May 2013 Starters

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Yes Willow, this is the motorcycle trip with hubby in Canada! Looking forward to it. The Jasper / Banff / Lake Louise areas are so amazingly beautiful!

Roger, good on you for staying on plan and thinking ahead to avoid the 4th of July crazies! I am out of the country for the 4th, so no issues there, but there wont be a space on the bike for a week's NS food, so we'll be flexing and just try to do as well as we can! I tend to go off plan when I am holiday. And yes, it takes a while to get back on track every time I do!

Hi Carin
    Good Luck staying on plan, Travel can very hard. In the past I think I always put on weight while on vacation.

Enjoy the Trip
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It sounds like several of us are struggling with our weight loss. . . either stalled or moving in the wrong direction. They say misery loves company, but I was hoping others were continuing to lose and could provide encouragement of some sort. Two years is a long time. . . hmmmm.

Are you still losing, Roger? Amanda?

Well.... Yes and no.

Basically ever since November of last year I had been ... I can't even say half assing it because I gained quite a bit back. I was half heartedly following the plan and thus between November and May, I would have to return 2 bears if NS made you return the bears. haha. BUT, on May 30 I stepped on the scale again for the first time in a long while and jotted down my weight. I didn't change anything with NS or on here but I have it saved as a note on my phone. And I've been weighing in each week (except this weekend since I was out of town) and the general movement is down. I lost 4.4lbs the first week that I logged (which I attribute a large portion to water weight due to TOM), the next two weeks I gained .4lbs each week but the following week I lost 1.1lbs. So, between May 30 and June 27 I lost 4.7lbs. Not quite as high as I'd like but I still wasn't following the plan as much as I should have been.

I'm thinking of switching to include some frozen food because I'm thinking that if I get some new foods into the rotation it might excite me a bit again and renew my focus. I really enjoyed the frozen breakfasts from the sampler pack - which I guess is the reason that they offer it. haha. I will probably get another frozen sampler pack to try before committing the the frozen plan just to make sure that I enjoy the lunch, dinner and dessert frozen options as well.
    Quick question for those of you who get frozen (Willow, Roger, Miranda) - What kind of PF do you typically add to your lunch? I normally add some chicken to mine but with the melts is that really an option? Just looking for ideas. Thanks!

Carin - Congrats on another race! You are a rockstar! Have fun on your motorcycle trip! Are you doing what you have done in the past and flying up on the weekends to meet your husband? Or are you tagging along for the whole trip? (Sorry if I missed you already answering that - I had a lot to catch up on haha)

• irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I always eat a Greek yogurt with my lunch as the PF (and dessert).
  • RogerToo
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    It sounds like several of us are struggling with our weight loss. . . either stalled or moving in the wrong direction. They say misery loves company, but I was hoping others were continuing to lose and could provide encouragement of some sort. Two years is a long time. . . hmmmm.

Are you still losing, Roger? Amanda?

Well.... Yes and no.

Basically ever since November of last year I had been ... I can't even say half assing it because I gained quite a bit back. I was half heartedly following the plan and thus between November and May, I would have to return 2 bears if NS made you return the bears. haha. BUT, on May 30 I stepped on the scale again for the first time in a long while and jotted down my weight. I didn't change anything with NS or on here but I have it saved as a note on my phone. And I've been weighing in each week (except this weekend since I was out of town) and the general movement is down. I lost 4.4lbs the first week that I logged (which I attribute a large portion to water weight due to TOM), the next two weeks I gained .4lbs each week but the following week I lost 1.1lbs. So, between May 30 and June 27 I lost 4.7lbs. Not quite as high as I'd like but I still wasn't following the plan as much as I should have been.

I'm thinking of switching to include some frozen food because I'm thinking that if I get some new foods into the rotation it might excite me a bit again and renew my focus. I really enjoyed the frozen breakfasts from the sampler pack - which I guess is the reason that they offer it. haha. I will probably get another frozen sampler pack to try before committing the the frozen plan just to make sure that I enjoy the lunch, dinner and dessert frozen options as well.
    Quick question for those of you who get frozen (Willow, Roger, Miranda) - What kind of PF do you typically add to your lunch? I normally add some chicken to mine but with the melts is that really an option? Just looking for ideas. Thanks!

