May 2013 Starters

Options

Replies

• SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I am an IE user anyway - my DH keeps trying to convert me to Chrome, but I am a creature of habit. Even since my order has been shipped, I have not been able to get back in - it's been a week now!. The close-down of the threads did not chase me away from NS, but if I cant change my AD orders, that is gonna do it for me.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked to McDonalds for a Large Black Coffee @ $1.07 with tax and 2.15 miles wound trip walk, Counting the stop to buy the Coffee and the stops to drink from the cup on the way back home, 1 Hour 20 Minutes. :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Roger,
    You are doing so well with your weight loss and increased physical activity! Congratulations!!! I don't know if it is the same for you, but I have been quite surprised at my increased stamina since losing weight. We've got this!!

Hi Willow, Gardening is definitely exercise!
    I am (was) happily surprised with the increase energy levels from the weight loss. :)
    Cheers
    Roger
    HEY!! Nice to see everybody is still here!!
    Roger, great job on the walk! I love the saying "you don't need to compete with anybody but the you of yesterday" - that is what you are doing and that is awesome!
    Willow, what is your doctor smoking!! How can gardening not be exercise? That is why I never do it! It is too much work!
    Amanda, great stuff with your food choices over the week-end!! Sounds like you did great!

I have been really frustrated with my inability to get into the NS site to update my food order which means that it eventually got sent without me being able to change any selections from the last time (many months ago!) when we got BBB's but ALSO without being able to use my Costco cards! I was NOT a very happy camper!
    I am an IE user anyway - my DH keeps trying to convert me to Chrome, but I am a creature of habit. Even since my order has been shipped, I have not been able to get back in - it's been a week now!. The close-down of the threads did not chase me away from NS, but if I cant change my AD orders, that is gonna do it for me.

Hi Carin
    I think I am in a Minority here in that I use FireFox and never had a problem with getting in to edit my order.
    I also like the spell Check in FireFox. I use the NoScript Add-On with it and I have Web Of Trust installed in it and IE for when I search for things.

Since Chrome is from Google and I do not trust them not to be collecting data on Chrome usage, no Chrome for me.

Too late now, but You could have called customer service to have Your order changed and the Gift Cards applied with a phone call.

Good Luck in the Future
    Roger
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Re: new foods... I have been slacking on trying a bunch of them.

For shelf dinners, I did think that the Santa Fe chicken was fairly tasty. I didn't try the ginger chicken one yet, although I have one in the closet. I thought the meatloaf was gross though... it was like the old one only with a bland brown gravy instead of a not good tasting tomato sauce. The other new dinners, mac & cheese with sausage and tuscan inspired pasta, came out after my last order, so I haven't gotten any yet. I don't usually experiment with frozen dinners too much because I used to only have 10 and I didn't want to use up too many trying new ones, but I think I have 2 in there... chicken and roasted veggies and some other kind of ginger chicken? Haven't tried either one yet.

For shelf lunches, I have not tried the pulled pork yet, but I thought the arroz con pollo was awful and threw the remaining 3 packets that I got (thinking "it's chicken and rice, how bad can it be... I have so few lunches I will eat, I'll just get 4") into our basket of NS food to probably never be eaten before it expires. I just tried the bean bolognese today and thought it was very tasty, though. Of course now that I am on the Uniquely Yours stuff I can just order hot pockets all the time. I wish they'd had this bean one before, maybe I wouldn't have had to throw out so many expired chicken chili and three cheese chicken. :blush:
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Question for people who get frozen food:
    I got a sampler of frozen with my AD -- My BBB shipped last week (out of Reno NV, as opposed to all my previous orders that came out of Pennsylvania) and it came today. But I haven't gotten anything regarding my frozen stuff yet. Anyone care to fill me in on how this works? When I look at my order history, under the SHIP date it only lists my SS stuff. How will I know when my frozen stuff ships? Thanks!

