May 2013 Starters

Options

Replies

• willow_river
    willow_river Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends

I'm back! I got my computer with new hard drive and most, if not all, my data recovered. I feel so lucky to have my pictures, documents, music, etc! I will be backing up regularly and redundantly from now on, believe me!

Now that I'm on my own computer, the issue with finding the NS discussion groups and our particular thread is no longer a problem. I think I'm good. When I get a chance, I'll go into my pictures and look for something to replace the little blue person that is my current avatar.

I saw on the NS website that Monday will be the last day they will be operating except for ordering food. I would love to have some of the recipes, but don't have time to go through them and copy things. So, I'll just have to find another way. . . when I'm ready.

Change is hard!!! I hope we can all stay in touch despite the big transition.

Until next time. . .

willow
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Willow - YAY for getting your computer back in mostly one piece.

Yesterday, I saw that there is a new SS dinner - Tuscan Inspired Pasta. My order closed last night so I got it in JUST in time. Seems interesting. We'll see. I don't tend to order the red sauce dinner meals because there was always SO much sauce and there are other options I like more, but I figured I'd give this one a try.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

I tried something new as my breakfast PF and thought I'd share it. It is the Dannon Light and Fit Greek Protein Shake. I had seen the commercial on TV a few times and so when I saw them in the store I checked their stats and figured I'd give them a try. They are 140 calories (as opposed to the carton of Greek yogurt that is only 80), and the protein is the same at 12g. The sugar is a bit higher but it also has 5g of fiber (where as the carton of yogurt has none). The bottle says it is 10oz I think so it is more volume than the carton of yogurt but you are drinking it so if you are one that likes to EAT rather than DRINK it might not seem like more.

Overall, I liked it. I probably won't make it a regular part of my breakfast PF since I don't typically like to DRINK my food, but it is nice to have it portable (unlike yogurt -- hard to eat yogurt while driving haha) and already ready to go (unlike traditional protein shakes that you have to mix up). I figure that it would count as a PF + Limited Extra and since it has 5g of fiber the Limited Extra calories seem to at least have nutritional value. I guess you could also count it as a PF and then just short a PF 20 calories from another part of your day.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi Amanda
    Thank You for the heads up and review. Was it expensive?
    Thanks
    Roger
    Hello Friends

I'm back! I got my computer with new hard drive and most, if not all, my data recovered. I feel so lucky to have my pictures, documents, music, etc! I will be backing up regularly and redundantly from now on, believe me!

Now that I'm on my own computer, the issue with finding the NS discussion groups and our particular thread is no longer a problem. I think I'm good. When I get a chance, I'll go into my pictures and look for something to replace the little blue person that is my current avatar.

I saw on the NS website that Monday will be the last day they will be operating except for ordering food. I would love to have some of the recipes, but don't have time to go through them and copy things. So, I'll just have to find another way. . . when I'm ready.

Change is hard!!! I hope we can all stay in touch despite the big transition.

Until next time. . .

willow

Hi Willow
    I bet You are so happy to get the computer back! :)
    I'm not a big fan of changes either, However I guess we will all have to get over it.
    Hopefully new NutriSystem people will find us.

Have a Good Day.
    I have backups of the Operating system and data and I do keep them unplugged just in case some ransomware gets into the computer. Once those malicious buggers encrypt Your data You pay the ransom or let it go and move on.
    Cheers
    Roger
    Willow - YAY for getting your computer back in mostly one piece.

Yesterday, I saw that there is a new SS dinner - Tuscan Inspired Pasta. My order closed last night so I got it in JUST in time. Seems interesting. We'll see. I don't tend to order the red sauce dinner meals because there was always SO much sauce and there are other options I like more, but I figured I'd give this one a try.

Hi Amanda
    If You could post a review in the post I created here for other once Your BBB arrives and You taste it. I have tentatively ordered four A La Carte and have until 6PM on the 21st to adjust that up or down. I also ordered three each of the latest Frozen Dinners and the two Shelf Stable Lunches that have been released since my last order.