Carin - Congrats on another race! You are a rockstar! Have fun on your motorcycle trip! Are you doing what you have done in the past and flying up on the weekends to meet your husband? Or are you tagging along for the whole trip? (Sorry if I missed you already answering that - I had a lot to catch up on haha)

Hi Amanda
    As Miranda Noted I too tend to use a Light & Fit Greek Yogurt with my Lunch and my Dinner as Powerfuels. 80 Calories and delicious. I eat them last also and they are so good I consider them as my Dessert too.
    Every now and then I pull some Vacuum sealed Turkey left over from Thanksgiving and use it for the days PF. SOmetimes Cans of Chicken Breast as a change. But mainly I Love that Yogurt.

I am on a Mini Plateau of three days so I expect it is time to see a drop again.

Good Luck
    Roger
    irandamay wrote: »
    I always eat a Greek yogurt with my lunch as the PF (and dessert).

The Yogurt is so delicious, I probably use it 95% of the time :)

Cheers
    Roger

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It's Thursday
    I looked at the TV and saw it was cooler and a little less humid so I figured I'll walk in comfort compared to Yesterday, Nope, didn't happen. Shortly after leaving the house and thinking what a nice cool breeze it started drizzling. It drizzled enough to make the roads wet and despite my judicious use of trees to stay dry I got damp too. It stopped right after I left McDonalds with my coffee. Then the breeze went away and the humidity went up. About three blocks from home the breeze returned, a little late :) 2.75 miles done for today despite Mother Nature.

Have a Really Nice Day
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Kudos to you for continuing on your walk, Roger!

In regards to yogurt - I almost always have a Light and Fit with either breakfast or morning snack. That's why I didn't think to have a second one with my lunch - I'd always heard that you should try to limit dairy. But I guess on the days that I would have a yogurt with my lunch I could just have some sausage and/or eggs with breakfast and then a protein shake with midmorning snack. Thanks for the idea and making me think outside the box. haha
  • willow_river
    willow_river Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Sorry I've been missing this week. I had an unplanned ER visit and ended up in the hospital for a few days. I'm going to be fine. . . just a flareup of an old problem. I'm not sure that I will be able to continue with NS foods, though. I'm still sorting that out, but as of now, the food definitely does not meet my doctor's dietary restrictions for me. We'll see what I can work out.

In the meantime. . .
    Roger- a big congratulations on your continued dedication to walking!

BTW, I was the walking wonder at the hospital. . . round and round and round the nurses station multiple times a day. I got lots of kudos for my activity. . . even inspired another patient to start walking while she was there! :)

Amanda - I think you will like the frozen foods. But, just like the shelf stable, some are better than others. You have to figure out what you like and don't like. I know for a fact that I would not have made it this far without the frozen to mix in for variety.

As far as PFs go, I do not necessary eat one with lunch. I space my food out and eat a little something about every 3 hours so there usually is no need to find something that "goes with" a lunch item. If I'm having a lunch melt, I typically just have a vegetable with it. Sometimes I have a veggie burger or a piece of chicken breast with a veggie for a snack or a small meal. But, quite honestly, I eat a lot of Greek yogurt and cottage cheese as my "go-to" PFs. I will usually pair the yogurt or cottage cheese with a fruit (SC). Very often, I have the Light and Fit Greek yogurt by itself in the evening as a dessert. It is just tooooo good!

Sounds like we are a bunch of yogurt eaters!

Carin - Thinking of you on that Canadian motorcycle trip. It sounds like so much fun! Please let us know all about it when you get back

willow

• irandamay
    Options
    Willow, I hope you are on the mend now! Sorry to hear about your hospital troubles. :(

I eat Chobani yogurt because I like it and it does not have any artificial stuff in it. Most of the time the 0% varieties which are 120-130 calories, but sometimes the 2% ones which are like 150.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I dropped off the Car for Oil Change, State Inspection and on the way over I lowered the window behind the drivers seat and when I went to raise it, it got most of the way up and made a loud clunk and that was it. I can hear the motor working but the window is no move :( There goes more $$ than I planned on!

I had planned a walk back from dropping off the car with a convoluted routing to get the distance I wanted, 2.73 Miles. I ended up getting my Coffee at a Different Quick Chek a Block and a half from the shop. and then as I got near home I stopped and got a cold Diet beverage at the one near the house.

