Options
RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
cbxduypp7cgd.jpg

WHAT: This is a 6-week challenge
WHEN: It runs from Monday June 22 to Sunday August 2, 2015
HOW: The RULES are simple:

*Use NS FOODS (or equivalent of your own foods following the NS guidelines.)
*100% water means at least 64 ounces.
*100% food & water every day.***
***100% food means your NS foods for the day and all the add-ins on the NS Plan*** Edit June 24, 2015

*Post daily in this Challenge message thread to report/share your success.
*For each day post your 100% in red bold along with the date so it's easier for us to update the spreadsheet (Example: 100% 9/1 or NOT 100% 9/1).

* Exercise 3Xweek but we won't track exercise; that is up to you.
* Post as when as you can! DAILY IS BEST!
* Have fun, ask questions, answer questions, help where you can, give support...get support! Members respect and honor the achievements and challenges of one another.
* Weigh-In Day is SUNDAY (if you need a different day, just let us know).
* Post your weigh-in, how much you lost or gained or if you maintained (example: W/I: 180.1).
* Set a GOAL of what you want to lose over the next 6 weeks (many of us make a ticker to track our progress).

WHY: It's a new season, a new you and there are and old and new NS friends here to support one another.

This challenge will motivate us all to be the best we can be! For every day you are 100%, you will see the benefits accumulate: a lighter, slimmer, and healthier YOU! Together we will lose this extra weight and be the best we can be!

All Are Welcome - There is No Cut Off Time For Joining

This is one of the *most supportive* groups on the NS Boards, so jump right in, join the fun and let us help you become the slimmer, trimmer, and more active person you know you can be. :D

If you're feeling hopeful today, that makes a lot of sense. After all, it's the first day of a new challenge...and you're looking at a whole new you! There's nothing more invigorating than the prospect of fresh start. It doesn't matter what has been going on in the days or weeks leading up to today; you can determine exactly where you want to go from here...how you want this day, this week, this challenge, this summer to look. It's exciting, isn't it? With the kick off a new challenge and our theme, let's celebrate the freedoms we are forging for ourselves. After all, this program is about gaining as much as losing. Yes, you are losing weight, but you’re also gaining so many other things to improve your life. From simple things like having your shorts fit better, to more major changes like improved health and longevity. There is certainly something everyone can feel good about.

In fact, this may be a good week to start thinking about losing weight as a liberating experience rather than a depriving one. Sure, while now you can’t always indulge in those high-calorie foods, and your meal sizes have gotten smaller (or more accurately, normalized), you can ask yourself, “What it is that I’m really missing?” Will you trade the extra bites of food for the feeling that you’re strong and healthy? Is tuning in to some mindless summer tv this summer really more important than getting some exercise in? Are a few minutes of the flavors of a treat better than the satisfaction of knowing you are making progress towards your goal?

So let's get those mental fireworks set off a little before the holiday, because wherever you are in your journey, its time to celebrate the commitment to a new challenge and all the possibilities that lay in front of you!
Good Luck
RogerToo

Replies

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Here are three size of the Challenge Logo

Large:
    cbxduypp7cgd.jpg

Medium:
    doiweic7lh81.jpg

Small
    76slkmoke3nv.jpg

• CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great Start for us RogerToo and very inspirational! Thanks for keeping us going!

Linda Kay
    Goal 5 #
    W/I on Mondays
    Starting Weight TBD

I have been in a slow loss period and I plan to turn my present weight loss regime upside down for this challenge. I have to get back on that downward spiral and your words of encouragement are a great kick in the posterior. :D
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Roger. You did a great job on this.

Flo
    Goal: 6 pounds
    W/I on Sundays
    Starting Weight TBD

xe6392fxd36x.gif

• dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Donna
    Goal: 10 pounds
    W/I on Monday
    Starting weight ?
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    \o/ yay ....here we go once more :). I got my goal done during our past challenge so it's time to step it up a pound lol...

Sue
    Goal: 11 lbs.
    W/I on Sunday
    Starting weight: TBD

76slkmoke3nv.jpg

s.gifu.gife.gif

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    RogerToo
    Goal: 9 lbs.
    W/I on Sunday

Have a Good Weekend, One more day until Fathers Day and the Start of Summer, Two days til the next challenge starts :)
    RogerToo
    Great Start for us RogerToo and very inspirational! Thanks for keeping us going!

Linda Kay
    Goal 5 #
    W/I on Mondays
    Starting Weight TBD

I have been in a slow loss period and I plan to turn my present weight loss regime upside down for this challenge. I have to get back on that downward spiral and your words of encouragement are a great kick in the posterior. :D
    Thanks, Roger. You did a great job on this.

Flo
    W/I on Sundays
    Starting Weight TBD

xe6392fxd36x.gif

Hi Linda Kay & Flo
    I did not do much with it TBH. I mainly copied from the current challenge and the 2012 challenge and did some editing. I may go back and work on it some more as I can edit the first post whenever instead of only 1 hour as with all the other posts.

