100% Challenge The Freedom to Choose Healthy Living June 22 Until August 2

Options

Replies

• suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This is one of the qualifiers that Roger has above:
    *Use NS FOODS (or equivalent of your own foods following the NS guidelines.)

Unless I'm misinterpreting, that means as long as one works a plan with the NS guidelines one doesn't have to be eating the NS foods.

Or, am I wrong?

I did interpreted it that way as well Flo....as long as one is eating after the guidelines of NS (which does not have to be the NS foods) that should be fine but I think Roger can answer that better .....I hope I was right lol.

And we are kicking it off with.........

06/22 = 100 %

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    WI 166.4
    Goal 158.4

2HyQ.gif
    76slkmoke3nv.jpg
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good luck to EVERYONE!

100 % 6/22

xe6392fxd36x.gifh3s9bbryc25j.gif LOST 11.8

weight.png

88492762.png yvpo8w8c7k41.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Starting weight 237.0
    Goal 9 lbs

6/22 - 100%

Mary
    :)

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

weight.png

• CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    100 % 6/22/2015

• CanyonDweller
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have only been a member of NS since 10/2014, but I believe you have to buy NS products to be a NS member and the option of "(or the equivalent of your own food following NS guidelines) refers to PF/SC. Eating out is another example, but that is the exception and not the rule. The program is the food.

The NS Forums on their old site was not open to non-member posting, so the issue of non-members joining was not a problem. Here on MFP there are no such restrictions, so one would question if the guidelines need to be reviewed by this group. If we make this an NS members only group to keep it's unique distinction, how would we monitor that? More to the point, who would monitor it or even want to? I thought the whole point of being part of a group was to have a shared interest. What we shared in the past as a group was the NS program. There are a million weight loss programs out there. Why would a person single out our group to join, if they are not on the NS program? It is not logical to me. I await the decision of the group and our leader on the direction of the group.

Linda Kay
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    6/23 100%

xe6392fxd36x.gifh3s9bbryc25j.gif LOST 11.8

weight.png

88492762.png yvpo8w8c7k41.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    06/22/2015 100%

Hi All
    Happy Tuesday
    It is hot and Humid today, No Walk for me except that We did walk to the end of the block to look at the road work being done and then back up the next street. Total walk 4 blocks. Sweating up a storm too.

Cheers
    RogerToo
    This is one of the qualifiers that Roger has above:

Unless I'm misinterpreting, that means as long as one works a plan with the NS guidelines one doesn't have to be eating the NS foods.

Or, am I wrong?

Hi Flo
    See my answer at the end of the post.
    Thank You
    RogerToo
    suegen1 wrote: »
    I did interpreted it that way as well Flo....as long as one is eating after the guidelines of NS (which does not have to be the NS foods) that should be fine but I think Roger can answer that better .....I hope I was right lol.

And we are kicking it off with.........

06/22 = 100 %

Hi Sue
    See my answer at the end of the post.
    Thank You
    RogerToo
    I have only been a member of NS since 10/2014, but I believe you have to buy NS products to be a NS member and the option of "(or the equivalent of your own food following NS guidelines) refers to PF/SC. Eating out is another example, but that is the exception and not the rule. The program is the food.

The NS Forums on their old site was not open to non-member posting, so the issue of non-members joining was not a problem. Here on MFP there are no such restrictions, so one would question if the guidelines need to be reviewed by this group. If we make this an NS members only group to keep it's unique distinction, how would we monitor that? More to the point, who would monitor it or even want to? I thought the whole point of being part of a group was to have a shared interest. What we shared in the past as a group was the NS program. There are a million weight loss programs out there. Why would a person single out our group to join, if they are not on the NS program? It is not logical to me. I await the decision of the group and our leader on the direction of the group.

Linda Kay

Hi Linda Kay

I am answering all three quoted messages here to save time or maybe I'm just being lazy!

Where it says "*Use NS FOODS (or equivalent of your own foods following the NS guidelines."

The complete text dealing with this is ambiguous.
    *100% water means at least 64 ounces.
    *100% food & water every day.***
    ***100% food means your NS foods for the day and all the add-ins on the NS Plan***

and from the 2012 challenge it says similar

* 100% food & water every day
    100% food means your NS foods and add-ins on the NS plan
    (or equivalent with your own foods, following NS guidelines)

So the first line says NS foods or Your foods and the fourth line says 100% food means Your NS foods for the day.

So IMO that ambiguity says Let Mariska in. Why not She is contributing with a spreadsheet and we try to be friendly. I say leave her grandfathered in as my opinion especially given that she has used NS foods in the past.

So to summarize
    1. Remove line 1 or line 4 since they seem to be contradictory? I can edit the first Post to do that.
    2. Leave everybody in that is in?
    3. Accept anybody, suggest gently that they join Nutrisystem if they can?
    4. I think anybody could join the old forums and post whether or not they were NS customers. If not how did Spammers get into the forums to post with 1 post?
    5. As Linda Kay said or implied? I doubt that there is a way to verify people use NS foods and also that I do not expect a large influx of non NS users TBH.
    6, I sort of thought that the Challenge was the thing, Do we want to turn anyone away that desires what we want?

