100% Challenge The Freedom to Choose Healthy Living June 22 Until August 2

Options

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Thank you, Roger. Since you quoted me, I'll reply (and you are very clear).
    So to summarize
    1. Remove line 1 or line 4 since they seem to be contradictory? I can edit the first Post to do that.
    2. Leave everybody in that is in?
    3. Accept anybody, suggest gently that they join Nutrisystem if they can?
    4. I think anybody could join the old forums and post whether or not they were NS customers. If not how did Spammers get into the forums to post with 1 post?
    5. As Linda Kay said or implied? I doubt that there is a way to verify people use NS foods and also that I do not expect a large influx of non NS users TBH.
    6, I sort of thought that the Challenge was the thing, Do we want to turn anyone away that desires what we want?

Agree to remove contradiction - remove line #4.

Leave everyone in who has joined.

I also had a question about those who want to join the Challenge and no longer purchase NS foods but are still working the plan with their own food. Those who delay their orders for extended times therefore are not using NS foods or reach maintenance and no longer subscribe to a purchased plan, etc.

I do understand how some might feel if the Challenge accepts non-NS individuals (those who have never purchased a NS plan) and yes, they should be highly encouraged to join NS.

I certainly will abide by guidelines, but like you said, I also think the Challenge should encourage everyone and not turn away anyone who desires what we want/have.

Hi Flo
    I would hate to chase anyone away, some may not be able to pay for NutriSystem for a period of time or may be on a extended vacation. Cruise comes to mind as one circumstance. I have seen posts on the other forum from people that are stretched to the max and can not afford NutriSystem,even as affordable as it is.

Cheers
    Roger

That's exactly what I was trying to point out, Roger, but wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Those who used to be on the foods, but delay or not order anymore or on maintenance, etc. (and, my etc. in my mind included anyone who didn't/couldn't purchase the foods). I also wanted to clarify that I don't think we should exclude them at all. The awesome support is what gets me through the day sometimes and I'd hate to think once I am not using all NS foods for what ever reason, that I would not be welcome.

• Nightingale2200
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The next few days will be very tough. Going on vacation with my son and his family. Yes, I will be walking a lot, but I am really going to struggle with food out for 4 days. I am taking food with me, but the rest of the family will be eating out and I will be with them. I will try to make wise choices, but I do worry about this weeks weight in, what will happen.

Until then: 6/24 100%

Hey Donna. I know how you feel, I think. I will be out a lot in July and August traveling. Kinda dread it in a way although looking forward to seeing my children/grands. Still, it's stressful thinking about eating with them ... going out ... I, too, hope I can make wise choices.

I hope you have a fantastic time!!!!!!

• Nightingale2200
    edited June 2015
    Options
    100% 6/24

xe6392fxd36x.gifh3s9bbryc25j.gif LOST 11.8

weight.png

88492762.png yvpo8w8c7k41.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but I couldn't find the entry to this challenge until now.

My WI was last Sunday 210 pounds. My WI day will be Sunday and my goal will be 5 pounds.
    I have Not been 100 % since Sunday.
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

6/24 - Not 100%

Mary
    :)

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

weight.png

• mariska9664
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ginnywed wrote: »
    I am sorry but I couldn't find the entry to this challenge until now.

My WI was last Sunday 210 pounds. My WI day will be Sunday and my goal will be 5 pounds.
    I have Not been 100 % since Sunday.

No worries, Ginny. You are on the spreadsheet!

!00% Challenge - Freedom to Choose Healthy Living Spreadsheet 6/22 thru 8/2
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

06/02/2015 100%

Hi All
    Look at that, it is already Thursday:)

I got out walking Yesterday and Today. I ended up following the same 2.75 mile route. I may walk tomorrow or not they are saying rain coming in tonight into tomorrow, There may be breaks in the weather that I can use or I'll just have an off day.

I watered the garden in the back yard when I got back and put all the hanging flower baskets (4) in the flower bed before I put the sprinkler on it so that area in front and the baskets got watered at the same time.

Have a Great Day
    RogerToo
    The next few days will be very tough. Going on vacation with my son and his family. Yes, I will be walking a lot, but I am really going to struggle with food out for 4 days. I am taking food with me, but the rest of the family will be eating out and I will be with them. I will try to make wise choices, but I do worry about this weeks weight in, what will happen.

Hi dharris1014
    What I would do is for breakfast: Eggs, Dry Rye or Whole Wheat toast and a slice of Canadian bacon or Ham watching the portions, No Potatoes :) My Local Diner puts enough Canadian bacon for several PFs for example.