Bad day at the roger homestead......
    Window mechanism in the Buick broke this morning. Then We pulled the mower apart and cleaned out a bunch of crud and it's still not starting, So it is now in the repair shop. Fingers crossed it is something simple. I see $$$ flying out the checking account today :(

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
    Kudos to you for continuing on your walk, Roger!

In regards to yogurt - I almost always have a Light and Fit with either breakfast or morning snack. That's why I didn't think to have a second one with my lunch - I'd always heard that you should try to limit dairy. But I guess on the days that I would have a yogurt with my lunch I could just have some sausage and/or eggs with breakfast and then a protein shake with midmorning snack. Thanks for the idea and making me think outside the box. haha

Thank You
    I Usually pair my Light & Fit Greek Yogurt with a Fruit (SC). I do not know about too much dairy but I have two a day and sometimes like this morning I have a 1/2 cup Low Fat milk on my NS Cereal for Breakfast. I have been buying the UHT milk as it has a really long shelf life until opened. Yesterday I Opened a Pint carton I bought for $1 at the local Dollar store. Since I have that much opened I'm having cereal for a few days to use it up before it spoils. I may also take some of it and measure it into a Ice Cube Tray and freeze it until needed.

I also take a Vanilla Protein Shake and Blend Bananas in when they start to get really ripe.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hey Guys,

Sorry I've been missing this week. I had an unplanned ER visit and ended up in the hospital for a few days. I'm going to be fine. . . just a flareup of an old problem. I'm not sure that I will be able to continue with NS foods, though. I'm still sorting that out, but as of now, the food definitely does not meet my doctor's dietary restrictions for me. We'll see what I can work out.

In the meantime. . .
    Roger- a big congratulations on your continued dedication to walking!

BTW, I was the walking wonder at the hospital. . . round and round and round the nurses station multiple times a day. I got lots of kudos for my activity. . . even inspired another patient to start walking while she was there! :)

Amanda - I think you will like the frozen foods. But, just like the shelf stable, some are better than others. You have to figure out what you like and don't like. I know for a fact that I would not have made it this far without the frozen to mix in for variety.

As far as PFs go, I do not necessary eat one with lunch. I space my food out and eat a little something about every 3 hours so there usually is no need to find something that "goes with" a lunch item. If I'm having a lunch melt, I typically just have a vegetable with it. Sometimes I have a veggie burger or a piece of chicken breast with a veggie for a snack or a small meal. But, quite honestly, I eat a lot of Greek yogurt and cottage cheese as my "go-to" PFs. I will usually pair the yogurt or cottage cheese with a fruit (SC). Very often, I have the Light and Fit Greek yogurt by itself in the evening as a dessert. It is just tooooo good!

Sounds like we are a bunch of yogurt eaters!

Carin - Thinking of you on that Canadian motorcycle trip. It sounds like so much fun! Please let us know all about it when you get back

willow

Hi Willow
    Thank You for those kind words.

I'm sorry that You ended up in the Hospital. Dietary restrictions can make losing weight hard too.

For anybody thinking of Frozen Foods we do have a NS Food Review Group that has some of them in it. If YOu do not see what You are thinking of getting ask. I check it every day.

Cheers
    Roger
    irandamay wrote: »
    Willow, I hope you are on the mend now! Sorry to hear about your hospital troubles. :(

I eat Chobani yogurt because I like it and it does not have any artificial stuff in it. Most of the time the 0% varieties which are 120-130 calories, but sometimes the 2% ones which are like 150.

