What's your Kryptonite?

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Tropical fruit discussion reminds me...Another one for me is Guanabana juice (also called soursop, or cherimoya.) I have never been a juice person, but that one I could drink a lot of.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Beer. Good beer.
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    nvsmomketo wrote: »
    Pepsi and Dr Pepper. I'm a newbie to keto but I've gone moderate carb in the past. If I allow myself this "treat" then all my control flies out the window.

I miss pop.

Yey! Someone else who calls it "pop"! Moved South 5 years ago and get the strangest looks.
    Pop was certainly my demon for years and I knew weight loss would not happen without kicking that habit. Once I did after 6 months I couldn't even sip it anymore. It the carbonation made it taste like battery acid.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Utz ripples potato chips. Nice and salty, and crunchy. Remember that old commercial "you can't eat just one"? Well that's me. I could eat a whole family-size bag of those chips in two days. ugh
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Pistachios. Addictive!!! If I do have a sweet craving I'll have some type of Atkins bar. Usually does the trick but if I'm really craving I'll smear some peanut butter on it, on bite at a time! Bad girl!!!
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fast food Cheeseburgers. Bun and all. Haven't had one in months now. But when I see an ad I still salivate. Lol.

I also am a stress eater. But now I recognize it more and have been able to convince myself not to eat. Or I grab a handful of almonds and by the time I'm done a serving my craving is over.
  • ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter M&M's ... Large bag gone in 1-2 days (just me). I got to day 3 once, woke up super early and absolutely had to finish the bag. Felt really powerless. Only do this to myself maybe once a year.

Lately, its pint ice cream and fritos, which I let myself buy occasionally. On fruit, I really miss pomegranates.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    parkdad73 wrote: »
    Pepsi and Dr Pepper. I'm a newbie to keto but I've gone moderate carb in the past. If I allow myself this "treat" then all my control flies out the window.

I miss pop.

Yey! Someone else who calls it "pop"! Moved South 5 years ago and get the strangest looks.
    Pop was certainly my demon for years and I knew weight loss would not happen without kicking that habit. Once I did after 6 months I couldn't even sip it anymore. It the carbonation made it taste like battery acid.

All carbonated bev's are called "Coke" down south. Even if its a Sprite, someone will ask you "what kinda Coke do you want? A: Sprite....LOL! (I was born and raised in Dallas.) "Pop", is a dead ringer that you're a Yankee....

Up here in Michigan, they do it too. If a waitress asks you what you want to drink, a Michigander will say, a "Diet". Well, there dozens of diet drinks, but I soon learned that a "diet" is only a diet Coke (or Pepsi if pushed).

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / Sedentary

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    My great grandfather lived in Dayton, Ohio (I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast) and he always had "Pop" by the case. But yes, down south it is as Dan said, "What kind of coke y'all want?" I don't really understand why but it is what it is. I've always known what pop is though. Good memories! :smiley:
  • giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Its pop here in the UK too, well at least in the north of England where I live.
    Cakes and puddings are my downfall. Craving something sweet the other day and though I would make a low carb egg custard. Big mistake ... It didn't satisfy the cravings, just made them worse. I used a sucralose sweetener, not sure if this was the cause or just the sweet taste?
  • InADarkRoom
    InADarkRoom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh my...kryptonite for me is a whole range of food! Chocolate, potato chips (crisps over here), granola, pastries, ice cream, chocolate, cake, fruit especially tropical, chocolate.....

So many lovely things I can't have anymore (especially after this weekend :disappointed: ) No wonder I'm not hitting ketosis or losing any weight! That said though, both days I had the stuff I love, I felt awful for the rest of the day. I just wish that made me not want it anymore!
  • jamieandjason
    jamieandjason Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    any kind of cake and french fries... Love both too stinken much
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My old krypronites are fading out - but nuts are still a danger zone and I'm trying to be careful with them.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    My old krypronites are fading out - but nuts are still a danger zone and I'm trying to be careful with them.

It is interesting how these changes are phased in. The last holdouts for me were nuts and chocolate. Now, after 6 months, even those seem to hold no power. This must be what it's like to be normal. :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm in Alberta, Canada, and it is always "pop" up here. The only people who call it soda are Americans who have come up to work in the oil industry. LOL

I've never heard anyone call all pops "coke" before. Coca cola won that marketing battle, eh? LOL

I started drinking carbonated water with lime to make up for missing pop. It works, but it's still not the same...
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    Peanut butter. Hard to stop after that first spoonful. Luckily it's not too carby..

All the things that used to be so dangerous have lost their power now.

This. I don't keep regular peanut butter in the house, I make my own almond butter or buy the P28 protein almond butter. The texture is so different from regular peanut butter that I have no problem regulating it.

I will eat a jar of PB in like 4-5 days if left unchecked. It's ridiculous.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    parkdad73 wrote: »

I miss pop.

All carbonated bev's are called "Coke" down south. Even if its a Sprite, someone will ask you "what kinda Coke do you want? A: Sprite....LOL! (I was born and raised in Dallas.) "Pop", is a dead ringer that you're a Yankee....

Up here in Michigan, they do it too. If a waitress asks you what you want to drink, a Michigander will say, a "Diet". Well, there dozens of diet drinks, but I soon learned that a "diet" is only a diet Coke (or Pepsi if pushed).

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / Sedentary

I was raised in Texas, but I've always used Coke, soda, pop, soda pop, soft drink, "refreshing beverage of choice" (usually said in a "fancy" voice), etc., all interchangeably. If someone says one, no matter which, I roll with it... and even growing up in Texas, I never really encountered the "you want a coke/what kind?" scenario... Maybe weird attracts weird. I even worked in fast food and never ran into that issue...
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    We say fizzy drink or soft drink in New Zealand. I always imagined all Americans saying "sody pop!" with a real twang.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    We say fizzy drink or soft drink in New Zealand. I always imagined all Americans saying "sody pop!" with a real twang.

Honestly have to say I've never heard ANYONE say that in real life anywhere. Maybe on a goofy TV show, but never in real life. LOL
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Science to the rescue! These guys basically asked "what's your kryptonite?" And the #1 answer was pizza!

journal.pone.0117959.t003

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0117959