irandamay
irandamay Posts: 929 Member
For those of us still around :)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Miranda
    And You got keep the same user name and used the same Avatar too. Yipee :)
    It created easily? :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Finally we don't have a question mark in our title! That irked me. Although I guess it made us unique huh? Haha
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Oh no Miranda - you forgot our ? LOL! Thanks Miranda and Roger for not letting us get lost!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Amanda & Carin
    Looks like it is working OK.

I'm running behind so I'm just saying hello today.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • irandamay
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've actually had an account on here since before NS, so it was more that on NS I got to keep my username. :)
  • willow_river
    willow_river Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I made it here! Someone already had my username so I had to add a hypen. Hope that doesn't confuse anyone. Apparently, there is already a "willow" and a "willowriver" on MFP. Go figure! I will have to work on my avatar later as I still don't have my computer back from "computer ICU" and, therefore, do not have access to my pictures.

I tried to log my weight on NS today and it send me to the numi app. Guess, I'll have to figure out how to do that here. But the good news is that the scale is moving again! Yay!!! This is amazingly good news as I just got back from five days in Minnesota. I was sure the scale would move up rather than down this morning if for no other reason than water retention from flying. I was pleasantly surprised!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Willow
    I wonder why it did that to You. I just went to the log weight page and it looked normal to me.

Good Luck figuring it out
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Willow - When you log your weight on NuMi make sure that for the first time you put your ORIGINAL weight. Then you can go in and log your weight. It will say something about "That's a large difference are you sure it is correct?" and you click yes. This is how to make sure your Nutribears stay in sync. I've read that some people didn't get that memo or didn't understand or something and didn't log their original (pre ns) weight and rumor has it that no one at NS has any idea how to fix it.

So yeah --- Before logging today's weight make sure to log your starting weight and then go in and say you want to add your weight and add today's.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Willow - When you log your weight on NuMi make sure that for the first time you put your ORIGINAL weight. Then you can go in and log your weight. It will say something about "That's a large difference are you sure it is correct?" and you click yes. This is how to make sure your Nutribears stay in sync. I've read that some people didn't get that memo or didn't understand or something and didn't log their original (pre ns) weight and rumor has it that no one at NS has any idea how to fix it.

So yeah --- Before logging today's weight make sure to log your starting weight and then go in and say you want to add your weight and add today's.

i had this issue as i signed up for numi when it first was announced. after seeing the threads talking about the apps/sites not syncing i did contact their customer service. took about three emails but my records are finally lining up correctly... email address i used was membersupport@numi.com

~kel
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Hello Friends!

I am not sure if we are all busy (end of the month is always crazy in my office), or if we just haven't gotten used to the idea of coming HERE rather than the NS boards. In either case -- I hope everyone is doing well!

Tonight, for my Thursday night group, I proposed the idea of meeting at a park and doing like a picnic type thing. So this way -- I can cook up my NS meal / SC / Veggies / Whatever and pack it in like some Tupperware and then take that. No question about staying on plan! And it'll just look like left overs or something so it won't become a topic of conversation. haha
  • irandamay
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan Amanda :)
  • willow_river
    Options
    Hi All!

Sorry I haven't been very consistent here lately. I still don't have a computer and am just limping along with my smartphone and the occasionally borrowed computer. Hopefully, I'll hear something soon about my data recovery. Fingers crossed!!!

Thank you, Amanda, for the information about logging weight. I have been contemplating giving up logging it with NS. BUT, I have been losing again and really want to get that "Goal" bear in a few months. I'll try again.

Do any of you know if there is a way to save the link to our discussion here so I can get to it easily? Something like the subscription to the thread that we had on the NS site? I see that I can bookmark it, but where does that put it? I'm on a borrowed computer and don't really want to save it to someone else's favorites. Any suggestions?
  • irandamay
    Options
    It seems like it should show up in the top menu in the bookmarks menu (the star icon between the notifications bell and the settings gear) but it doesn't. I have bookmarked this thread with the yellow star, but it isn't in the menu list. Maybe it only works with the discussion boards (although then why do they let you even bookmark these in the first place?) You could make a regular browser bookmark for it when you get your computer back, though.
  • willow_river
    Options
    irandamay wrote: »
    It seems like it should show up in the top menu in the bookmarks menu (the star icon between the notifications bell and the settings gear) but it doesn't. I have bookmarked this thread with the yellow star, but it isn't in the menu list. Maybe it only works with the discussion boards (although then why do they let you even bookmark these in the first place?) You could make a regular browser bookmark for it when you get your computer back, though.

That's what I'm thinking, Miranda. In the meantime, I have to keep going back to the NS website and click on the link Roger so kindly put in his post for us. I'm not sure how long that will work. So far, I haven't been able to find our thread here without that assist.
  • irandamay
    Options
    Oh, I thought you meant the link directly to this thread, not the whole group. The link to the group is at the top of the Groups page (Community tab -> Groups). It's also at the bottom of the main Community page. There's a section for "My Groups".

Once you are in the group, if you are looking for this thread and it's not shown on the first page, just click on the "All Discussions" link. By default, it only shows like the 10 or so most recently active threads.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello Friends!

I am not sure if we are all busy (end of the month is always crazy in my office), or if we just haven't gotten used to the idea of coming HERE rather than the NS boards. In either case -- I hope everyone is doing well!

Tonight, for my Thursday night group, I proposed the idea of meeting at a park and doing like a picnic type thing. So this way -- I can cook up my NS meal / SC / Veggies / Whatever and pack it in like some Tupperware and then take that. No question about staying on plan! And it'll just look like left overs or something so it won't become a topic of conversation. haha

Hi Amanda
    What a Great idea!