Thank You
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.5 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
    a
  • spamanda53
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Amanda
    Thanks
    Roger

Hi Amanda
    If You could post a review in the post I created here for other once Your BBB arrives and You taste it. I have tentatively ordered four A La Carte and have until 6PM on the 21st to adjust that up or down. I also ordered three each of the latest Frozen Dinners and the two Shelf Stable Lunches that have been released since my last order.

Thank You
    Roger

I don't remember how much the four pack was. Next time I go to the grocery store, which will likely be today or tomorrow I will look. :smile:

I will certainly post a review in the thread. You added two SS lunches? Which one had you already tried? It's too late for me to take it out or my order haha but I'm curious as to your opinion. The three new ones that I added are the Arroz con Pollo, BBQ pulled pork (that personally I think should be a dinner but if NS says I can have it for lunch... albeit. haha.), and the one whose name escapes me right now... bean bolo something or other.
  • willow_river
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

It's a beautiful sunny morning! There has been rain all week. . . with more to come. Although we certainly need the rain, I'm enjoying a little break in the weather right now. :)

My computer is a still a little funky as I continue to reinstall programs and clean up some of the damage that was done when my hard drive crashed. Don't get me wrong. . . I'm not complaining. In fact, I'm thrilled to have most of my data, but everything is not running smoothly just yet. It will likely take a little time. I'm trying to manage the stress without reaching for my comfort foods. I'll admit, my success rate has been mixed, but I repeatedly recommit!

Anyone heard from Carin? Is this when she was going to be in Alaska? There has been so much going on that I've lost track. I have noticed, however, that she has not posted here for awhile.

Hope everyone is have a great week!

willow
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I have started a new Group called NutriSystem Food Reviews. The Link is in my signature.
    Enjoy
    Roger

Hi Amanda
    Thanks
    Roger

Hi Amanda

Thank You
    Roger

I don't remember how much the four pack was. Next time I go to the grocery store, which will likely be today or tomorrow I will look. :smile:

I will certainly post a review in the thread. You added two SS lunches? Which one had you already tried? It's too late for me to take it out or my order haha but I'm curious as to your opinion. The three new ones that I added are the Arroz con Pollo, BBQ pulled pork (that personally I think should be a dinner but if NS says I can have it for lunch... albeit. haha.), and the one whose name escapes me right now... bean bolo something or other.

Hi Amanda
    I have not tried any of the new additions that were added in the last month and it will be two weeks until I can no longer make changes to my order, may 21st and then ship date shows as the 22nd which in reality most likely means the following week.

Thank You
    Roger
    EXTKQl.gif
    NutriSystem Forums

April 25, 2015 -157.5 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png
  • spamanda53
    Options
    I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend!

I had a bit of a let down with my weigh-in on Saturday and let that rattle me all weekend. But I sat down and thought about it yesterday and admitted that while I wasn't 100% on plan last week maybe I should try to switch things up a bit. Despite the NS quiz thing telling me, I should be on the 1500 plan (4PF / 3SC), I've been sticking to the 3PF/2SC plan. Since when we started it was the 'normal' plan and the one that I was on had you adding extra food, I was excited to have lost 100lbs and be on the 'regular' plan. But maybe I should listen to that quiz thing and add in more food.

I am hoping that adding in the extra food will help the scale start moving back DOWN rather than UP. And hopefully the extra PF and SC will help me to not reach blindly for something when I give in the hunger. Here's hoping...
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Oh, I also wanted to add..... I don't know where the issue lies but my order that processed on 5/5 still hasn't posted (or emailed me) that it has shipped. Luckily I have a good amount of food still so I'm not TOO worried about it (yet), although I am thankful that I didn't back it up another week or two because I wanted to try some of the new foods haha.

Since I always have my order close on a Tuesday night I usually get it the following Tuesday. So, I'm not sure if it really hasn't shipped yet, or if maybe there is an issue with the NS site and it just isn't reflecting that it has shipped. So, we'll see if I get my stuff tomorrow or not.