Hi Miranda
    That is why I like the Light & Fit Greek. It may have artificial ingredients too but it is only 80 calories per serving. I just tried the Blackberry flavor last night and liked it. Right now I am getting and enjoying the Passion Fruit seasonal flavor too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - I am back from a lovely holiday in Canada. I think I have decided that that art of Alberta (the ice fields highway between Banff and Jasper, are the most beautiful part of the world I have ever been to.
    Amanda, no I did not do the week-end thing this year, but did the same thing I did last year, which was to join DH twice for about 5 days in Alaska and about 10 days in Canada. The weekly thing was just to disruptive for my schedule and DH was also just riding from airport to airport to meet me!
    Willow, sorry to ear about your ER visit. Hope you are doing better now! And congrats on being the walking wonder and inspiring somebody else! I hope you can figure out something food-wise that works with your doctor's requirements!
    Amanda, great job on pulling your stuff back together to start losing weight again. I need to do the same thing! I am up 16.4 lbs from my lowest weight and just have to stop things now before it gets really ugly!
  • SAfricaChick
    Options
    Roger hope things are getting better (or at least more affordable!) at the Roger homestead!
    Willow, how are you doing health wise?
    I LOVE Dannon Light and Fit 80 Calorie Greek yogurt. My favourite is the chocolate Raspberry and also like the caramel macchiato. Blueberry and Strawberry are also quite nice. They are all good enough to eat as a dessert, but I usually have them for breakfast!
    Also use lean lunch meat for PF's. I usually have that as a separate mini-meal with my veggies, so it does not need to combine with my NS lunch. I am back to almost exclusively peanut butter lunch bars for lunch. I can eat them on the run or even in a meeting when I get really desperate. Don't always have time to heat up something and sit down to eat it! Yep, I know - that is not how meal-time is supposed to go, but it is still better than completely skipping lunch, which is what I used to do before NS!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger hope things are getting better (or at least more affordable!) at the Roger homestead!
    Willow, how are you doing health wise?
    I LOVE Dannon Light and Fit 80 Calorie Greek yogurt. My favourite is the chocolate Raspberry and also like the caramel macchiato. Blueberry and Strawberry are also quite nice. They are all good enough to eat as a dessert, but I usually have them for breakfast!
    Also use lean lunch meat for PF's. I usually have that as a separate mini-meal with my veggies, so it does not need to combine with my NS lunch. I am back to almost exclusively peanut butter lunch bars for lunch. I can eat them on the run or even in a meeting when I get really desperate. Don't always have time to heat up something and sit down to eat it! Yep, I know - that is not how meal-time is supposed to go, but it is still better than completely skipping lunch, which is what I used to do before NS!

Hi Carin
    I had a post, then I suspect that after I did the preview I forgot to hit post reply :(

Affordable? The Shop wanted an addition $145 to fix the mower. I can buy a new 20" Power mower for $149.99 + tax. I am taking a stab at repairing it first. I ordered some parts on Amazon this afternoon. Wish me :Luck.

I have tried and like the Passion Fruit and the Blackberry flavors. I believe they are a limited time seasonal flavor.

Cheers
    Roger
  • SAfricaChick
    Options
    Oh no Roger! Sorry to hear that! Good luck on the attempted repairs!!

Thanks for the tip on the new flavors! Target did not have them yesterday, so will have to try some of the other stores. I started buying my yogurt at Target because I have not been able to get the choc raspberry and caramel macchiato anywhere else. Hope they are not falling behind the times now lol! Do you also freeze them to have as dessert? I keep forgetting about that and then when somebody mentions it again, it sounds so tempting!
  • willow_river
    Options
    Hello All!

We are having some nice weather recently with highs around 90 during the day. Yes, in a dry climate that is nice! Mornings are cool. . . 60s and 70s. I have been going for a walk outside before work each day this week. It's a beautiful time of day. I love the serenity of the early morning hours in my neighborhood. :)

My diet is frustrating right now as I'm quite limited in what I can eat. And, the things I can eat are not necessarily what I consider healthy. I have notice the scale is taking a downward turn since my medical crisis, though. I'm definitely eating, but eating smaller portions and am less worried, for now, about working everything in. I just eat from the list of medically acceptable foods whenever I feel hungry. This seems to be helping in the weight loss department as well as taking care of my medical needs. I'm starting to think I should reconsider my eventual return to the NS program! :o

Roger - You are really being hit with the repair bills! I hope the DIY work on the mower turns out for you. Wouldn't that feel great?

Carin - Welcome back! So good to hear that you had a nice trip! I have never been that far north, but would really like to check it out someday. . . camera in hand!! :) Thanks for asking about my health. I'm still not back to normal, but it has been the better part of a week since I got out of the hospital and things are coming along.

You eat the the peanut butter lunch bars most everyday? They are sooo yummy! When I eat them, it's as if I'm eating candy and I feel guilty about it. I try to use them as a lunch "dessert" on days that I eat a veggie and a PF, like chicken breast or veggie burger for my "meal." The bars are really a treat for me!

Amanda - How are you doing with thinking outside the box on your food choices? We do seem to get in a rut sometimes, don't we. I love hearing what others are eating as it always give me ideas of changes I can make for some variety.

