100% Challenge The Freedom to Choose Healthy Living June 22 Until August 2

Options

Replies

• suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello guys , the past days were crazyyyy...sigh but nevertheless I stayed on track even with a huge temptation last night...so my daughter decided she wanted to bake a cake....sigh...and it smelled yuuuummmmmyyyyy in the house....when the cake was cooled down and fully decorated the kids decided they wanted a piece...so my daugher in her sweet personality offers me a piece ....I declined and went into the bedroom before I break down that I wanted that piece sooo badly...it was way too late for me to eat in the first place and chocolate cake so not the right choice either. I stayed strong but god ...........sigh ok got that off my chest....anybody have an advice or suggestion how to handle this at a later point? I know one piece is not the world but it adds up...does it get any easier to withstand sigh..?

07/27 - 100 %
    07/28 - 100 %
    07/29 - 100 %

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Hello guys , the past days were crazyyyy...sigh but nevertheless I stayed on track even with a huge temptation last night...so my daughter decided she wanted to bake a cake....sigh...and it smelled yuuuummmmmyyyyy in the house....when the cake was cooled down and fully decorated the kids decided they wanted a piece...so my daugher in her sweet personality offers me a piece ....I declined and went into the bedroom before I break down that I wanted that piece sooo badly...it was way too late for me to eat in the first place and chocolate cake so not the right choice either. I stayed strong but god ...........sigh ok got that off my chest....anybody have an advice or suggestion how to handle this at a later point? I know one piece is not the world but it adds up...does it get any easier to withstand sigh..?

07/27 - 100 %
    07/28 - 100 %
    07/29 - 100 %

Drink water, take a walk, and chew gum. At least, it seems to work for me, Sue. You did good resisting. Easier? Yes and no. Again, at least for me.

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    rlshelor wrote: »
    Red all days

Hey guys. I've been trying to get in here for a couple of weeks. I really need it. I got a new BBB several weeks ago and thought that would help to get me back on track. But it hasn't, but at least this week hasn't been as far off as the past couple of months. I've let this get too far out of control. It's practically starting over.

Still can't walk much without pain. My PT sessions have ended so I just have to keep working on strengthening my foot and leg. I have to keep at it.

7861959102_b87b79dd67_m.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F
    Goal: June 24, 2012

event.png

exercise.png

YdnhiLPmf0IP

Hi Roger.

I was wondering how the PT and recovery was coming along. Sorry you are still in pain. Will take a good while, I'm sure, before you think that things are vastly improved.

You are home now ... with all of your friends and the support.

• nwsocal
    nwsocal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good to see you, Roger!

100% 24JULY
    100% 25JULY
    NOT 26JULY
    NOT 27JULY
    NOT 28JULY
    100% 29JULY
    WI: 242.0 (-2.4)
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    100% 07/29/2015
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    100% 7/30

xe6392fxd36x.gifh3s9bbryc25j.gif LOST 11.8

weight.png

88492762.png 8ovjoiygai9m.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    nwsocal wrote: »
    Good to see you, Roger!

100% 24JULY
    100% 25JULY
    NOT 26JULY
    NOT 27JULY
    NOT 28JULY
    100% 29JULY
    WI: 242.0 (-2.4)

Congratulations on losing 2.4 pounds, nwsocal!!
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    7/30 100%
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    07/30/2015 100%

Hi All
    I got out and walked my usual 2 3/4 miles. I was out the door early before Sunrise and beat the worst of the heat and Yahoo, The Humidity is down too.

The Censored Deer are still eating things, the latest is they ate most of the leaves off of the pepper plants, Left the Peppers that were growing, why? They also nibbled off the top of a tomato plant and ate some of the leaves off of a Rose Bush. It seems they can work around the thorns :(

Have a Great Friday
    RogerToo
    rlshelor wrote: »
    Red all days

Hey guys. I've been trying to get in here for a couple of weeks. I really need it. I got a new BBB several weeks ago and thought that would help to get me back on track. But it hasn't, but at least this week hasn't been as far off as the past couple of months. I've let this get too far out of control. It's practically starting over.

Still can't walk much without pain. My PT sessions have ended so I just have to keep working on strengthening my foot and leg. I have to keep at it.

7861959102_b87b79dd67_m.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

YdnhiLPmf0IP

Hi Roger
    Welcome back. Good Luck getting back on plan and with the healing. A good Challenge can help :)
    It is nice to see the Humor too.

Cheers
    RogerToo
    suegen1 wrote: »

07/27 - 100 %
    07/28 - 100 %
    07/29 - 100 %

Hi Sue
    Congratulations, Why not keep some of the NS Dessert Cakes in Your cupboard? The Chocolate and the Golden Pound Cake and the Carrot Cake are a decent size and taste. Add a Limited Extra of Low Fat Whipped Cream as a Ersatz Frosting (alternative) and Voila You have a Yummy Dessert to go with the home baked cake.