Lunch: A Hot open Sandwich such as Pork or Turkey with the gravy on the side and be sparing of the gravy and ask for a Whole Wheat or Rye, Green beans or another safe Vegetable, No Potatoes again :) Salad with the Dressing on the Side if need to ask for that to be done. Or Maybe Roast Chicken or Lean Pork Chops.

Dinner: Mostly a rerun of Lunch :)

Also Look on the menu for healthy choices. Most Chains have menus online so You can look at the calories etc ahead of time and decide what to eat too.

Watch Your portion sizes, and get a doggy bag for the excess foods.

Good Luck
    RogerToo
    Thank you, Roger. Since you quoted me, I'll reply (and you are very clear).
    So to summarize
    1. Remove line 1 or line 4 since they seem to be contradictory? I can edit the first Post to do that.
    2. Leave everybody in that is in?
    3. Accept anybody, suggest gently that they join Nutrisystem if they can?
    4. I think anybody could join the old forums and post whether or not they were NS customers. If not how did Spammers get into the forums to post with 1 post?
    5. As Linda Kay said or implied? I doubt that there is a way to verify people use NS foods and also that I do not expect a large influx of non NS users TBH.
    6, I sort of thought that the Challenge was the thing, Do we want to turn anyone away that desires what we want?

Agree to remove contradiction - remove line #4.

Leave everyone in who has joined.

I also had a question about those who want to join the Challenge and no longer purchase NS foods but are still working the plan with their own food. Those who delay their orders for extended times therefore are not using NS foods or reach maintenance and no longer subscribe to a purchased plan, etc.

I do understand how some might feel if the Challenge accepts non-NS individuals (those who have never purchased a NS plan) and yes, they should be highly encouraged to join NS.

I certainly will abide by guidelines, but like you said, I also think the Challenge should encourage everyone and not turn away anyone who desires what we want/have.

Hi Flo
    I would hate to chase anyone away, some may not be able to pay for NutriSystem for a period of time or may be on a extended vacation. Cruise comes to mind as one circumstance. I have seen posts on the other forum from people that are stretched to the max and can not afford NutriSystem,even as affordable as it is.

Cheers
    RogerToo

That's exactly what I was trying to point out, Roger, but wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Those who used to be on the foods, but delay or not order anymore or on maintenance, etc. (and, my etc. in my mind included anyone who didn't/couldn't purchase the foods). I also wanted to clarify that I don't think we should exclude them at all. The awesome support is what gets me through the day sometimes and I'd hate to think once I am not using all NS foods for what ever reason, that I would not be welcome.

Hi Flo
    Agreed :)
    RogerToo

Hey Donna. I know how you feel, I think. I will be out a lot in July and August traveling. Kinda dread it in a way although looking forward to seeing my children/grands. Still, it's stressful thinking about eating with them ... going out ... I, too, hope I can make wise choices.

I hope you have a fantastic time!!!!!!

Hi Flo
    See my reply to dharris1014 on how I would and do handle eating out. Being careful I have successfully eaten out at a Chinese Buffet too.

I eat the Well Drained to remove the sauce, Pork or Chicken Broccoli, The Green beans also drained. When they have it the Hibachi Pork. If I ate Seafood then I might have the fish filet or Crayfish or shrimp for example. They also often have a Lean Beef Roast You can carve a slice(s) off of too.

Just in case You are unfamiliar with them, from WikiPedia
    "Crayfish, also known as crawfish, crawdads, freshwater lobsters, or mudbugs, are freshwater crustaceans resembling small lobsters"

Cheers
    Roger
  • ginnywed
    Options
    100% 6/24 I just got my frozen box and I am having a hard time figuring out how to get it all in my freezer...I am going to have to go through some things and probably get rid of some stuff. Oh well, it was time to do that anyway.
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    100% 06/24/2015
  • ginnywed
    Options
    It took me over an hour to find a place for everything in my bwb and now I have to figure out what I want to eat. Oh, decisions, decisions.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options

06/02/2015 100%

Hi All

I got out walking Yesterday and Today. I ended up following the same 2.75 mile route. I may walk tomorrow or not they are saying rain coming in tonight into tomorrow, There may be breaks in the weather that I can use or I'll just have an off day.

I watered the garden in the back yard when I got back and put all the hanging flower baskets (4) in the flower bed before I put the sprinkler on it so that area in front and the baskets got watered at the same time.

Have a Great Day
    RogerToo

Hi dharris1014
    What I would do is for breakfast: Eggs, Dry Rye or Whole Wheat toast and a slice of Canadian bacon or Ham watching the portions, No Potatoes :) My Local Diner puts enough Canadian bacon for several PFs for example.

Lunch: A Hot open Sandwich such as Pork or Turkey with the gravy on the side and be sparing of the gravy and ask for a Whole Wheat or Rye, Green beans or another safe Vegetable, No Potatoes again :) Salad with the Dressing on the Side if need to ask for that to be done. Or Maybe Roast Chicken or Lean Pork Chops.