I await feedback
    Thank You
    RogerToo

P.S. I hope I'm clear ( Coherent)?? I am a bit under the weather today.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Thank you, Roger. Since you quoted me, I'll reply (and you are very clear).
    So to summarize
    1. Remove line 1 or line 4 since they seem to be contradictory? I can edit the first Post to do that.
    4. I think anybody could join the old forums and post whether or not they were NS customers. If not how did Spammers get into the forums to post with 1 post?
    5. As Linda Kay said or implied? I doubt that there is a way to verify people use NS foods and also that I do not expect a large influx of non NS users TBH.
    6, I sort of thought that the Challenge was the thing, Do we want to turn anyone away that desires what we want?

Agree to remove contradiction - remove line #4.

Leave everyone in who has joined.

I also had a question about those who want to join the Challenge and no longer purchase NS foods but are still working the plan with their own food. Those who delay their orders for extended times therefore are not using NS foods or reach maintenance and no longer subscribe to a purchased plan, etc.

I do understand how some might feel if the Challenge accepts non-NS individuals (those who have never purchased a NS plan) and yes, they should be highly encouraged to join NS.

I certainly will abide by guidelines, but like you said, I also think the Challenge should encourage everyone and not turn away anyone who desires what we want/have.

• dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    IMO, I agree that anyone working their program to achieve the same goal we are trying to achieve should be welcome. We encourage each other and yes, we hope everyone enjoys the success of NS, but those that have used NS to reach their goal and still maintain their goal might be using the challenge to stay that way.

Roger, we here in FL are also dealing with the record heat and humidity, very difficult to do outside activity. I know what you are feeling in that regard.

All that said:

6/22 and 6/23 both 100%
  • Chalmation
    Options
    6/22 100%

2HyQ.gif
    oyb27mr
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    6/23 - 100%

Thanks, Roger, and all those in support of me being able to participate in the challenge. I really appreciate it! I've been participating with this challenge on and off for years now and although never the one losing week after week, it has definitely helped me from gaining it all back. I'm in a better place because of these challenges and for that, I am very grateful.

Linda Kay, I understand where you're coming from regarding the NS foods. The way the rules read is why I asked the question. But for me in my journey, NS was not working and I needed to make a change. My doctor wants me to reduce my carbs (especially sugar), focus on complex carbs, less processed foods, and not worry about fat grams as long it's coming from healthy fats (i.e., olive oil, avocado, salmon, nuts, etc.) What can I say, the change in my plan seems to be working. so it's hard to argue with it. And I'm feeling more satisfied with what I'm eating.

With that said, I have about 3 months of food that I have no intention of throwing out. Guess technically, I'm still on a plan that includes NS foods, at least for awhile. I did cancel my auto-delivery and felt I needed to be honest about how I was going to be working my 100% because of the rules. I suppose I just wasn't ready to give you all up as support and motivation! Isn't that why we really were doing the challenges anyway?

Mary

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

weight.png

• suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I agree to pretty much everything said here.....first of all to leave in who has joined. Mary has been on the NS plan before and technically still has foods available but doctors advice is to change her eating plan. She knows how NS works and how to live by it even with no NS foods which would be considered maybe NS equivalent?

I personally believe that we should allow even maintainers to join. Maintaining is hard at times I believe even harder than the whole weight loss deal so to give them the support and encouragement within a group I think that could be allowed even if they are not on NS foods anymore.

I agree with flow to remove the contradiction - as in line $# 4.

Lastly, I also believe it is about the challenge and yes, we can definitely encourage people to join NS.

Again, it's my personal opinion :). Whatever the group decides is fine by me.

And to continue.........

06/23 100 % woot!
  • CanyonDweller
    Options
    100% 06/23/2015
  • Chalmation
    Options
    6/23 100%

2HyQ.gif
    oyb27mr
  • Chalmation
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Chalmation wrote: »
    6/21 100%

My computer has decided to do a factory reset all by itself! I hope it doesn't lose my stuff!

2HyQ.gif
    BMfc3A

Hi Cindy
    There must be something going on for that to happen. With Windows 8 for example it has both destructive and non destructive to Your Data resets. I interpret that to mean that it can leave Your data files intact with the non destructive reset, but You would need to install whatever programs You installed.

From Here : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
    How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC
    Applies to Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1

If you're having problems with your PC, you can try to refresh, reset, or restore it. Refreshing your PC reinstalls Windows and keeps your personal files and settings. It also keeps the apps that came with your PC and the apps you installed from the Windows Store. Resetting your PC reinstalls Windows but deletes your files, settings, and apps—except for the apps that came with your PC. Restoring your PC is a way to undo recent system changes you've made.

If you want to restart your PC, see Shut down (turn off), sleep, or hibernate your PC. If you're having trouble starting (booting) your PC, see Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode). You can refresh, reset, or restore your PC from the Windows Recovery Environment.

If you want to back up and restore your personal files using File History, see Set up a drive for File History.