Miranda - I like the Chobani yogurt, too, but really have a thing for the Dannon caramel macchiato. In fact, a large section of my refrigerator is reserved for it! My neighborhood store tends to frequently run out, so I always buy a few whenever I'm there. . . even if I'm already stocked up! Can't seem to get enough of this one!!

Back to work now. . . hope everyone is having a great week!

willow

• RogerToo
    Options
    Oh no Roger! Sorry to hear that! Good luck on the attempted repairs!!

Thanks for the tip on the new flavors! Target did not have them yesterday, so will have to try some of the other stores. I started buying my yogurt at Target because I have not been able to get the choc raspberry and caramel macchiato anywhere else. Hope they are not falling behind the times now lol! Do you also freeze them to have as dessert? I keep forgetting about that and then when somebody mentions it again, it sounds so tempting!

Hi Carin
    The new part for the lawn mower arrived and it started after the install, so I will be mowing Tomorrow Morning. Mixed Blessing there.
    Briggs and Stratton Phone support was helpful once I waited out the Que.

I keep meaning to try freezing one to try As a dessert too, I suspect that the Ones that are all one flavor rather than having to fruit on the bottom will work better for that.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Hello All!

We are having some nice weather recently with highs around 90 during the day. Yes, in a dry climate that is nice! Mornings are cool. . . 60s and 70s. I have been going for a walk outside before work each day this week. It's a beautiful time of day. I love the serenity of the early morning hours in my neighborhood. :)

My diet is frustrating right now as I'm quite limited in what I can eat. And, the things I can eat are not necessarily what I consider healthy. I have notice the scale is taking a downward turn since my medical crisis, though. I'm definitely eating, but eating smaller portions and am less worried, for now, about working everything in. I just eat from the list of medically acceptable foods whenever I feel hungry. This seems to be helping in the weight loss department as well as taking care of my medical needs. I'm starting to think I should reconsider my eventual return to the NS program! :o

Roger - You are really being hit with the repair bills! I hope the DIY work on the mower turns out for you. Wouldn't that feel great?

Carin - Welcome back! So good to hear that you had a nice trip! I have never been that far north, but would really like to check it out someday. . . camera in hand!! :) Thanks for asking about my health. I'm still not back to normal, but it has been the better part of a week since I got out of the hospital and things are coming along.

You eat the the peanut butter lunch bars most everyday? They are sooo yummy! When I eat them, it's as if I'm eating candy and I feel guilty about it. I try to use them as a lunch "dessert" on days that I eat a veggie and a PF, like chicken breast or veggie burger for my "meal." The bars are really a treat for me!

Amanda - How are you doing with thinking outside the box on your food choices? We do seem to get in a rut sometimes, don't we. I love hearing what others are eating as it always give me ideas of changes I can make for some variety.

Miranda - I like the Chobani yogurt, too, but really have a thing for the Dannon caramel macchiato. In fact, a large section of my refrigerator is reserved for it! My neighborhood store tends to frequently run out, so I always buy a few whenever I'm there. . . even if I'm already stocked up! Can't seem to get enough of this one!!

Back to work now. . . hope everyone is having a great week!

willow

Hi Willow
    It seemed to work Ok, Plus with the Critter nest removed the governor could do its job and it was running slower as it is supposed to and not vibrating from the high RPM.

I just had the Chocolatey Nougat Bar for my Mid Afternoon Snack. They are tasty too. I also like the Apple Strudel Breakfast Bar and the Cinnamon Bun Breakfast Bar.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Willow - So glad that you are feeling better!

Roger - Doesn't it always seem like repair costs never come one at a time? I mean really. haha

Carin - I can imagine how exhausting it is going away every weekend (not to mention that DH was having to plan his routes around going from airport to airport), so it is nice that you just took some time off and got to spend uninterrupted time.