For what it's worth -- I have no issue getting in to tweak my next order using Firefox.
  • irandamay
    Options
    I don't know how it works with the samplers... for my regular order, I get a shipping notification email when each box ships out. The only emails I ever get from NS. *grumble*
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I usually use my work laptop to update my orders and we are only allowed to install IE - or it is installed as part of our "One Desktop" Suite. I guess I'll have to do it on my Surface Pro next time and try Firefox or Chrome or something! Grrrrr I need these things to be EASY!!! My DH who is the techno geek is away!! Also, if I have to call to change my orders, or have my gift cards applied, that WILL be the end of the road for me! I don't do phones and I certainly don't do waiting for "the next available agent" LOL!

I love the shelf stable ginger chicken - it is very saucy, so I pour it over very well cooked and mashed cauliflower. Same with the Santa Fe chicken. Two of my favorite's and a LOT of food, while getting my veggies in!

I agree Miranda - the only emails I get from NS are also the shipping notifications! But I don't get frozen so I have no idea how that works!
  • spamanda53
    Options
    irandamay wrote: »
    I don't know how it works with the samplers... for my regular order, I get a shipping notification email when each box ships out. The only emails I ever get from NS. *grumble*

I assume it works the same way. When I got the first shipping email it said it was for the SS food and I'd get another email when the frozen shipped. So I was just wondering how "accurate" that was. Haha. I figured it would ship so that the weekend didn't interfere so I'm not too worried about it (yet) but just thought I'd toss the question out there. Thanks!
  • willow_river
    willow_river Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Woo Hoo, Roger! I love being able to walk far enough to run an errand without getting the car out! Using coffee as an enticement to walk is a nice idea. And if you like black coffee, like I do, you ended up with a net deficit in the calorie department! Way to go!

Carin - Man, what a bummer! I would be very upset about not being able to use Costco cards! I know, it seems that it's too late, but I would still try giving customer service a call. Who knows, they just might adjust your order so you don't have to pay so much more for what you didn't want to order but couldn't get changed!!!!

FWIW, I've been having a lot of trouble with Internet Explorer myself. In fact, I have been unable to get it updated since my computer crashed a few weeks ago. Currently, I only have IE 7 which means it is not up to speed to work properly with every website I visit. I haven't tried recently because I switched to Firefox, but wonder if that might be the case with the NS website? I prefer IE. . . probably just because that is what I was used to, but haven't found a way to make it work for me for awhile now. And, like Roger, I don't trust Google so avoid using Chrome.

Miranda - I like the Santa Fe Chicken, too. The only other new items I have found satisfying to my tastebuds is the pulled pork. I really like the BBQ chicken better. I did order a couple of the pork and am eating them as dinner item rather than lunch due to the higher calories. The frozen Chicken and Roasted Vegetable is ok, but is very (emphasis on very) bland. You might want to doctor it up with some spices.

Which of the "hot pockets" do you like? I enjoy the Four Cheese, the Italian Sausage, and the SW Fiesta. My all time favorite frozen food is the Ravioli Formaggio! I just can't get enough of that one!

Amanda - I don't have any experience with the frozen sampler, either. My frozen food usually comes one day before or after the BBB. They send two separate emails. Typically, I am unable to decipher which is which. I also get a phone call notifying me that my frozen food is on the way. Frequently, the message comes the day of, or even the day after, the frozen shipment is received! It doesn't seem that there is any rhyme or reason, but they are fairly consistent! LOL How exciting for you to be trying some frozen foods! Please let us know what you think.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

willow

• irandamay
    Options
    I am not surprised that the site is having issues with IE7... keep using Firefox. :) Not just because sites will work better in it but to protect yourself and your information from security issues. Most web developers do not develop anymore for IE7 at all. It is too hard. It just doesn't have support in it for anything that people expect in a modern website these days. It is just too old... it was released almost 9 years ago. Personally, I draw the line in the sand at IE9. I will make an attempt to make sure things more or less work and more or less look ok in IE8 (which is also pretty darn old in computer-y years at almost 7 years old), because it has more support for modern things, but I do not kill myself over fixing problems unless they are also an issue on IE9, IE10, or IE11.
  • irandamay
    Options
    As for the hot pockets, I like the Southwest Fiesta one, the 4 cheese, the meatball, and the steak and cheese. Actually I order a lot of hamburgers and chicken burgers, too. :) I like the pepperoni one but the dough is weird and I only can do like 1-2 of those a month. But I read they were getting discontinued, so who knows.
  • RogerToo
    Options