So it depends on what is happening.
    Good Luck
    RogerToo
    Don't know what happened, but I was able to recover all my data files. It gave me the option to keep my files, so of course I chose that.

I don't remember what programs I had, but I was able to re-download the only one I paid for, Microsoft Office. All the other ones were free, and I didn't even use a lot of them.

I also had to re-download and install 200 Windows updates! I bought this computer in 2012 with Windows 7, so its been updated a lot since then.

So now, I'm putting all my data on the cloud! Between Amazon Cloud, Microsoft OneDrive, and Google Cloud I have plenty room!

2HyQ.gif
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    06/23/2015 100%

Hi All
    Much nicer weather today. 85 but the humidity is so much better.

I apologize for not getting on and answering messages earlier. My Internet went out last night and was just fixed around 5:45PM. The Cable Guy was here for quite a while. He ran a entirely new drop from the pole to the house, cleaned up the wiring inside, etc.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    IMO, I agree that anyone working their program to achieve the same goal we are trying to achieve should be welcome. We encourage each other and yes, we hope everyone enjoys the success of NS, but those that have used NS to reach their goal and still maintain their goal might be using the challenge to stay that way.

Roger, we here in FL are also dealing with the record heat and humidity, very difficult to do outside activity. I know what you are feeling in that regard.

All that said:

6/22 and 6/23 both 100%

Hi
    Today was much better, I got out and walked this morning and will do so in the morning again as it shows rain Friday in the forecast.

Some of the very helpful people on the old forums were maintaining and not buying NS foods but were very helpful, Michelle for example.

Thanks
    Roger
    6/23 - 100%

Thanks, Roger, and all those in support of me being able to participate in the challenge. I really appreciate it! I've been participating with this challenge on and off for years now and although never the one losing week after week, it has definitely helped me from gaining it all back. I'm in a better place because of these challenges and for that, I am very grateful.

Linda Kay, I understand where you're coming from regarding the NS foods. The way the rules read is why I asked the question. But for me in my journey, NS was not working and I needed to make a change. My doctor wants me to reduce my carbs (especially sugar), focus on complex carbs, less processed foods, and not worry about fat grams as long it's coming from healthy fats (i.e., olive oil, avocado, salmon, nuts, etc.) What can I say, the change in my plan seems to be working. so it's hard to argue with it. And I'm feeling more satisfied with what I'm eating.

With that said, I have about 3 months of food that I have no intention of throwing out. Guess technically, I'm still on a plan that includes NS foods, at least for awhile. I did cancel my auto-delivery and felt I needed to be honest about how I was going to be working my 100% because of the rules. I suppose I just wasn't ready to give you all up as support and motivation! Isn't that why we really were doing the challenges anyway?

Mary

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

weight.png

Hi Mary
    I'll be cleaning up the rules, and TBH I think of them more as guidelines than hard rules anyway. :) Just my opinion.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    I agree to pretty much everything said here.....first of all to leave in who has joined. Mary has been on the NS plan before and technically still has foods available but doctors advice is to change her eating plan. She knows how NS works and how to live by it even with no NS foods which would be considered maybe NS equivalent?

I personally believe that we should allow even maintainers to join. Maintaining is hard at times I believe even harder than the whole weight loss deal so to give them the support and encouragement within a group I think that could be allowed even if they are not on NS foods anymore.

I agree with flow to remove the contradiction - as in line $# 4.

Lastly, I also believe it is about the challenge and yes, we can definitely encourage people to join NS.

Again, it's my personal opinion :). Whatever the group decides is fine by me.

And to continue.........

06/23 100 % woot!

Hi Sue
    Thank You for the feedback.
    Edit done. I did a strikethrough of line 4 and noted the edit date for record keeping.

I have enough to do without being the food source police :)o:)

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Flo
    Thank You for Your feedback too.
    I am not being very verbose today as I was unable to get online and it Dinner time :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Thank you, Roger. Since you quoted me, I'll reply (and you are very clear).
    So to summarize

Agree to remove contradiction - remove line #4.

Leave everyone in who has joined.

I also had a question about those who want to join the Challenge and no longer purchase NS foods but are still working the plan with their own food. Those who delay their orders for extended times therefore are not using NS foods or reach maintenance and no longer subscribe to a purchased plan, etc.

I do understand how some might feel if the Challenge accepts non-NS individuals (those who have never purchased a NS plan) and yes, they should be highly encouraged to join NS.

I certainly will abide by guidelines, but like you said, I also think the Challenge should encourage everyone and not turn away anyone who desires what we want/have.

Hi Flo
    I would hate to chase anyone away, some may not be able to pay for NutriSystem for a period of time or may be on a extended vacation. Cruise comes to mind as one circumstance. I have seen posts on the other forum from people that are stretched to the max and can not afford NutriSystem,even as affordable as it is.

Cheers
    Roger

• dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    The next few days will be very tough. Going on vacation with my son and his family. Yes, I will be walking a lot, but I am really going to struggle with food out for 4 days. I am taking food with me, but the rest of the family will be eating out and I will be with them. I will try to make wise choices, but I do worry about this weeks weight in, what will happen.

Until then: 6/24 100%