. :/

You are better off calling in on the phone and having them push it back three months, otherwise you lose the pricing of whatever plan you are on.
  • seanjenni
    seanjenni Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    On my progress chart, the red line is only a trend line, not a goal line. I'm okay with it coming off as it comes off and realize as I get lighter, the rate will probably slow down. But it is exciting to look ahead and think, it is theoretically possible for me to get into ONEderland around my August birthday. I haven't been under 200 in 30 years!

That's so awesome! I'm proud of you! I went to Six Flags with my daughter who was home from college last weekend and it was the FIRST time in TEN years I KNEW for a fact that I would fit on all the rides! It was soooo much fun not be be having panic attacks in all the lines worrying that I wouldn't fit. I am trying to get to ONEderland by my birthday as well! I haven't been there in a LONG time! Good luck to you!

Jenni B)
    One Meal ~ One Day ~ One Pound at a Time
    MY FITNESS PAL ID: seanjenni
    MY FITBIT LINK: www.fitbit.com/user/22SQTF

1eRD9vD1ih2hj71fdavo1KfjFsx1rFpSkN1lyihCN1pQi7711dPUTds1cuNkZ2lose5janrunner_zpsa6f6fe6c.png

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I went to the dr. last Friday. He did confirm I have arthritis in my left knee. NO x-rays were taken, though. He just took my word for it, I guess. I had blood work done and the plan was to put me on a Diabetes/Pre-Diabetes medication called Metformin (which would promote weight loss) however, my numbers were good. So...no need for any of that. Yay!!

The gal who took my blood yesterday must not have known what she was doing. I have a dark dime-sized bruise where she stuck the needle. I used to donate plasma years ago ($$!!) on a regular basis, so there is scar tissue to navigate.

Still, the more I walk the less it hurts. Once the pool opens at my apartment complex I'm going to try some leg exercises in there. I'm on a high-Ibuprofin regiment right now for the next week to see how that goes.

52750196.png

Hi Lisa
    My understanding of it is that if You keep pressure on the site after the needle is removed You will not get that Bruise mark.

Good to be able to stay off medications.
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.2 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png

• pudgemuffin2
    pudgemuffin2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger!
    It's Pudge! I tried to find you guys and had a devil of a time! Don't want to lose contact with you all! I'm going to hit send and see if I am on here now.
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Options
    seanjenni wrote: »
    Has anyone ever QUIT NutriSystem (the auto-delivery) than resumed after a few months when they made you an offer you couldn't refuse? Meaning do they email you offers to lure you back? I have a good deal right now, but I have three months worth of food to get through. I don't think they'll let me skip my next auto-delivery for that long. :/

You are better off calling in on the phone and having them push it back three months, otherwise you lose the pricing of whatever plan you are on.

I actually DID that, yesterday. They were able to delay my shipping until mid-September!
  • pudgemuffin2
    pudgemuffin2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yea! I made it!~ How do you add your picture? I hope I can find my way back to this again! :) I'll really miss you guys if I can't return! :'(
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Options
    Yea! I made it!~ How do you add your picture? I hope I can find my way back to this again! :) I'll really miss you guys if I can't return! :'(

Where's pudgemuffin1?

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Roger and 5mates - thanks for your concern. I've gone 9 years with a new aortic valve, which unfortunately is failing again. 2nd repair is 2-4 yrs off - hopefully. Last time I was turning grey when my heart failed - friends told me later. I live to complain another day x 9 yrs thanks to the surgical miracles they can do these days, kinda living on borrowed time. Important for me to be diligent and do what I'm supposed to, but don't always do so - moving being almost the most important thing so I have air to breathe. Wt loss helps tremendously. Really wish I didn't feel so good being a slug....LOL. An occasional wake up call doesn't hurt - me or related to you all - it takes nothing to undo all our hard work.

Shirl. You keep plugging! If you can go thru all that you have with such a winning attitude, you can move some a little at a time to breathe more! Breathing is important!! So keep it up! LOL! I sure agree how fast we can lose ground. I have a sinus infection and bronchitis at the moment and the thought of even laying motionless on the floor in yoga next week seems too much to contemplate! Chronic things are harder, really! But the payoff to keep going is worth it! Glad you posted! <3
  • jserv13
    jserv13 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Shirl, sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you are feeling better.
    Val, congrats on the picture and weight loss.
    Went on a road trip for a surprise party this weekend. Tried to stay on target, but had some slip ups for the first time. Hopefully back on target this week.
    Here is to a good week everyone.
    Jane
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Suegen1 and Roger, for the support and ideas! I'm definitely back on track and going to stay there! The support is a great encouragement!
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options

Good for you taking that bike ride. Is it a real bike or exercise bike? I too find bike riding so much easier than walking. I have a tricycle that I use to ride anywhere from 1/2 to an hour depending on my physical abilities each day.
  • mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all hope everyone is well.

Shirl I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope you get back to your normal soon.

I've been having a hard week this week. Had some issues with my blood pressure which lead to me blacking out and falling a couple of times which lead to a couple of minor injuries. The doctors have a plan to get my pressures back up where they are supposed to be but in the meantime I feel horrible. This has kept me off work for almost a week which I can't really afford.

But on the bright side I have stayed on my plan, with literal zero activity I haven't really been hungry so I've been coming up a little short but I figure that's probably ok since I'm not burning anything off either. I have it easier than some of you though because I live alone there isn't any junk food in the house or any food that I shouldn't eat, if there were I don't know that they would be safe.

So anyway, hope everyone is having a great week!

Lesa

88722329.png
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Oh, Lesa - It's good to hear from you! Sorry to hear of your struggles. Glad the doctors are trying to help, but blacking out can be dangerous (plus really scary). Will keep you in my prayers. Congrats on staying on plan and keeping your healthy focus. Keep us posted. ~Val
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Lesa, glad you were not hurt more seriously! Can you tell these spells are coming? Maybe you could have some coffee or green tea? Keep safe!
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    mslesam wrote: »
    Hi y'all hope everyone is well.

Shirl I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope you get back to your normal soon.

I've been having a hard week this week. Had some issues with my blood pressure which lead to me blacking out and falling a couple of times which lead to a couple of minor injuries. The doctors have a plan to get my pressures back up where they are supposed to be but in the meantime I feel horrible. This has kept me off work for almost a week which I can't really afford.

But on the bright side I have stayed on my plan, with literal zero activity I haven't really been hungry so I've been coming up a little short but I figure that's probably ok since I'm not burning anything off either. I have it easier than some of you though because I live alone there isn't any junk food in the house or any food that I shouldn't eat, if there were I don't know that they would be safe.

So anyway, hope everyone is having a great week!

Lesa

88722329.png

So sorry to hear of the issues with your blood pressure and your fainting because of it. Do you have some kind of monitoring system so you can call for help when these episodes happen, as you stated you live alone? I got one last year but haven't had to use it yet. I hope I do not have to ever use it. However when I leave the house I feel better protected as it is an all in one system for health, thief and fire. I sure hope the Dr founds out what is wrong and gets this taken care of.

z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png