Small heads up, If anybody uses Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt I bought some at Costco this morning, It was $3 off which made it $10.99 for a box of 18 or approx. 61 cents per container, Only three flavors but a darn good price as I see it.

Re: new foods... I have been slacking on trying a bunch of them.

For shelf dinners, I did think that the Santa Fe chicken was fairly tasty. I didn't try the ginger chicken one yet, although I have one in the closet. I thought the meatloaf was gross though... it was like the old one only with a bland brown gravy instead of a not good tasting tomato sauce. The other new dinners, mac & cheese with sausage and tuscan inspired pasta, came out after my last order, so I haven't gotten any yet. I don't usually experiment with frozen dinners too much because I used to only have 10 and I didn't want to use up too many trying new ones, but I think I have 2 in there... chicken and roasted veggies and some other kind of ginger chicken? Haven't tried either one yet.

For shelf lunches, I have not tried the pulled pork yet, but I thought the arroz con pollo was awful and threw the remaining 3 packets that I got (thinking "it's chicken and rice, how bad can it be... I have so few lunches I will eat, I'll just get 4") into our basket of NS food to probably never be eaten before it expires. I just tried the bean bolognese today and thought it was very tasty, though. Of course now that I am on the Uniquely Yours stuff I can just order hot pockets all the time. I wish they'd had this bean one before, maybe I wouldn't have had to throw out so many expired chicken chili and three cheese chicken. :blush:

Hi Miranda
    I don't like hot so I was pleasantly surprised that I did like the Arroz Con Pollo. The SS Meatloaf dinner was something that others like on the NS forum so I ordered too many, It is not good!

I understand that the Frozen Ginger Chicken is hot from the review here.

Cheers
    Roger
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Question for people who get frozen food:
    I got a sampler of frozen with my AD -- My BBB shipped last week (out of Reno NV, as opposed to all my previous orders that came out of Pennsylvania) and it came today. But I haven't gotten anything regarding my frozen stuff yet. Anyone care to fill me in on how this works? When I look at my order history, under the SHIP date it only lists my SS stuff. How will I know when my frozen stuff ships? Thanks!

For what it's worth -- I have no issue getting in to tweak my next order using Firefox.

Hi Amanda
    They never list both shipments. I usually get a email about whichever ships first. Then I get a phone call that my Frozen has shipped and I usually see it that day as FedEx gets it to me overnight.

Call the Customer Service number, the automated part can tell You if it is processing or shipped.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi All!

Woo Hoo, Roger! I love being able to walk far enough to run an errand without getting the car out! Using coffee as an enticement to walk is a nice idea. And if you like black coffee, like I do, you ended up with a net deficit in the calorie department! Way to go!

Carin - Man, what a bummer! I would be very upset about not being able to use Costco cards! I know, it seems that it's too late, but I would still try giving customer service a call. Who knows, they just might adjust your order so you don't have to pay so much more for what you didn't want to order but couldn't get changed!!!!

FWIW, I've been having a lot of trouble with Internet Explorer myself. In fact, I have been unable to get it updated since my computer crashed a few weeks ago. Currently, I only have IE 7 which means it is not up to speed to work properly with every website I visit. I haven't tried recently because I switched to Firefox, but wonder if that might be the case with the NS website? I prefer IE. . . probably just because that is what I was used to, but haven't found a way to make it work for me for awhile now. And, like Roger, I don't trust Google so avoid using Chrome.

