May 2013 Starters

Options

Replies

• spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! It is a WONDERFUL and historic Friday indeed!

We got some insane rain yesterday - but it didn't cause any issues or anything. But still -- I'm over it. You can have the rain Willow! haha. And we even have more predicted for the weekend. It's sunny right now so I guess that's something. haha.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    irandamay wrote: »
    I am in NH not NJ :) But sometimes people water stuff here... most of the time we just let the rain do the work, though.

Oops, sorry about that, Miranda! I knew you are in NH. . . must have been a brain fart! LOL Did you get deluged with rain this week? I saw on the news that there was quite a rain/hail storm somewhere along the upper Eastern coastline a day or two ago. The national news showed destructive flooding, but was not specific about which states were involved.

We are very warm here now and wishing for some rain. The grass isn't growing much in the heat, but, so far, we have been able to keep it green by watering regularly. I will be leaving tomorrow for a weekend convention in California and have been instructing my partner in what needs to be done to keep everything alive while I'm away. That is typically my department, but I'm sure she can handle it. :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

willow

Hi Miranda
    My lawn is staying green, I am not sure why as next doors lawn is turning brown. Maybe a different grass?

I tend to not water the lawn. I know it will recover from going brown.

Cheers
    Roger
    Yeah we did have a lot of rain earlier in the week... I think it was from the remnants of the hurricane down south.

Hi Again
    We had a lot of rain and storm damage south of us in NJ, Lots of power outages too. Then they had major problems from storm damage north of us over in Connecticut this week too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone! It is a WONDERFUL and historic Friday indeed!

We got some insane rain yesterday - but it didn't cause any issues or anything. But still -- I'm over it. You can have the rain Willow! haha. And we even have more predicted for the weekend. It's sunny right now so I guess that's something. haha.

Hi Amanda
    I am ambivalent regarding rain. On One hand it means I do not have to water the garden or hanging plants :)
    However it also means the grass grows and the lawn will need mowing more often :(

Cheers
    Roger
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Thankfully we live in a townhouse so we have a landscaping company to mow the lawn for us. :smiley:
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!! Sorry about my absence! I was in Alaska and since I got back on Wednesday I have been battling to catch up at work!
    Willow, I have the same problem with eating at night. Also mostly NS food, but too much of it! And then there was Alaska, where I did not stay on plan AT.ALL. So I got on the scale and I did gain! Now back to OP and losing it again I guess.
    I had a lovely time in Alaska and really enjoyed the half marathon! Also loved the flight around Mt McKinley (Denali) and saw 5 climbers summit! It was awesome!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Thankfully we live in a townhouse so we have a landscaping company to mow the lawn for us. :smiley:

Hi Miranda
    Maintenance fee I'm guessing? We used a Yard Service for a couple of years, then this year my Brother & I both felt more able to do it again with the weight loss we both had.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hello friends!! Sorry about my absence! I was in Alaska and since I got back on Wednesday I have been battling to catch up at work!
    Willow, I have the same problem with eating at night. Also mostly NS food, but too much of it! And then there was Alaska, where I did not stay on plan AT.ALL. So I got on the scale and I did gain! Now back to OP and losing it again I guess.
    I had a lovely time in Alaska and really enjoyed the half marathon! Also loved the flight around Mt McKinley (Denali) and saw 5 climbers summit! It was awesome!

Hi Carin
    it must have been so beautiful there. vacations, I am torn regarding them. Part of the vacation experience is trying different regional foods. :)

Have A Good Evening
    Roger
  • irandamay
    Options
    Yeah, we have to pay a monthly condo fee for landscaping, trash removal, snow removal, that kind of stuff. It works out well for us though because we don't have any interest in doing it. :)

I never stay OP on vacation. I try not to go TOO crazy, but I do enjoy myself and eat off plan. :)

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I hope everybody is ready to enjoy the Weekend.

I had my Banana then I went out walking today, slightly different route once I picked up my Morning Coffee at the Quick Chek, Total 2.8 miles today. It was fairly cool and comfortable. Then I came home had the rest of my breakfast, Banana Bread Oatmeal (plug here :) Review in the Food Reviews section) and the Strawberry Protein Shake.

When I finished that I decided that rather than have my brother move his car I would walk to the Post Office and back, I clocked another 1.18 miles doing that. I am now officially walked out. No walking tomorrow, It is supposed to be rainy in the morning.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    Yeah, we have to pay a monthly condo fee for landscaping, trash removal, snow removal, that kind of stuff. It works out well for us though because we don't have any interest in doing it. :)

I never stay OP on vacation. I try not to go TOO crazy, but I do enjoy myself and eat off plan. :)

Hi
    I do not blame you, as long as You can recover from it :)
    We pay a hidden fee for trash removal and snow plowing, they call it Property Taxes :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • irandamay
    Options
    We still have to pay property taxes too. :( But in our city, trash is not paid for out of property taxes. People have to buy special garbage bags and bulk item tags, or the trash people will not pick the stuff up. That way they spread the cost of the trash pickup among everyone that uses it, not just property owners. So we are kind of double paying for snow removal, but we do use all the other roads outside our condo development still, so I guess it's not like we're paying for something we're not getting any benefit from.
  • willow_river
    willow_river Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey All..
    I've been in San Francisco for a convention the past few days. Coincidentally, it is SF Pride this weekend. What a wonderfully amazing time to be visiting the city! There are celebratory festivities everywhere! I hope to catch some of the parade tomorrow.

