Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I went fir a run this evening and it was just awful. I thought I was starting w7 today. Only to find out i never did w6d3
    I'm not sure what happened to the rest of my post

This keeps happening to mine too, they keep cutting off
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Lets try this one more time.......

W6D3 was an epic fail :( I could barely make it through the first mile. My head wasn't in the game so I stopped running after the first mile and I couldn't bring myself to run again. I think my boby was exhausted from a long weekend that started Thursday and ended about 5 hours of broken sleep Sunday night. I was tired when I went to the gym but I thought I could push myself through it. Well my workout was cut short to 20 minutes. I will try again today.

Good luck @fit4life_73. I am sure you will nail it this time :smile:
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Welcome @rebeccatherine and great stuff @afrench050612

Completed W7D1 today..It was hot and I was tired...but whenever I had doubts, I reminded myself that I had run 30 minutes last week. The extra minutes that I ran on W6D3 really gave me confidence. I wanted to run 30 minutes again but was too hot to continue after 25 minutes. Happy that i increased my distance quite comfortably from the previous weeks :) Good luck to everyone, keep going guys, we can do this!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    W2D1 in the bag! I must admit I did find it a little more difficult (as i'm sure you're supposed to) and it was quite warm out too but I still did it, although I noticed my pace had slowed somewhat in comparison to other runs, which isn't a bad thing I guess, but I was hoping to getting better at it not worse lol
    Well done to everyone checking in, this is such a great group for motivation, I actually look forward to being able to pop on here and say "i've done it!". :)
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Week 8 day 2 done! Got going a little earlier this morning and it was less humid, so I kept going after the 28 minutes and ran 5k in about 35 minutes- I'm thrilled. To think that eight weeks ago I could barely keep going for one minute is crazy! For those just getting started, trust the program, go as slow as you need to to keep running, and hang in there- it works!
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    WOW, @KRPolo ! I can't believe you're basically finished the program. What an accomplishment! Whoohoo!

There are a bunch of people getting ready to graduate in the coming weeks, what a journey we've been on. Today is rest day two for me (forcing myself NOT to run) so I'll be finishing week 7 tomorrow. Everyone who is running today, have fun!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    W2D1 in the bag! I must admit I did find it a little more difficult (as i'm sure you're supposed to) and it was quite warm out too but I still did it, although I noticed my pace had slowed somewhat in comparison to other runs, which isn't a bad thing I guess, but I was hoping to getting better at it not worse lol
    Well done to everyone checking in, this is such a great group for motivation, I actually look forward to being able to pop on here and say "i've done it!". :)

As you add to the time/ distance you are running, you may need to slow down. Just keep going! Concentrate on endurance for now, speed will come later!
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My fitness buddy has a fantastic watch that yells out when to run, when to walk, monitors time, heart rate, distance etc. I don't :(Hint Hint Bit-Fit

So I had to take my Sesame Street kitchen timer :) After 25 minutes a loud voice announced...."TIME FOR COOKIES!..... COOKIES!!... COOKIES!!!....." Made me smile :D

Rofl
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    W4D2 Done. Once I even over ran the walking part as I didn't hear the instruction. :D

I did the same run this morning, though I certainly wasnt running the walking parts! Well done!

I stopped about 30 seconds before the end of the second 5 minute run. Which is an improvement on W4D1, so Im looking to nail it on W4D3

Thanks Buddy! Sure you will do good on W4D3! Good luck!
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    I ran my first 5k on Sunday, I ran it 5 mins faster than my personal best. I was hoping to come in under 40 mins and I did it in 35! when I started c25k I had a hard time running a minute now I can go 4 miles. Everybody keep running and keep up the great work!

Awesome run! You did it! ✌
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    W4D3 completed. Made the huge mistake of eating before the run due to this felt somewhat uncomfortable. Week 5 is beckoning now. I want to do this on our apartment driveway which has some good inclines. Let's hope I could do it there as so far I was running only on an even surface. :)
  • melliesmommy
    melliesmommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started again yesterday. After many tries to do the program, I was proud of yesterday's w1d1. I only wanted to die after round 7 of 8. Small victories. :)
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So I had to take my Sesame Street kitchen timer :) After 25 minutes a loud voice announced...."TIME FOR COOKIES!..... COOKIES!!... COOKIES!!!....." Made me smile :D

I LOVE this!!! Reminds me of a time a couple years ago (before starting this) when I went on a backpacking trip. About 4 miles in, up and over a ridge, to a beautiful lake. That wasn't so bad. But getting up the next morning and hiking back out, with a 200 pound pack on my back (not really - but it felt like it!) was terrible. I was slow; in fact, everyone was faster than me, and I soon found myself alone on the trail in the forest. The only thing that made me able to continue was a chant: "Jap-anese Buffet!" I chanted that to myself for 2 miles as I plodded out of the woods. And as soon as we got home I took a shower, and made good on my promise to myself . . . there's a Japanese Buffet close to my home that I LOVE!!! (All you can eat sushi!!!) Alas, I can no longer visit the place (*sigh*)
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    W2D2 in the bag - got to say I'm loving this so far!!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    W6d3 is history! I have to be honest.....I was stalling to complete this run. I was scared that if I couldn't do it I would feel like a failure and quit the program as a result. But that didn't happen
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    W6d3 is history! I have to be honest.....I was stalling to complete this run. I was scared that if I couldn't do it I would feel like a failure and quit the program as a result. But that didn't happen. I finished my 2.25 miles in 28 minutes. I was challenging. I had to constantly tell myself that I can do this and that I’m now a runner. Woohoo! At the end decided to complete the 5k loop. I was already at 2.5 miles including my warmup. I challenged myself to run ¼ mile at 10 min/mi pace and finish under 42 minutes. I accomplished both. I did a 5k in 40 ½ muinutes! I’m so happy that I went. I’m ready to take on week 7.
  • eyethree
    eyethree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Completed W7D2 early this morning. I'll finish week 7 Friday morning. All I know is I'm loving running and getting addicted to reading all things about running. I have noticed I only hate it the first mile or so :wink:
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    W6d3 is history! I have to be honest.....I was stalling to complete this run. I was scared that if I couldn't do it I would feel like a failure and quit the program as a result. But that didn't happen. I finished my 2.25 miles in 28 minutes. I was challenging. I had to constantly tell myself that I can do this and that I’m now a runner. Woohoo! At the end decided to complete the 5k loop. I was already at 2.5 miles including my warmup. I challenged myself to run ¼ mile at 10 min/mi pace and finish under 42 minutes. I accomplished both. I did a 5k in 40 ½ muinutes! I’m so happy that I went. I’m ready to take on week 7.

Congratulations!!!
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, week 5, day 1 this morning..... found it ok, but need to improve my pace if I am going to do a 5k in under 40mins. My plan is showing that I am doing 11.5 min miles at the moment, so I am hoping that with more running and less walking, this will improve. Only 4 weeks to the race...... I hope I can do it. Scary to think that I may be able to run for 30 + mins..............
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 1 done! Felt... not bad!! Haha