Miranda - I like the Santa Fe Chicken, too. The only other new items I have found satisfying to my tastebuds is the pulled pork. I really like the BBQ chicken better. I did order a couple of the pork and am eating them as dinner item rather than lunch due to the higher calories. The frozen Chicken and Roasted Vegetable is ok, but is very (emphasis on very) bland. You might want to doctor it up with some spices.

Which of the "hot pockets" do you like? I enjoy the Four Cheese, the Italian Sausage, and the SW Fiesta. My all time favorite frozen food is the Ravioli Formaggio! I just can't get enough of that one!

Amanda - I don't have any experience with the frozen sampler, either. My frozen food usually comes one day before or after the BBB. They send two separate emails. Typically, I am unable to decipher which is which. I also get a phone call notifying me that my frozen food is on the way. Frequently, the message comes the day of, or even the day after, the frozen shipment is received! It doesn't seem that there is any rhyme or reason, but they are fairly consistent! LOL How exciting for you to be trying some frozen foods! Please let us know what you think.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

willow

Hi Willow
    I like the Pepperoni One but it shows as low inventory :(

Cheers
    Roger
    As for the hot pockets, I like the Southwest Fiesta one, the 4 cheese, the meatball, and the steak and cheese. Actually I order a lot of hamburgers and chicken burgers, too. :) I like the pepperoni one but the dough is weird and I only can do like 1-2 of those a month. But I read they were getting discontinued, so who knows.

Hi Miranda
    I like most of the frozen but the Southwest Fiesta one is one I order one or two of. So since I ordered two sampler Lunch melts I ended up with 13 as they substituted those for others. :(

Cheers
    Roger

• irandamay
    Options
    I had the frozen ginger cashew chicken last night and it was spicy... I loved it! :)
  • irandamay
    Options
    Also the pepperoni melt, I lost it from my order so I can't order it anymore. When I updated from the Select plan to Uniquely Yours, it reset all my food choices, so all the things that I had already selected that were low inventory became unavailable. When they're low inventory, you can only see them if you already have them in your order.

I'm not entirely sure why it resets your food choices when you switch over. The UI for choosing your food is different, but it seems like they could have preserved the ones you already had chosen. On Select, you always had to pick your 18 SS items and 10 frozen ones for each meal separately, so there were 8 total tabs to go through when customizing your order, choosing 2 sets of food for 4 meals. On UY, there's only 4 tabs now (which I imagine is also how it looks for SS only people), and all the frozen and SS is there in one big list.
  • irandamay
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Also the pepperoni melt, I lost it from my order so I can't order it anymore. When I updated from the Select plan to Uniquely Yours, it reset all my food choices, so all the things that I had already selected that were low inventory became unavailable. When they're low inventory, you can only see them if you already have them in your order.

I'm not entirely sure why it resets your food choices when you switch over. The UI for choosing your food is different, but it seems like they did not need to erase all the ones you already had chosen. On Select, you always had to pick your 18 SS items and 10 frozen ones for each meal separately, so there were 8 total tabs to go through when customizing your order, choosing 2 sets of food for 4 meals. On UY, there's only 4 tabs now (which I imagine is also how it looks for SS only people), and all the frozen and SS is there in one big list.
  • willow_river
    Options
    Roger,

Which flavors of yogurt were available at Costco? I suppose it might be different for each Costco though. There is one flavor that I like in particular and usually buy the store out whenever they have it. :smiley:
  • willow_river
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am not surprised that the site is having issues with IE7... keep using Firefox. :) Not just because sites will work better in it but to protect yourself and your information from security issues. Most web developers do not develop anymore for IE7 at all. It is too hard. It just doesn't have support in it for anything that people expect in a modern website these days. It is just too old... it was released almost 9 years ago. Personally, I draw the line in the sand at IE9. I will make an attempt to make sure things more or less work and more or less look ok in IE8 (which is also pretty darn old in computer-y years at almost 7 years old), because it has more support for modern things, but I do not kill myself over fixing problems unless they are also an issue on IE9, IE10, or IE11.

