Awesome!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow, @parkdad73, that's a real transformation! I like that you recreated the park picture, too. What a pretty place!

I have a batch of pictures I am trying to recreate but my family does want to cooperate. This spot is about an hour away and toon a while to find again.
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @baconslave, @parkdad73, @jackilynb46, @Jbarnes1210, @prifessionalHobbyist.

I am in awe. Just starting, and frankly doubting if this time I'll stick with it. I've started and stopped before.
    Thanks for posting your pictures.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Jennybird99, Don't doubt yourself. Use this group for support and inspiration, but more important know that you can do it. I have been off and on LCHF/Keto since starting in October '14. I just last week recommitted myself to it and have gone from 192 to 179 in just a week...the next bit is going to be the hardest for me. Fourth of July and Tiki parties are on the docket for the next two weeks. I have to stay on point, get through this period and focus on my health. YOU can do it too. Every time you stop, don't you think it makes your resolve next time a little stronger and a little more focused? You learn something every time and the fact that you come back to it means you are committed. Don't give up on yourself.

Have to figure out how to post some befores and durings. not a huge difference, as my highest was 200 and my current is 179, but it is progress.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Woah there, ladies. You have all done so well. Props to you all. This is so inspiring.

I dont have any before pics because im terminally camera shy (the thought of someone taking a photo of me makes me break out in a sweat. HATE it. and the bigger i am, the more i hate it). So nno pics from me, but really enjoying everyone's progress.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any true before pictures. I maxed out at 115kg/253lbs. These pics I guess I was 105kg:

received_10204468689541170_zpsv2816dme.jpeg

Screenshot_2015-03-28-16-26-39-1_zps58yuduj4.png

This was a couple of weeks ago, down about 30kg and wearing NZ size 18 pants and a mans medium shirt. I was a size 26 in Jan. I'm on a verge of wearing size 16 jeans!

received_10204468677380866_zpsgldgosg3.jpeg

I'm only just over halfway to my rough goal so not really a before and after I guess.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

First pic around my highest weight some years ago, about 15 lbs higher than when I started in November.

Awesome JB!

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I've gone from 252lb to 160lb. Minus 92. The 2nd pic was about 10lb ago. I need to take a new one.

These are all so great!

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    @minties82
    It's not your final "after" but a very impressive progress pic nonetheless!
    @jennybird99
    You can do it! If you're struggling, stick with it! If you've made bad choices on one day or another, just get back on track! Stumbling a bit is not the same as quitting. Don't let those sneaky negative feelings take away your drive. They are only as temporary as your next GOOD choice! The further you get, the easier it will be.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    I don't really have any true before pictures. I maxed out at 115kg/253lbs. These pics I guess I was 105kg:

This was a couple of weeks ago, down about 30kg and wearing NZ size 18 pants and a mans medium shirt. I was a size 26 in Jan. I'm on a verge of wearing size 16 jeans!

I'm only just over halfway to my rough goal so not really a before and after I guess.

Minties, wow girl. You're looking great. You've come such a huge way, you should be really proud of yourself. Well done, you. x
  • FaithMathias
    FaithMathias Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging wish I had someone to take a pic or me. I have recently gone from 1500 calories a day to 1200 a day,sometime I am a little over. I just wish I could figure out how to get 1200 calories and stay within in my carb limit. Currently I am about 35 carbs a day which I guess is not to bad. But, if I could just keep my taste for ice cream and find a great replacement I would love it. Well, its about to be a new week and I am not stopping this journey until I reach 150 lbs. I am currently at 278lb and I am going to keep at it. I do have limitation but its okay I am not giving up. I have to walk with a cane but I am planning to start water aerobic tomorrow if I can get that exercise in once or twice a week and watch carb and calories it will be great. Next what is Keto , I keep seeing it but I do not know what it is.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @FaithMathias How tall are you? I'm very short at 149cm (4'11") and 1200kcal I wont even do now. I did try it again for a few weeks and it resulted in binges and feeling depressed. I am 180lbs. I'm trying 1350kcal per day minimum now. I don't really exercise at all.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring thread!!!

You You to all the Losers!!

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging wish I had someone to take a pic or me. I have recently gone from 1500 calories a day to 1200 a day,sometime I am a little over. I just wish I could figure out how to get 1200 calories and stay within in my carb limit. Currently I am about 35 carbs a day which I guess is not to bad. But, if I could just keep my taste for ice cream and find a great replacement I would love it. Well, its about to be a new week and I am not stopping this journey until I reach 150 lbs. I am currently at 278lb and I am going to keep at it. I do have limitation but its okay I am not giving up. I have to walk with a cane but I am planning to start water aerobic tomorrow if I can get that exercise in once or twice a week and watch carb and calories it will be great. Next what is Keto , I keep seeing it but I do not know what it is.

I know it might sound crazy, but if you can just cold turkey break the habit altogether, you might stop having the cravings completely.
    Ice cream was not my weakness, candy was, and I decided to cut it completely one day and go a full month without it before I started the keto life. That month was tough, but I wanted to do it that way so I knew how hard I worked to kick that habit. I figured it would help me to not break down later.
    But seriously, I NEVER had cravings for candy after the first 2 weeks of finally going low carb (20g or less). And even before that I felt they were lessening.
    Maybe that's all you need to say goodbye to ice cream too. ??
    Oh and I was going to say that when I have my dark chocolate whey protein with coconut almond milk, I shake it with ice in the cup and it seriously takes like a thin milk shake to me. I love that my sensitivity to sweetness has gotten me to where a 3g carb protein shake is a delicious treat!
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options

@FaithMathias, I have seen some low carb ice cream recipes around the internet but, sorry to say, haven't paid enough attention to know exactly how they are made. Maybe some heavy whipped cream/berry fruit mixture then frozen?

The thing that really makes me smile from seeing all these pics is how much younger everyone looks! I would imagine you feel younger as well. :)

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I've gone from 252lb to 160lb. Minus 92. The 2nd pic was about 10lb ago. I need to take a new one.

12-30crop_zps3c4daec8.jpg

236b54fb-95da-46e0-bf37-3633853867aa_zpsmq6qt7f2.jpg

Wow! This is incredible. Gives me hope. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    foarkjt5vf4a.jpg

First pic around my highest weight some years ago, about 15 lbs higher than when I started in November.

Wow, just wow. I think you found the high-size version of you. You look AMAZING!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »

Good gracious! This is incredible. :)