Not doing so well with staying on plan.
  • SAfricaChick
    Options
    I am jealous Willow! I love SF and it is indeed a wonderful time to be there!! You must have so much fun!! I suggest you just enjoy it and think about staying OP when you are back! I have never been able to stay OP in SF! That sourdough bread is the death of me! And the wine.....
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I woke up, looked out the window and the streets were drying off so I decided walk. I did take a small folding umbrella and the Frogg Toggs jacket, just in case. I ended up putting the jacket on and off twice. Maybe ten or fifteen minutes total, Not to bad. I did get my 2.75 mile walk in however despite the drizzle and then the light rain, most of the walk was OK.
    I came home, Ate my frozen NS Cinnamon Bun, Cleaned up, Then relaxed for a few minutes before going to CostCo. I was about out of Frozen Vegetables so I bought two 5 pound bags, Gala Apples, Clementines, Real Vanilla Extract for my Brother to use in his Oatmeal and a 18 pack box of Light & Fit Yogurt @10.99. Today was the last day of that $3 off instant coupon sale, Yea :)

Have Great Sunday
    Roger
    We still have to pay property taxes too. :( But in our city, trash is not paid for out of property taxes. People have to buy special garbage bags and bulk item tags, or the trash people will not pick the stuff up. That way they spread the cost of the trash pickup among everyone that uses it, not just property owners. So we are kind of double paying for snow removal, but we do use all the other roads outside our condo development still, so I guess it's not like we're paying for something we're not getting any benefit from.

Hi Miranda
    I would hate having to buy special Garbage bags. I have had to start putting them in a garbage can as something was getting into them and scattering garbage around by the street. Hopefully that means the property taxes are not to bad.
    I guess I would be ambivalent regarding the snow removal fee, True You are using the rest of the roads but they do not have to provide services like that around You home.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hey All..
    I've been in San Francisco for a convention the past few days. Coincidentally, it is SF Pride this weekend. What a wonderfully amazing time to be visiting the city! There are celebratory festivities everywhere! I hope to catch some of the parade tomorrow.

Not doing so well with staying on plan.

Hi Willow
    SF is a nice place to visit but I would not be happy there long term.

Cheers
    Roger
    I am jealous Willow! I love SF and it is indeed a wonderful time to be there!! You must have so much fun!! I suggest you just enjoy it and think about staying OP when you are back! I have never been able to stay OP in SF! That sourdough bread is the death of me! And the wine.....

Hi Carin

I did enjoy my visit to SF, But do not recall the food being all that great :) And SourDough bread is something I take it or leave it, luckily!

Cheers
    Roger
  • irandamay
    Options
    Unfortunately, no, property taxes in NH are quite high. :) We do not have income or sales tax, so that is how we fund lots of stuff, like schools. I think our city's rate right now is $26-27 per $1000 of assessed value (assessed at 100%).
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm back from walking, I did a re-run of Yesterdays walk, Minus the Drizzly rain. It was a nice cool comfortable 62 degrees when I headed out. I had my Banana before the walk, stopped for a Ex-Large Black Coffee and made my NS Pancake Mix w/Wild Strawberry flavoring and a couple packets of Sweetener added when I returned. I have had my Protein Shake and used it to wash down my Vitamins. I opened three windows for the fresh air too.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    Unfortunately, no, property taxes in NH are quite high. :) We do not have income or sales tax, so that is how we fund lots of stuff, like schools. I think our city's rate right now is $26-27 per $1000 of assessed value (assessed at 100%).

Hi Miranda
    Ours is $8 per Hundred so I do not think Yours are as high as You think:) We also Pay Income Tax and a 7% sales tax.

The Grass is always Greener...........
    Roger
  • willow_river
    Options
    Greetings!

I'm back from SF now and happy to report that I had a wonderful time. I enjoyed some of that yummy sourdough bread while there! Definitely not on plan, but so good!

It is super hot here. I came back to 102 after being in SF where temperatures were in the 60s. What a shock to my system!

It is time to buckle down and get the rest of this weight off! I have a few weeks before I need to travel again and hope to make good use of this time. How is everyone else doing with your weight loss goals? Since I don't see tickers anymore, I don't know how others are doing. Sometimes, I think I might be the only one whose weight loss has stalled. :'( Any words of advice to a fellow May Starter?

willow

• irandamay
    Options
    I have only lost like 10 lbs in the past year. You are not alone. :)
  • SAfricaChick
    Options
    Mmmm not only have I stalled - I am actually gaining at the moment!! Need to stop the trend, but the fact that I am leaving for Canada on Friday for a week does not bode well for me.

I think I am actually experiencing the impact of the lost tickers. I always felt a bit of accountability in putting it "out there" that is now lost because only I know!