Miranda, my computer knowledge is limited so I appreciate your comments! I don't know what happened, but when my new hard drive was installed, Internet Explorer reverted back to the old IE7 version. I have been trying to get it updated for weeks with repeated failures. Alas, tonight I tried yet again and was successful! I now have IE11. Hopefully, that will be compatible with the sites I frequent! Personal preference is for IE as it is what I used first. Do you think Firefox is better, though?

Roger, it appears that your opinion is that Internet Explorer has issues with security? Can you elaborate?

Thanks to both of you!!!

willow

• spamanda53
    Options
    Willow - I know that at Sam's the flavors in the Light and Fit package are Strawberry and Blueberry. I would assume that Costco would be either the same or similar flavors -- 'traditional' yogurt flavors, but I am not certain. I am curios as well and depending on the answer might make a stop at Costco in the near future. In response to your question regarding IE... I don't use IE for ANYTHING other than one work task that I have to. I use Firefox exclusively at home and about 50% of the time at work. I use Chrome for the other stuff at work because two of my work email address are Gmail accounts and I like that it will pop up on the side of the screen when I get an email. I've just found that IE is really slow and just doesn't seem to work as well.

I called about my frozen stuff this morning (I couldn't get through last night and my phone was about to die and I didn't want to continue to be on hold until it died haha). At first the lady said that she didn't see anything frozen and started asking me about how I added it. I gave her the order number for my order and she said "It will be there today." Nothing about why there was no email or anything but maybe sampler packs don't get emails. So, we'll see if it comes today or not. haha

Also, I have a new trick with the protein shakes and or fruit smoothies. I mean it's not new but I have finally gotten around to trying it. If you use a blender or a Nutribullet or some other variation of that item to make your protein shake or fruit smoothie, you can throw a handful or two of spinach in. You really can't even taste it! I was a little leery when people said that but so far I have tried it in a blueberry fruit smoothie from NS and the NS chocolate shake and I have to tell you .... While it looks kinda gross you really can't taste it. Tomorrow I will try it with the peanut butter protein powder and see if that works too. I can only imagine what gross color that one will turn in to.... haha

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Well it is now hot and sticky (Humid) outside. I woke up early and looked at the temperature at 6:15AM and it was 71 degrees. I decided to walk right them and take a nap later to make up for the lost sleep. So I walked to McDonalds and picked up my Large Black Coffee and walked back home using a different route where possible. 2.24 miles done. Then after Breakfast my brother wanted to attack the Ivy in the back yard so we did that, filled a Bin and took it and the Broken Laundry Basket we had filled with Ivy the other day to the Branches dumpster at the recycle center and Threw the Broken basket away in the bin for that and home.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

I'm not entirely sure why it resets your food choices when you switch over. The UI for choosing your food is different, but it seems like they could have preserved the ones you already had chosen. On Select, you always had to pick your 18 SS items and 10 frozen ones for each meal separately, so there were 8 total tabs to go through when customizing your order, choosing 2 sets of food for 4 meals. On UY, there's only 4 tabs now (which I imagine is also how it looks for SS only people), and all the frozen and SS is there in one big list.

Hi Miranda
    I suspect it is due to the different UI and not being able to bring the selections over between them.
    If I were NS I would use the same UI for SS only and have the frozen appear but grayed out so as to tempt people to upgrade. Same with the 10 frozen option, Have them gray out after ten are selected.

I have a suspicion that the Pepperoni Melts will be long gone by the time my next order processes. I think I am going to move it to after the 4th of July.

Cheers
    Roger
    Roger,

Which flavors of yogurt were available at Costco? I suppose it might be different for each Costco though. There is one flavor that I like in particular and usually buy the store out whenever they have it. :smiley:

Miranda, my computer knowledge is limited so I appreciate your comments! I don't know what happened, but when my new hard drive was installed, Internet Explorer reverted back to the old IE7 version. I have been trying to get it updated for weeks with repeated failures. Alas, tonight I tried yet again and was successful! I now have IE11. Hopefully, that will be compatible with the sites I frequent! Personal preference is for IE as it is what I used first. Do you think Firefox is better, though?