Just wanted to let y'all know in case there is some sort of a delay with the shipping so you can plan accordingly. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    When You up the foods there may be a short bump in weight. do not be discouraged. I ended up chopping a hundred calories off of mine and that has worked for me. In the past on a plateau I went back up to what NS suggested and the weight loss resumed. :)

I think I would be tempted to call them. The other option would be to go to the NutriSystem Website and select My Account
    There is a place under that called Order History that should show it as shipped or not.

Good Luck
    Roger
    EXTKQl.gif
    NutriSystem Forums

April 25, 2015 -158.0 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    88672520.png
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    When You up the foods there may be a short bump in weight. do not be discouraged. I ended up chopping a hundred calories off of mine and that has worked for me. In the past on a plateau I went back up to what NS suggested and the weight loss resumed. :)

I think I would be tempted to call them. The other option would be to go to the NutriSystem Website and select My Account
    There is a place under that called Order History that should show it as shipped or not.

Good Luck
    Roger

Yeah... I figure since I haven't really logged losses since around my birthday, which is when I dropped off the extra PF and SC, it might be time to follow what NS recommends. And since I took that quiz a while back (and again recently) and it said that I should be eating more food than I am, I figure it's worth a shot.

Re my order: That's what I was meaning. Under MY ACCOUNT it says it hasn't shipped yet. I also called the number it that says it hasn't shipped yet either. Since I don't know if it's just me or if everyone's orders are having issues, I figured I would point it out so that people could move up their date if needed. Typically I would expect my order to arrive tomorrow but since I can't see a ship date I have no idea if it really is STILL processing or if the website is just having a glitch and my ship date isn't being reflected. I figure if it gets to be a week since it processed and I still don't have any information I will call and talk to a person (rather than the automated system) and see what the hold up is. Luckily, I still have a large amount of food so I am not in a bind or anything but I was just putting it out there so other's might be aware of a potential issue.
  • willow_river
    Options
    Hello Friends!

Roger - It seems that you are all over these boards! Good for you for being so involved in keeping the community support going!

Amanda - I hear your frustration with the weight issue. I have not been happy with my progress for several months either. I know you have previously mentioned the NS quiz that recommends a calorie count specific to your needs. I think I'll try to find it and see if that might be my problem too. I kind of doubt that I'm not eating enough. . . but, you never know! There is a fun solution to that problem . . .if it turns out to be the issue for me. :)

My food is supposed to be shipped tomorrow and usually arrives on Thursday (shelf stable) and Friday (frozen). I'll let you know if there is an issue with shipping/delivery. Like you, I have more than enough food right now so a delay would not be a problem. I would really like to try the new items I ordered, though, and always look forward to my new shipment arriving whether I need it or not! :*

It has been an errand and chore day for me. It feels good to get some things done around the house that have been neglected for awhile. We got our vegetables in the garden a week ago and they are really growing! Can't wait for the yummy produce in a few months! I think I'll run out now and buy some flowers to plant this week. It's time to beautify the place a bit. Besides, we all know how much I like to work in the yard and garden!!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

willow
  • willow_river
    Options
    And, POOF, they are gone! I know others have already commented on the disappearance of the NS boards today but it seems monumental and worthy of another mention. :'( I'm not happy with the online support (or rather, the lack of online support) provided by NS right now. Currently, I have to go to the NS website to manage my food order, go to NUMI to register my weight and anything else I want to track, and come here to chat with my peeps. Oh, and where is the Daily Dose? Has it gone to yet another location? It has all become such a needlessly complicated mess, in my opinion. I don't get it. If I wasn't two years into this commitment, I doubt that I would stick around. . . just saying. :*

So, Amanda, I took the little quiz that I found when I signed up for the NUMI app. Apparently, I still need to be eating 1200 calories. I don't count calories, but I might do that for a short time just to see how close I am to the 1200 mark. Have you bumped up your caloric intake? I hope that works for you!! I, apparently, need to shake things up some other way.

willow
  • spamanda53
    Options
    I agree with you Willow. If I was a newbie, I don't know if I'd be able to stick around without online support. I didn't really know about the online support when I joined, and I only found out about it when I was googling things and I kept getting taken to the discussion boards. So, I likely would have still joined but as far as sticking around and losing a bunch of weight? I might not have. So, I feel kind of bad for the newbies and future customers because they might not be following the plan correctly and have no idea because there is so official NS discussion board or blogs for them to figure it out on.