That's All I got, Sorry.
    RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Here is a Link to the Next Challenge selection message thread, Any last minute feedback? So far it seems that Losing on a Jet Plane is leading.

Thank You
    RogerToo
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Not as hot here today, Roger. Was able to do a lot of walking w/o feeling like I was gonna pass out. :)

I replied to the new Challenge thread and like the front-running title.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    100% 7/31

xe6392fxd36x.gifh3s9bbryc25j.gif LOST 11.8

weight.png

88492762.png 8ovjoiygai9m.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    100% 07/30/2015
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    100% 7/29 and 7/30. Good to see you Roger!! Hope you feel better soon.

Sue...good going in resisting temptation. I don't know if I would have done as well. And yes, after you say no enough times it gets so its easier for you and people will stop pushing food if you have family that do that. Also if you do have some NS cakes stashed you can use those. I like the golden one and the chocolate one with fruit and whipped topping! Yummy!!

RogerToo...you have censored deer. I have a dog who thought all the raspberries that grow and the tomatoes were for him. I planted one tomato plant this year in a sunny secluded spot right up next to my deck. He doesn't know its there so I am thinking I will get tomatos this year for me.
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    7/31 100%
  • RogerToo
    Options
    07/31/2015 100%

Hi All
    I walked a slightly different route and walked 2.8 miles today. It was much nicer out today than Yesterday, When I started out it was before Sunrise and the Blue Moon was out with a few wispy clouds drifting across it. I came home, Cooled off and went back out around 8AM and mowed the Lawn. 9682 steps so far today according to the FitBit Zip including the mowing. I am now officially tired :)

My Brother commented that it looks like the Censored Deer was back and ate some more overnight. I have seen them in the woody area below the lake and I saw two or three Yesterday along the edge of another park that has a wooded area along a brook. Them dang things are all over anymore. I do not know how they manage to avoid the thorns on the rose bush they have been nibbling on.

Whats a fella to do, You can not string Razor Wire around the property :)

Have a Good Weekend
    RogerToo
    Not as hot here today, Roger. Was able to do a lot of walking w/o feeling like I was gonna pass out. :)

I replied to the new Challenge thread and like the front-running title.

Hi Flo
    For me it is not so much a feeling that I may pass out as a case of terminal sweat when it is hot and humid :)

Congratulations on being able to get out and go today.
    RogerToo
    ginnywed wrote: »
    100% 7/29 and 7/30. Good to see you Roger!! Hope you feel better soon.

Sue...good going in resisting temptation. I don't know if I would have done as well. And yes, after you say no enough times it gets so its easier for you and people will stop pushing food if you have family that do that. Also if you do have some NS cakes stashed you can use those. I like the golden one and the chocolate one with fruit and whipped topping! Yummy!!

RogerToo...you have censored deer. I have a dog who thought all the raspberries that grow and the tomatoes were for him. I planted one tomato plant this year in a sunny secluded spot right up next to my deck. He doesn't know its there so I am thinking I will get tomatos this year for me.

Hi Ginny
    Dogs Like Raspberries? Next Year we will have to put up a fence, more expense and time wasted that should not have to be done. We never had deer in past years.

Maybe a Round Cage around the Tomatoes next year?

Good Luck Getting the tomatoes, we are starting to get some finally despite the deer. The Pepper plants were in full production and I am sure that no leaves will stop that cold.

Good Luck
    RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I have posted the new challenge, please drop by and create a shortcut to it and register Yourself

Link here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10224855/100-challenge-losing-on-a-jet-plane-august-3rd-to-september-13th

Also I have a favor to ask of You. Please read it and let me know if there are any mistakes. I have proof read it however, I could easily have missed something. As it is the first post I can edit it anytime.

Thank You
    RogerToo
  • rlshelor
    rlshelor Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    7/30 & 7/31 - NOT 100%

Still struggling a bit. Today is my birthday and I know I'm a NOT today. Going out to a movie and dinner with friends today. Will probably go out with family tomorrow so we will see.

I will check in on the new thread when I get back tonight. If you need a graphic for that challenge I will get it tonight.

1af0a1d6486999a158312b14dafd5d87.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

YdnhiLPmf0IP

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    Thanks for posting the new Challenge, RogerRoger. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Roger!!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi All
    I have posted the new challenge, please drop by and create a shortcut to it and register Yourself

Link here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10224855/100-challenge-losing-on-a-jet-plane-august-3rd-to-september-13th

Also I have a favor to ask of You. Please read it and let me know if there are any mistakes. I have proof read it however, I could easily have missed something. As it is the first post I can edit it anytime.

Thank You
    RogerToo

Hi, Roger.

I quickly skimmed, but didn't see anything that jumped out at me.

Love the description of the flight. :)