Last night I went to Gengis Grill and had a bit of a victory. For those of you unfamiliar with the restaurant it is basically a build your own stir-fry place. You get a metal bowl and then go through the "line" and fill your bowl with as much of the raw ingredients as you want/can fit, then you pick a starch to go with it and then they cook it on this huge thing and bring it to your table. In the past it has always been "Get as much meat as you can so you get the most value out of it." Last night though, I put probably two PFs worth of chicken in the bowl and then loaded the rest of the bowl up with veggies. I got brown rice as the starch and to be honest it was more than a SC worth, but I counted it as all three of my SCs for the day so (Edit: I looked it up and per their website they add 4oz of brown rice and it is only 110 calories).... The only "bad" thing I added was the sauce that I mixed in. But.... Still. I realized after I sat down that I unconsciously got way more veggies than I did meat and I kinda patted myself on the back for that. It was the first time that I made a 'healthy' choice without having to think about making a 'healthy choice' :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning today, Humidity in the Comfortable range, maybe 48% and 66 degrees. You can be sure I walked today, Heck, I almost sweated too. Then I came home, Ate the 2nd half of My Morning Banana, Mowed the Lawn and then had Breakfast. 2.75 Miles + whatever exercise the mowing provided.

Then as I was in the basement pulling frozen from the freezer to bring up to the kitchen for the rest of today and the next four days menus I heard someone knocking on the front Door. I had forgotten it was meter reading day. I now have today's and the next four days menus created. Tomorrow I will have to tackle changing the Fill assembly for one of the toilets. Oh Well :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Hello Everyone,

Willow - So glad that you are feeling better!

Roger - Doesn't it always seem like repair costs never come one at a time? I mean really. haha

Carin - I can imagine how exhausting it is going away every weekend (not to mention that DH was having to plan his routes around going from airport to airport), so it is nice that you just took some time off and got to spend uninterrupted time.

Last night I went to Gengis Grill and had a bit of a victory. For those of you unfamiliar with the restaurant it is basically a build your own stir-fry place. You get a metal bowl and then go through the "line" and fill your bowl with as much of the raw ingredients as you want/can fit, then you pick a starch to go with it and then they cook it on this huge thing and bring it to your table. In the past it has always been "Get as much meat as you can so you get the most value out of it." Last night though, I put probably two PFs worth of chicken in the bowl and then loaded the rest of the bowl up with veggies. I got brown rice as the starch and to be honest it was more than a SC worth, but I counted it as all three of my SCs for the day so (Edit: I looked it up and per their website they add 4oz of brown rice and it is only 110 calories).... The only "bad" thing I added was the sauce that I mixed in. But.... Still. I realized after I sat down that I unconsciously got way more veggies than I did meat and I kinda patted myself on the back for that. It was the first time that I made a 'healthy' choice without having to think about making a 'healthy choice' :)

Hi Amanda
    So true, I also picked up on Wednesday the repair parts for one of the toilets. Then in the afternoon the parts for the lawn mower arrived so I changes the Armature, That is what Briggs & Stratton calls it. I would call it the Magneto or the Ignition Coil and voila the mower lives again. Mixed Blessing as I Now have to mow with it.

Congratulations.
    Your eatery sounds like what we had that was called a Mongolian BBQ, You went through the line and could pick from several meats, Vegetables and sauces etc. Then They Stir fried it on a huge flat metal plate. You could also have a portion of shrimp by paying extra.

We also have a Chinese Buffet place that more or less works. IF I end up there I get the Hibachi pork, or Beef & Broccoli or Chicken broccoli and let the sauce drain off before plating it. Then I add some Green beans or Cabbage. I also get a plate with SCs on it, Chunks of Melons and Pineapple.
    So Fruits as SCs
    Meats as PFs
    Beans and Cabbage as vegetables and a pot of unsweetened tea.
    The trick is to stay away from the Fried Rice, Egg Rolls, Pizza, Breads, and Noodles. :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger

• irandamay
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It has been a bad spring/summer for bills for us too! Some bills are pleasure related and were expected (flights/hotel/race registrations for CA and FL for my half marathons this year) but others were unexpected and unpleasant (LOTS of car repairs and dog biopsy and cancer surgery and chemo). And then of course NS had their gift card sale, which I love because I save lots of money on food, but it hurts to buy 10-12 cards all at once! I only got 10 this time and I'm hoping that lasts until the next sale... SO just got 4, probably since we have so many other bills.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Miranda
    It has been a tough summer for bills here too. Fix Car AC, etc.

I sympathize as I feel it too.

I am still up in the air whether or not to order another 5 NS Gift cards myself. I love saving money but OTOH..........

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • willow_river
    Options
    I'm noticing the talk about NS gift cards. Did I miss that they are on sale again?