Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Did MsJ's workout yesterday. It took about 45 min. It's been a long time since I had one of those "great swims" that I used to get (but I haven't had a crummy swim in a looooong time either...). Yesterday was a great swim. It all felt good. I felt long and strong. My 12 year old is on a very easy going swim team this summer and wanted to come and practice her flip turns. I LOVE having her in a lane with me. And golly, can that kid swim. My non-swimming husband said, "I think we've found her sport!"

Headed back for the same workout today. Let's hope it's as good a day :)
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of Aqua Zumba ....
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    1500m all free. Felt good after yesterday's mess.
    Leaving on holidays so will be away for 2 weeks playing in the mountains.
    Could be a challenge as we have a major heat wave hitting us.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2.5 km 60 min
    Hardest and slowest swim in a good long while - this one was a real struggle.
    I guess you don't appreciate the benefits of consistency until you're inconsistent!
    I also had an antacid a couple of hours before the swim. Wondering if that could be part of the reason?
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Macstraw wrote: »
    Today's workout: 250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 8 x 200 I.M., 500 free, 2 x 200 I.M., 1000 free, 250 free in 98 minutes. Slowly getting that 500 free in the middle of the I.M.'s pushed back with the ultimate goal of being able to do 10 200 I.M.'s in a row. Don't know if it'll happen by the end of the summer, next week I'll be in summer mode. I'll be in Pennsylvania for the summer, so I won' be swimming as much yardage but I'll be doing a lot more walking. Our community pool is knocking the 1 hour adult lap swim back from 3 days to 2, so I think I'm going to drive down to a different branch of my gym 2 additional days to keep my yardage up as much as possible. It's an hour drive each way, but it's worth it.....
    Wow that is a long drive to the other pool!

I'm curious - what change was that?

I was bringing my hand out palms toward my thighs (and a little early). He told me to put my palms up (perpendicular to my thigh, almost) and thinking of splashing someone behind me. It generates a lot more power, but uses more strength.

2k in 1 hour, working on the same stuff.
    Good stuff. I've tried to change that too (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AquaticQuests/view/swimmer-s-elbow-lateral-sculling-and-the-pinkie-739563). I only hope given no coach, it looks now like what it feels like!
    Did MsJ's workout yesterday. It took about 45 min. It's been a long time since I had one of those "great swims" that I used to get (but I haven't had a crummy swim in a looooong time either...). Yesterday was a great swim. It all felt good. I felt long and strong. My 12 year old is on a very easy going swim team this summer and wanted to come and practice her flip turns. I LOVE having her in a lane with me. And golly, can that kid swim. My non-swimming husband said, "I think we've found her sport!"

Headed back for the same workout today. Let's hope it's as good a day :)
    Great workout and have your daughter whiz zing alongside you must be great fun!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! I swam for 40 minutes. Mixed sets. Not sure of yardage because I lost count early on and decided I didn't care how far I swam. I did stop for about 5 minutes to talk to a new swimmer who asked about using the pull buoy. The YMCA has some you can use so I told him where he could find them and he is going to try it out on Monday.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    All freestyle today: 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 1500, 1000, 500, 250 yards in 114 minutes....

Last day at my regular pool until after Labor Day, the plan right now is to do 2 days at our community pool (19 yards, so you'll see some very odd distances logged on those days) & 2 days at a different branch of my gym. Not exactly sure how I'm going to set my workouts up, I only get an hour at the community pool so I'm hoping to be able to do enough I.M.'s there so I can get my distance done in the longer pool, but we'll see how it all shakes out...
  • stephenrhinton
    Options
    44 minutes closed fist crawl, 17 minutes backstroke ...tomorrow is a rest day ...and my tentative plan is to do a timed/counted swim on Sunday ....
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2500SCM
    Masters

20x50 on 60 as
    5X
    50 free
    25 br 25 free
    25 back 25 free
    25 fly 25 free

8x25 as 12.5 chicken wings 12.5 swim

8x25 zipper

8x50 free on 60 (aim to maintain high elbow)

300 as br/free

300 as br/back

100 easy

First swim in a week. Coach thought the two drills might cause pain to shoulder but seemed ok. Overall this swim created less pain than last Saturday thank goodness. Another five weeks to go until next appointment with orthopedic surgeon to try to decide whether to have the surgery or not.
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    No swim to report. I'm off for the weekend where I won't have internet, but my first race is tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Go Kida, GO!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Good luck! More importantly, have fun!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    No swim to report. I'm off for the weekend where I won't have internet, but my first race is tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!

Good luck, Kida - I know you're gonna do great!!!!!
  • stephenrhinton
    Options

Kida! Kida! Kida! ....wait ..there are places without internet!?!?!?! *fear*
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    Go, go, go!! Tell us how it went, Kida! We're all rooting for you!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kida
  • stephenrhinton
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day
    2km ~64 minutes (stupid analog clock) backstroke ....my elbows hurt ...
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Swam a slow mile today. Wore a brace on my elbow and it felt OK. Maybe I will try 2 miles on Tuesday, but stop at the first sign of any pain. First time swimming in a salt-water pool. My gym had a fire alarm go off so I went to one of the sister gyms. I didn't like the pool better (slippery walls made the flip-turns a little more inefficient) but I do like not smelling like chlorine.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Good news, Rob, & I'm glad you're getting back to it reasonably so that you don't make the elbow any worse....
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    Ms J's workout. A little slow today. I was circling in the slow lane. One guy with us was quite slow (the correct lane for him). I stop a lot, so I didn't feel right moving to the faster lane. It's so stinking hot outside, I figured it was good to be in the water (indoor), so I got my workout in as best as I could. Felt pretty good, considering I didn't feel up to it when I started...

Good call on the pain test, Robertus. We know how you won't risk making something worse. It is not fun nursing an injury :(