Roger, it appears that your opinion is that Internet Explorer has issues with security? Can you elaborate?

Thanks to both of you!!!
    willow

Hi Willow
    The three flavors I always see in the 18 pack box are Strawberry, Peach, and BlueBerry. I tend to eat the Yogurt off of the top and then when there is a thin layer left I stir in the fruit off of the bottom for a burst of sweet as the finale.

I do not have any big security problems with IE except that I like NoScript which stops JavaScript from running unless I allow it, Plus I can restrict or allow linked sites too. Thus I have JS enabled for here but not for the advertisements. Not to mention the Spell Check in FireFox.

I think IE is OK as long as You run the latest version and do the Patch Tuesday fixes. There were a bunch of them this week that appeared with Win7 & Win8.1 for me. Also important is to keep Flash Player and Acrobat Reader up to date. I run Web of trust in both browsers. It shows user ratings for sites and in Google searches too. This site is showing as Green right now.
    luvisdmkbjl4.jpg

When I was doing work on the company E-Store site I had to use IE for that as an example.

Cheers
    Roger
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Willow - I know that at Sam's the flavors in the Light and Fit package are Strawberry and Blueberry. I would assume that Costco would be either the same or similar flavors -- 'traditional' yogurt flavors, but I am not certain. I am curios as well and depending on the answer might make a stop at Costco in the near future. In response to your question regarding IE... I don't use IE for ANYTHING other than one work task that I have to. I use Firefox exclusively at home and about 50% of the time at work. I use Chrome for the other stuff at work because two of my work email address are Gmail accounts and I like that it will pop up on the side of the screen when I get an email. I've just found that IE is really slow and just doesn't seem to work as well.

I called about my frozen stuff this morning (I couldn't get through last night and my phone was about to die and I didn't want to continue to be on hold until it died haha). At first the lady said that she didn't see anything frozen and started asking me about how I added it. I gave her the order number for my order and she said "It will be there today." Nothing about why there was no email or anything but maybe sampler packs don't get emails. So, we'll see if it comes today or not. haha

Also, I have a new trick with the protein shakes and or fruit smoothies. I mean it's not new but I have finally gotten around to trying it. If you use a blender or a Nutribullet or some other variation of that item to make your protein shake or fruit smoothie, you can throw a handful or two of spinach in. You really can't even taste it! I was a little leery when people said that but so far I have tried it in a blueberry fruit smoothie from NS and the NS chocolate shake and I have to tell you .... While it looks kinda gross you really can't taste it. Tomorrow I will try it with the peanut butter protein powder and see if that works too. I can only imagine what gross color that one will turn in to.... haha

Hi Amanda
    I use the Vanilla Shake to blend in anything I want the flavor from. A example would be when My Bananas get really ripe I blend them in and make a Banana Flavored Protein shake.

Good to hear that they gave You details. I rarely get a email for frozen orders, Only if it is shipped first and then I do not get a email for the Shelf Stable foods. They need to get their act together :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • willow_river
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello All,

We were up early and went for walk in the morning coolness. Sweatshirt? No sweatshirt? Hmmm Now, I can wear one and tie it around my waist when it's time for it to come off. (Couldn't manage that very well before losing weight!!!) After walking, I did a little gardening until I had to leave to start my work day. It's nice to get the exercise in early in the day!

Roger, thanks for the additional browser information!

What?! No, Caramel Macchiato on sale at Costco? Guess, that would be asking for too much. :)

willow
  • spamanda53
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Willow - I am not much into the Caramel Macchiato flavor but if it was the Toasted Vanilla Coconut, Strawberry Cheesecake and the Banana Cream I would be ALL about it. haha. Congrats regarding the sweatshirt!

Roger - I feel you on the hot and sticky. Ick.