If I remember correctly the 1200 plan calls for 3pf and only 1 sc. Which kinda sucks and is a reason a lot of people didn't switch to that plan from the plan that was in place when we signed up. I think it's dumb that the plans have calorie numbers in the names because NS used to go on about not tracking calories. And by doing it that way I think it causes people to focus on the calories rather than getting in their add ons. But once people understand that it is an average and can be plus or minus 100 I guess it's the easiest way to name the plans. Anyways.... Good luck switching up your foods!!

(I typed this all on my phone so please forgive any typos or rambling sentences. Haha)
  • willow_river
    Options
    Oh, what would I do without my second SC each day!? That would be really hard. . . especially now, with fruit season coming on again! I don't count calories, as I use the measure method, and really have no idea how close I am to 1200. It wouldn't hurt me to use an app for logging my food a few day just to see where I'm at. I really should stop talking about it and just DO IT! LOL
  • willow_river
    Options
    Does anyone else count calories? What app do you use?
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I use MyFitnessPal. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Yeah... I figure since I haven't really logged losses since around my birthday, which is when I dropped off the extra PF and SC, it might be time to follow what NS recommends. And since I took that quiz a while back (and again recently) and it said that I should be eating more food than I am, I figure it's worth a shot.

Re my order: That's what I was meaning. Under MY ACCOUNT it says it hasn't shipped yet. I also called the number it that says it hasn't shipped yet either. Since I don't know if it's just me or if everyone's orders are having issues, I figured I would point it out so that people could move up their date if needed. Typically I would expect my order to arrive tomorrow but since I can't see a ship date I have no idea if it really is STILL processing or if the website is just having a glitch and my ship date isn't being reflected. I figure if it gets to be a week since it processed and I still don't have any information I will call and talk to a person (rather than the automated system) and see what the hold up is. Luckily, I still have a large amount of food so I am not in a bind or anything but I was just putting it out there so other's might be aware of a potential issue.

Hi Amanda
    My orders ship with no rhyme or reason for what ships first or even when they ship.
    I think the NS warehouses in Pennsylvania may be overloaded.

I have not tried this but it seems reasonable.
    1. Zig-Zag Calorie Intake

Cheers
    Roger
    Hello Friends!

Roger - It seems that you are all over these boards! Good for you for being so involved in keeping the community support going!

Amanda - I hear your frustration with the weight issue. I have not been happy with my progress for several months either. I know you have previously mentioned the NS quiz that recommends a calorie count specific to your needs. I think I'll try to find it and see if that might be my problem too. I kind of doubt that I'm not eating enough. . . but, you never know! There is a fun solution to that problem . . .if it turns out to be the issue for me. :)

My food is supposed to be shipped tomorrow and usually arrives on Thursday (shelf stable) and Friday (frozen). I'll let you know if there is an issue with shipping/delivery. Like you, I have more than enough food right now so a delay would not be a problem. I would really like to try the new items I ordered, though, and always look forward to my new shipment arriving whether I need it or not! :*

It has been an errand and chore day for me. It feels good to get some things done around the house that have been neglected for awhile. We got our vegetables in the garden a week ago and they are really growing! Can't wait for the yummy produce in a few months! I think I'll run out now and buy some flowers to plant this week. It's time to beautify the place a bit. Besides, we all know how much I like to work in the yard and garden!!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

willow
    And, POOF, they are gone! I know others have already commented on the disappearance of the NS boards today but it seems monumental and worthy of another mention. :'( I'm not happy with the online support (or rather, the lack of online support) provided by NS right now. Currently, I have to go to the NS website to manage my food order, go to NUMI to register my weight and anything else I want to track, and come here to chat with my peeps. Oh, and where is the Daily Dose? Has it gone to yet another location? It has all become such a needlessly complicated mess, in my opinion. I don't get it. If I wasn't two years into this commitment, I doubt that I would stick around. . . just saying. :*