Also Look on the menu for healthy choices. Most Chains have menus online so You can look at the calories etc ahead of time and decide what to eat too.

Good Luck
    RogerToo

Hi Flo
    See my reply to dharris1014 on how I would and do handle eating out. Being careful I have successfully eaten out at a Chinese Buffet too.

I eat the Well Drained to remove the sauce, Pork or Chicken Broccoli, The Green beans also drained. When they have it the Hibachi Pork. If I ate Seafood then I might have the fish filet or Crayfish or shrimp for example. They also often have a Lean Beef Roast You can carve a slice(s) off of too.

"Crayfish, also known as crawfish, crawdads, freshwater lobsters, or mudbugs, are freshwater crustaceans resembling small lobsters"

Cheers
    Roger

Thanks, Roger. Great suggestions. I know in my head what I have to do. I just hope I have the strength to do it. First time and all, ya know??

Might rain my way, too. I don't have to get out tomorrow to do anything (except walk) so that's o.k. As long as we don't have storms. :)

Oh, BTW ... in college, I won a crawfish eating contest. :)

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    ginnywed wrote: »
    100% 6/24 I just got my frozen box and I am having a hard time figuring out how to get it all in my freezer...I am going to have to go through some things and probably get rid of some stuff. Oh well, it was time to do that anyway.

I had to do the same thing, Ginny. Been needing it for a while and getting my BWB motivated me really quickly. LOL

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    100% 6/25

weight.png

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    100% 6/25

weight.png

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    6/24 100%
    I luv me some crawfish!

2HyQ.gif
    np7baoq
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Yay, vacation day 1 is done, and I did better than expected. I actually stayed on plan and walked over 6 miles. Whew, walking downtown Disney was exhausting. Stay under calories, drank lots of water, and all that walking.

6/25 100%
  • mariska9664
    Options
    6/25 - Not 100%

Crawfish... Now there's a food I think I've never tried... Not sure why, just haven't... Sounds good though!

Been busy the past couple of days... Saw Hairspray last night at The Muny and the show was fantabulous!!! Weather turned out to be perfect, as well. The theater is outside and at first, thought it was going to be a bit steamy, but turned out to be quite lovely with no rain. And met an old friend for dinner tonight, so that's back to back eating out dinner. Not terrible, but more calories in a meal than I should have & too much sodium...

Back at it tomorrow & can eat at home for the next 3 days...

Mary
    :)

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg

weight.png

• Brandynas
    Brandynas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Totally missed the big weigh in.
    6/22/15 starting weight is 217.6 -goal is to lose 8lbs.
    6/23 - 100%
    6/24 - 100%
    6/25 - NOT 100% it was a beer kinda night :(

Thank you Flo for the ticker help! I'm going to get in there now and see if I can create one and thank you Sue for the warm welcome
  • mariska9664
    Options
    Brandynas wrote: »
    Wow! Totally missed the big weigh in.
    6/22/15 starting weight is 217.6 -goal is to lose 8lbs.
    6/23 - 100%
    6/24 - 100%
    6/25 - NOT 100% it was a beer kinda night :(

Thank you Flo for the ticker help! I'm going to get in there now and see if I can create one and thank you Sue for the warm welcome

Welcome, Brandy! Will get you updated on the spreadsheet...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

06/25/2015 100% and 06/24/2015 100%

Hi All
    Whee it's Friday:)
    One more weekend Until the 4th of July Holiday. Do You have Your Holiday planned out to help stay 100% yet?

I was walking, I did a different 2.75 mile Than I walked Thursday. I may walk tomorrow or not I may just take an off day from walking.

It is supposed to Rain later today so I did not water.

Have a Great Day
    RogerToo

06/24/2015 100%

Hi All

Have a Great Day
    RogerToo

Hi dharris1014

Good Luck
    RogerToo

Hi Flo

Cheers
    RogerToo

Thanks, Roger. Great suggestions. I know in my head what I have to do. I just hope I have the strength to do it. First time and all, ya know??

Might rain my way, too. I don't have to get out tomorrow to do anything (except walk) so that's o.k. As long as we don't have storms. :)

Oh, BTW ... in college, I won a crawfish eating contest. :)

Hi Flo
    Good luck, Just remember a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. In Our case it is the journey to slim :)

Cheers
    RogerToo
    Yay, vacation day 1 is done, and I did better than expected. I actually stayed on plan and walked over 6 miles. Whew, walking downtown Disney was exhausting. Stay under calories, drank lots of water, and all that walking.

6/25 100%

Hi dharris
    Congratulations on Your achievement.
    RogerToo