May 2013 Starters

Options

Replies

• willow_river
    willow_river Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    irandamay wrote: »
    I use MyFitnessPal. :)

I guess I could have figured out that one! :) Just curious. . .did you try Numi? I wonder if MFP is better?
  • willow_river
    Options
    Roger - Thank you for the information. The plan we (May 2013 Starters) started with is slightly different from the current plan. I think most of us are eating one more SC.

Amanda - Based on the current recommendations of 1200 calories, I assume adding the extra SC would take me to 1300 calories. Is that what you have been eating? Or, did you move up to 1500 calories?
  • willow_river
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    So, I tried to call NS about my order yesterday but the wait time was "greater than 10 minutes" so I hung up and figured that I would call later on at night because in the past I've been able to get almost right through the them if you call at like 10 or so (CS is open until 12 est). Well, I forgot to call last night but I woke up to an email that said my order shipped. So, I don't know what the issue is/was and why my order that processed on the 5th didn't ship until the 14th (but really won't leave until the 15th or maybe even the 16th). I might still call NS and ask if it is a fluke or if this is what we should expect.

Amanda - This is all very strange! I just got a food order yesterday with not problem. My order shipped right on time and was delivered two days later. Both the frozen and shelf stable were received on the same day which is unusual as they typically come one day apart. Do you know where your food comes from? Not that it matters, I guess, but mine comes from the NS distribution center in Nevada. I just wonder if there is a problem at a particular location and not others? Either way, good luck with getting your food! It has to be frustrating to have the order delayed with no explanation! Ugh!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    It has been raining this morning and now it has stopped and is starting to dry up, The Weatherman called it bookend rain for today. Rain in the morning and rain in the evening and dry between.

FWIW My orders have been flaky in their delivery times. Which means some of them come pretty quick and some are slow to ship. That makes it tough to get a handle on when. It seems as if it is a random thing. The Other thing I noticed is that since I chose to go to the plan with as much frozen and then got a freezer so that I was ordering 28 Frozen Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, and Snacks it got worse.

Is there a connection? Amanda is that Your situation too?

Also as a point of information my orders come out of the Pennsylvania Warehouses and when I joined the frozen and the Shelf Stable always came the same day and then late last year they started coming separately. A Time or tow the frozen beat the Shelf Stable. Once the automated call announcing that the Frozen has shipped came after it had been delivered!

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I use MyFitnessPal. :)

I guess I could have figured out that one! :) Just curious. . .did you try Numi? I wonder if MFP is better?

I used to use MFP before I started NS, and tried their tracker for only a few days way back then before I went back to MFP. I have not tried Numi at all yet. I don't really have a reason to switch.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Miranda
    The Only reason to use the NutriSystem Weight trackers is to get the bears. I do Like the food tracker better here. If they remove the weight tracker page from the NutriSystem Site then I will make the switch to Numi.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • irandamay
    Options
    Oh I thought we were talking about the food tracker. :) Yeah, I will log my weight on Numi when it's time for a new bear, but no reason to keep it updated that often now. I used to update it more frequently so my ticker would update on the forums, but no reason to now. :)
  • willow_river
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification on the apps! I, actually, was asking about the food tracker. Since my use of the tracker for logging food is just to get a sense of how many calories I eat, I only plan to use it for a short time. . . then, back to the old-fashioned paper version of the Daily Tracker for me. For now, I'm using Numi as I expect I will need to get acquainted with it eventually for logging my weight. I really want to see that "Goal" bear someday!!!
  • willow_river
    Options
    Hey, marathoners (half-marathoners?)! How is the training coming along? I'm ready to cheer you on, but haven't heard anything lately about the build-up to the races. :)
  • willow_river
    Options
    Amanda - I saw on the news last night that there has been some major flooding in Texas over the weekend. I know Texas is a big state, but just wondering if the flooding was anywhere near you? I hope you are safe!!
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Roger - I feel you about the rain. I am SO sick of the rain! We have had so much rain since March.I don't think we have gone more than 3 days in a row without rain since then.