So, Amanda, I took the little quiz that I found when I signed up for the NUMI app. Apparently, I still need to be eating 1200 calories. I don't count calories, but I might do that for a short time just to see how close I am to the 1200 mark. Have you bumped up your caloric intake? I hope that works for you!! I, apparently, need to shake things up some other way.

willow

Hi Willow This is for You and Amanda
    From Michelle's Tables here: Still up today FWIW
    http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/showthread.php?250368-How-many-smart-carbs-and-power-fuels&p=7229902&viewfull=1#post7229902

k1lxgd9vubzt.png

Notice the difference between the older Success plan and the current My Way plan.

The Flex Guides are to allow You to replace NS foods with other foods if needed.

And qlbtscmhfg0s.png
    ht0v4uumxxar.png

I am Still doing the Daily Dose and 50 clicks, Order adjustment and Weight logging on the www.NutriSystem.com website.
    I am also logging weight here and on paper just in case as well. I will only use the NuMi site if (When) that is no longer an option on the NS Website.

I do my menu planning here on MFP now. it is easier!

FWIW the NS Moderator said this
    "Daily Dose is on our new site weightloss.nutrisystem.com. There will be a follow up announcement on when 50 clicks will be turned off. A new rewards program will be launched in the coming months to replace 50 clicks. We are working on a plan to make sure that at the end of 50 clicks people who have been using it will receive their coupon even if they are a few short.

If I missed answering any questions please let me know, I have to run.
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -159.7 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links

Other Links
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    88672520.png
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Again
    The Log Food here can tell You how many calories per day to eat based on the information You give it. It was pretty close to NS plan they put me on way back when is I said I wanted to lose a pound a week, or 300 calories lower when I set two pounds a week loss as my Goal.

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -159.7 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links

Other Links
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    88672520.png
  • spamanda53
    Options
    So, I tried to call NS about my order yesterday but the wait time was "greater than 10 minutes" so I hung up and figured that I would call later on at night because in the past I've been able to get almost right through the them if you call at like 10 or so (CS is open until 12 est). Well, I forgot to call last night but I woke up to an email that said my order shipped. So, I don't know what the issue is/was and why my order that processed on the 5th didn't ship until the 14th (but really won't leave until the 15th or maybe even the 16th). I might still call NS and ask if it is a fluke or if this is what we should expect.

• RogerToo
    Options
    So, I tried to call NS about my order yesterday but the wait time was "greater than 10 minutes" so I hung up and figured that I would call later on at night because in the past I've been able to get almost right through the them if you call at like 10 or so (CS is open until 12 est). Well, I forgot to call last night but I woke up to an email that said my order shipped. So, I don't know what the issue is/was and why my order that processed on the 5th didn't ship until the 14th (but really won't leave until the 15th or maybe even the 16th). I might still call NS and ask if it is a fluke or if this is what we should expect.

Hi Amanda
    My Shelf Stable and Frozen orders have been shipping with delays of the next couple of days to as long as Your lately too. One reason I am keeping a reserve on hand.

I suspect it is due to a large number of new members wanting to lose weight for the summer season. If so that will lighten up as they drop out. I may have to look on eBay and Craig s List for bargains.
    I am OK with Either. Craig s List They have to be willing to meet me in the police department parking lot for me to feel comfortable as there are lots of possible scams showing there.

eBay some of the sellers have ridiculous expectations of what their product is worth. I have seen prices that equal what NutriSystem charges and then they want a lot of money for shipping, Pass!

At least it has shipped!
    I would still call and tell them this delay is unacceptable. If no one complains.......
    The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease!

Have a Good UpComing Weekend
    Roger
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links

Other Links
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    88672520.png