Cheers
    RogerToo
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Name: Cindy
    Goal: 8 pounds
    Weigh-in day: Sunday

2HyQ.gif
    76slkmoke3nv.jpg
  • Brandynas
    Brandynas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! I'm in Roger! Thank you for getting this going.

I just finished my first month of NS. Had some ups, had some downs, but I'm down 11lbs. total and many more to go.

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

Name: Brandon (Brandy)
    Goal: 8 pounds
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday

How do I make a ticker to track my progress?
  • Nightingale2200
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello, Brandy, I am Flo.

You can try going to MFP to create a ticker, but that has had a glitch (bug) for the past few weeks. MFP is aware of it and I don't know if it is fixed yet. Look at top of page and click APPS, then when that loads, click TICKERS. You should be able to create a ticker. I cannot reproduce how to do it since I already have one. Try it and see.

You can also go to tickerfactory: http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php . I created an exercise ticker there a few weeks back.

Go to that link, look down a little and find Weight Loss/Fitness, then click on Weight Loss.

The page will load to select your ticker ruler and after you do that, click next. Then, you will have to select a ticker slider ... then click next.

Next, you will have to put in a password/pin number. It will ask you for this information when you return to update your ticker. You can then select to track weight, weight change, waist, BMI. Fill in the info for weight start, current, and date you weigh. Click next.

Then, copy the bbCode and paste here. Here is one I created just to show you how it looks (with my goal for this Challenge):

weight.png

When you need to update the ticker, just click on the ticker in your post and it automatically takes you to the ticker to make the edit(s). You will need to have your PIN, then just add/edit as needed. (You can save the bb code in a Document if you want, but once you make the edits, the ticker automatically updates)

I hope this helps and good luck with this Challenge. :)

xe6392fxd36x.gif

88492762.png yvpo8w8c7k41.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif

• suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody :),

Starting weight 198.0 lbs.
    Goal 11 lbs.
    Weigh in Day Sunday

I added a pound to loose from the last challenge so we'll see how that goes :). Challenging myself as well lol.

Welcome Brandy :) Good luck to you and everybody else :).

s.gifu.gife.gif

76slkmoke3nv.jpg

• CanyonDweller
    Options
    W/I 174

Linda Kay
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in for this challenge as long as you all don't mind that I'm working away from actual NS foods. I'll be working my doctor's plan and trying to be 100%, but no longer purchasing NS foods. If noone is opposed, I'll post my starting weight and goal tomorrow morning. I can also volunteer to put a spreadsheet together to track our results; I'm sure Sonya wouldn't mind a break.

Enjoy the afternoon!

Mary
    :)

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg
  • Nightingale2200
    edited June 2015
    Options
    We don't mind at all, Mary. Several are not using NS foods, but working a plan. Not a problem at all.

I'll repeat my goal today since today was my weigh-in.

Starting Weight (6/21): 172.8

Weigh-in on Sundays

xe6392fxd36x.gif

weight.png

88492762.png yvpo8w8c7k41.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif

• mariska9664
    Options
    Have the new spreadsheet ready and was going to post the link, but Google is not cooperating!!! The website keeps timing out and then becomes unavailable. Will have to try and log-in later and hopefully, my updates are there with no loss of work...

Mary
    :)

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

weight.png
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Thanks for the work, Mary. :)
  • mariska9664
    Options
    Okay, see if this link works and you're able to view the spreadsheet...

100% Challenge Freedom to Choose Healthy Living Spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z1A-bfsmez5yV4chMnkOXZXV1Rs0D8mA5FVhTheGJ_Y/edit?usp=sharing
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    THANK YOU, Mary. I see it and have it saved.
  • CanyonDweller
    Options
    Linda Kay
    W/I 174
    Goal 5 pounds
    W/I Day Monday

I'm not sure if this challenge was intended for folks who are not on Nutrisystem. RogerToo, what is your opinion, as you started this group? I know there are a million other weight loss forums on MFP to join that are not NS and being an NS group is what made this group unique. The first rule of the group is to be on NS food. I also acknowledge that there are varying degrees on how much NS food is used depending on where you are in the program.

I'm just throwing this out there for others to comment on. What is your opinion? Do you want this to be for folks on NS or open to all those on MFP? My personal opinion is that being on the NS program makes the group unique and I think that should be a qualifier to be in the group. As always, I will go with what the majority of the group wishes.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    This is one of the qualifiers that Roger has above:
    *Use NS FOODS (or equivalent of your own foods following the NS guidelines.)

Unless I'm misinterpreting, that means as long as one works a plan with the NS guidelines one doesn't have to be eating the NS foods.

Or, am I wrong?
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Donna
    Goal: 10 pounds
    W/I on Monday
    Starting weight 207.8