Avoid any problems that way
    Roger
    irandamay wrote: »

That's what I'm thinking, Miranda. In the meantime, I have to keep going back to the NS website and click on the link Roger so kindly put in his post for us. I'm not sure how long that will work. So far, I haven't been able to find our thread here without that assist.

Hi Willow
    This should work. I use it with FireFox And Internet Explorer for example.
    Create a desktop shortcut to a website
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/create-desktop-shortcut-website

You can use Firefox to create a shortcut on your computer's desktop to a page you've visited:

Resize the Firefox window so you can see both your computer's desktop and the Firefox window on the same screen.
    Click the icon on the left of the address bar (where the URL is shown).
    While still holding the mouse button down, move the pointer to the desktop, then release the mouse button. The shortcut will be created.

Website Shortcut Shortcut 29 - Win Shortcut 29 - Mac Shortcut 29 - Lin

You can also drag and drop items to the desktop from the Bookmarks menu and the Library window to create shortcuts.

If you open the shortcut you made, your default browser will open, and display the page for which you made the shortcut. If you want to make Firefox your default browser, see Make Firefox your default browser.

In addition, there may be third-party Firefox extensions that can help you. For more information on searching for and installing extensions, see Find and install add-ons to add features to Firefox.

Once You create the website link on the desktop You just cut it and then paste it onto a Removable drive (Flash Drive) (Thumb Drive) etc.

Good Luck
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • willow_river
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Miranda - I did mean the link to this discussion. Thanks to both you and Roger for trying to help me with this. I think I'll have to wait until I have my computer back. . . .hopefully, tomorrow! I lost my hard drive and my computer guy is painstakingly recovering the lost files. There were a lot of documents, pictures, music, and books so it is taking awhile. In the meantime, I'm still limping along in the computer department.

On a postivie note: We got our garden planted today! What fun! Got a few hours of exercise in getting it ready and planted. We are excited to have more that our usual two tomato plants. Can't wait to watch it grow and . . . eventually, harvest the produce! Is anyone else gardening this year?
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Miranda - I did mean the link to this discussion. Thanks to both you and Roger for trying to help me with this. I think I'll have to wait until I have my computer back. . . .hopefully, tomorrow! I lost my hard drive and my computer guy is painstakingly recovering the lost files. There were a lot of documents, pictures, music, and books so it is taking awhile. In the meantime, I'm still limping along in the computer department.

On a postive note: We got our garden planted today! What fun! Got a few hours of exercise in getting it ready and planted. We are excited to have more that our usual two tomato plants. Can't wait to watch it grow and . . . eventually, harvest the produce! Is anyone else gardening this year?

Hi Willow
    I used to do some data recovery at work for customers. I would Often get the OK to put the New hard drive in and reload it while doing the data recovery and Tell the customers, Come pick it up and I'll charge for the data recovery and You can come back for the date to be restored once it is done. It is usually possible if the drive can still be detected and just has bad spots.

I had one data recovery Job take over a week!

For The future can I suggest keeping the computer backed up to avoid this problem in the future?
    Also I would ask for the dead drive back. If he can access the data on it, then the drive must be properly destroyed.

Good Luck
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I tried something new as my breakfast PF and thought I'd share it. It is the Dannon Light and Fit Greek Protein Shake. I had seen the commercial on TV a few times and so when I saw them in the store I checked their stats and figured I'd give them a try. They are 140 calories (as opposed to the carton of Greek yogurt that is only 80), and the protein is the same at 12g. The sugar is a bit higher but it also has 5g of fiber (where as the carton of yogurt has none). The bottle says it is 10oz I think so it is more volume than the carton of yogurt but you are drinking it so if you are one that likes to EAT rather than DRINK it might not seem like more.

Overall, I liked it. I probably won't make it a regular part of my breakfast PF since I don't typically like to DRINK my food, but it is nice to have it portable (unlike yogurt -- hard to eat yogurt while driving haha) and already ready to go (unlike traditional protein shakes that you have to mix up). I figure that it would count as a PF + Limited Extra and since it has 5g of fiber the Limited Extra calories seem to at least have nutritional value. I guess you could also count it as a PF and then just short a PF 20 calories from another part of your day.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • firegryphon
    firegryphon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I tried something new as my breakfast PF and thought I'd share it. It is the Dannon Light and Fit Greek Protein Shake. I had seen the commercial on TV a few times and so when I saw them in the store I checked their stats and figured I'd give them a try. They are 140 calories (as opposed to the carton of Greek yogurt that is only 80), and the protein is the same at 12g. The sugar is a bit higher but it also has 5g of fiber (where as the carton of yogurt has none). The bottle says it is 10oz I think so it is more volume than the carton of yogurt but you are drinking it so if you are one that likes to EAT rather than DRINK it might not seem like more.

Overall, I liked it. I probably won't make it a regular part of my breakfast PF since I don't typically like to DRINK my food, but it is nice to have it portable (unlike yogurt -- hard to eat yogurt while driving haha) and already ready to go (unlike traditional protein shakes that you have to mix up). I figure that it would count as a PF + Limited Extra and since it has 5g of fiber the Limited Extra calories seem to at least have nutritional value. I guess you could also count it as a PF and then just short a PF 20 calories from another part of your day.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh that sounds so good except the sugar!! Sounds like that might be a good mid-afternoon snack for me! I am supposed to have a powerfuel and a smartcarb for my mid-afternoon snack! I'm always on the go at that time of the day! Right now, I'm making up shakes and keeping them in the fridge (protein and frozen fruit). They come out like protein smoothies....but I'll keep an eye out for that in case I get caught out on the road later than I planned!! Thnx for the tip!!