Willow - We have some flooding in this part of the state. Near where my dad works has a lot of flooding due to certain forks of some rivers. The majority of the issues here are just roads flooding and not a whole lot of property damage or anything but... Give it time. A lot of water flows through this part of the state to get to the Gulf so the rivers will stay at or above their maximum levels as the areas to the north (Dallas has had 6+ inches lately, Oklahoma City has had like 10 inches) continue to drain their water this way.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Oh I thought we were talking about the food tracker. :) Yeah, I will log my weight on Numi when it's time for a new bear, but no reason to keep it updated that often now. I used to update it more frequently so my ticker would update on the forums, but no reason to now. :)

Hi Miranda
    I do keep the Weight tracker here updated as I have the MFP ticker in my signature. :)
    It updates here when it changes as the ticker image is stored here.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    :)
    88672520.png
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!! Sorry for my long absence! I just got sort of lost during the move from the NS boards and then struggled to find our thread again! Also got back from 1.5 weeks holiday - in answer to your question Willow - last week-end we all met up at Disneyland for the half marathon last Sunday. Had a wonderful week-end meeting Miranda, Sue, Brook and Debbie (all Biggest Loser friends!) and Miranda, Sue and I successfully completed our half marathon. On Monday DH and I left from Anaheim for Ensenada Mexico and spent the week there and came back via Sedona for the week-end.

I eventually decided I wont be ready for the full marathon in Alaska in June, so I have entered to run another half marathon there and I have entered for the Disney World full marathon in January. I have found out that a better corral placement for such a big race really helps, so hoping to improve my half marathon time in Anchorage for a better corral placement for Disney World.
  • irandamay
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I do keep the Weight tracker here updated as I have the MFP ticker in my signature. :)
    Yeah, I meant no reason to update it at NS/Numi more frequently other than to get the bears. I always log it in here... although I do not have the desire to paste a signature into every post so it's not as visible. :)

Willow, like Carin said, our half marathon was last Sunday. :) We all had a great time... but I am hoping to improve my corral placement for my next one in November!! It is really tough being in that back corral. My time was not what I had hoped for. I have a 10K that I am doing on 6/13 that will hopefully be able to get me a better corral for November.

• irandamay
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Yeah, I meant no reason to update it at NS/Numi more frequently other than to get the bears. I always log it in here... although I do not have the desire to paste a signature into every post so it's not as visible. :)

Willow, like Carin said, our half marathon was last Sunday. :) We all had a great time... but I am hoping to improve my corral placement for my next one in November!! It is really tough being in that back corral. My time was not what I had hoped for. I have a 10K that I am doing on 6/13 that will hopefully be able to get me a better corral for November.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Rainy here this morning and cool too. Only 69 degrees inside with the heat off, I can not decide, turn it on or leave it off.

Have a Good Week
    Roger

Hi Miranda
    You may notice I do not always put my signature either. I do tend to put it if I added something in the way of an announcement such as a new group or new Food.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

• irandamay
    Options
    SO and I finally clicked the button and upgraded our plans from Select (which is no longer available) to Uniquely Yours. I was terrified to lose my discounts, because when we signed up in May 2013, there were really some excellent discounts going, plus I had a 12% corporate discount (same amount as a health insurance one). But they all stayed put. I took screenshots before and after just in case something happens.

With the $70 UY discount that is happening right now, plus all the other discounts, we're actually getting UY for over $6 a month less than Select was. Now I just hope that we have enough room in our freezer for more frozen food between the two of us!

Unfortunately, my next order just processed last Friday and hasn't even arrived yet, so I won't be getting more frozen food until mid-June. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Miranda
    Congratulations on a great deal!
    What happened to select?

I ended up buying a small chest type freezer for the basement. It has come in handy for other things too.
    Walmart had small 3 Cu Ft for $200. The one I bought locally so they could deliver it as I had no way to get it home is a 8.8 cubic foot freezer. Right Now it holds my NS, a couple of whole pork loins, and a Turkey.

Have a Good Week
    Roger

• irandamay
    Options
    The Select plan is just not there anymore if you go to sign up.
  • willow_river
    edited May 2015
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Roger - I feel you about the rain. I am SO sick of the rain! We have had so much rain since March.I don't think we have gone more than 3 days in a row without rain since then.

Willow - We have some flooding in this part of the state. Near where my dad works has a lot of flooding due to certain forks of some rivers. The majority of the issues here are just roads flooding and not a whole lot of property damage or anything but... Give it time. A lot of water flows through this part of the state to get to the Gulf so the rivers will stay at or above their maximum levels as the areas to the north (Dallas has had 6+ inches lately, Oklahoma City has had like 10 inches) continue to drain their water this way.

Wow, Amanda! Thinking about how water all flows down to the Gulf really puts things in perspective. It doesn't take a lot of water up stream to cause a problem as it flows accumulatively downstream. I guess you just have to stay out of the way of high water! I assume that is taken into consideration when building permits are granted? Stay safe!!!!

willow