Welcome back Willow!! Glad you had so much fun in SF!! Good luck with the weather!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I can't believe is almost the 4th of July already. I hope everybody has a plan in place to handle the days foods by now. :)

I got out walking today, the actual walk was a re-run of Yesterdays. The Weather is co-operating too.
    It was 68 degrees on the front porch when I left. It was showing 69 degrees when I got back home. Even the Sun was being filtered through light clouds so I was not walking into the early morning sun.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

P.S. Fourth of July food thoughts
    Lean Hamburger on the Grill, Look at the Low calorie Breads to use for the sandwich. 97% fat free all beef Hot Dogs, Hebrew National are the ones I am familiar with. Two Dogs = 90 calories (45 Calories each) Add a extra of ketchup, Chopped Onions, Relish, Mustard slathered on a 45 calorie slice of WW Whole Wheat bread. Yummy!
    I ran across a couple of recipes that might work too, I have to get to the other computer where they are stored and post them in the Recipes section here.

Off of the top of my head, Small red potatoes, Low or No fat Mayo, plenty of chopped Celery and Onions and be careful with the portion size and Voila, Potato Salad.

Grill a small Corn on the Cob and You have a SC too.

Lean Boneless thin cut pork chops on the grill instead of High fat Spare Ribs. Sugar Free BBQ Sauce, Yum!

Greetings!

I'm back from SF now and happy to report that I had a wonderful time. I enjoyed some of that yummy sourdough bread while there! Definitely not on plan, but so good!

It is super hot here. I came back to 102 after being in SF where temperatures were in the 60s. What a shock to my system!

It is time to buckle down and get the rest of this weight off! I have a few weeks before I need to travel again and hope to make good use of this time. How is everyone else doing with your weight loss goals? Since I don't see tickers anymore, I don't know how others are doing. Sometimes, I think I might be the only one whose weight loss has stalled. :'( Any words of advice to a fellow May Starter?

willow

Hi Willow
    What a change in temperatures, I know You had to feel that.

Why not create a Ticker here and manually append it as a signature.
    It is only one line saved in a small text file. Then I can open that text file press the Ctrl Key + A for select All, Ctrl Key + C for Copy, and in the message Ctrl + V to paste it. it takes much longer to describe than to do. and the ticker from here will update as You put Your current weight in under Check-In.

Good Luck
    Roger, Still missing the people from the old NS Forums :(
    I have only lost like 10 lbs in the past year. You are not alone. :)

Hi Miranda
    Some people are just slow losers, The trick is to keep losing no matter how slow.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Mmmm not only have I stalled - I am actually gaining at the moment!! Need to stop the trend, but the fact that I am leaving for Canada on Friday for a week does not bode well for me.

I think I am actually experiencing the impact of the lost tickers. I always felt a bit of accountability in putting it "out there" that is now lost because only I know!

Welcome back Willow!! Glad you had so much fun in SF!! Good luck with the weather!

Hi Carin
    Do as I mentioned above and put Your ticker back into use.

Good Luck in Canada
    Roger
  • willow_river
    Options
    It sounds like several of us are struggling with our weight loss. . . either stalled or moving in the wrong direction. They say misery loves company, but I was hoping others were continuing to lose and could provide encouragement of some sort. Two years is a long time. . . hmmmm.

Are you still losing, Roger? Amanda?

Carin- Happy to hear that you had a good time in Alaska. And, another race under your belt!! Woo Hoo!!!! Is the Canada trip the motorcycle journey with your husband? I hope you have a wonderful time! Be safe!

willow
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/02/2015 100%

Hi All
    Is everybody ready for the Holiday weekend?
    I had plans to walk today until my Knee got extremely painful during the night, Maybe tomorrow morning.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg
    It sounds like several of us are struggling with our weight loss. . . either stalled or moving in the wrong direction. They say misery loves company, but I was hoping others were continuing to lose and could provide encouragement of some sort. Two years is a long time. . . hmmmm.

Are you still losing, Roger? Amanda?

Carin- Happy to hear that you had a good time in Alaska. And, another race under your belt!! Woo Hoo!!!! Is the Canada trip the motorcycle journey with your husband? I hope you have a wonderful time! Be safe!

willow

Hi Willow
    Yes, I am still losing, not every day of course but every week. I blame the walking for that happening to me :)

I do tend to stay 100% and mostly the not 100% days are due to my missing on the water. Rarely do I use Extras or stray. I did stray for Memorial Day and it took many days to get back to where I had been that morning. I also strayed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Upcoming Holiday
    Roger
  • SAfricaChick
    Options
    Hi guys! Yes Willow, this is the motorcycle trip with hubby in Canada! Looking forward to it. The Jasper / Banff / Lake Louise areas are so amazingly beautiful!

Roger, good on you for staying on plan and thinking ahead to avoid the 4th of July crazies! I am out of the country for the 4th, so no issues there, but there wont be a space on the bike for a week's NS food, so we'll be flexing and just try to do as well as we can! I tend to go off plan when I am holiday. And yes, it takes a while to get back on track every time I do!