Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @JreedyJanelle - Congrats on your first 5k! I also tend to get hip pain and stretching has helped a lot, along with being sure I have a proper warm up.

@rebeccatherine - Congratulations - so close!

I downloaded the 10k app this weekend and started with w9d1 yesterday (that's where they have you start if you've graduated from c25k.) It was a 54 minute workout with 4 intervals of run 10 minutes/walk 1 minute. I did the workout outside and had no problem with it! Being outdoors is so enjoyable especially since I've been on the treadmill so much that I enjoyed every minute of the workout.

I run my first 5k on Wednesday and am looking forward to seeing how I do. I don't have high expectations, I really just want to complete it and have fun doing so
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

I run my first 5k on Wednesday and am looking forward to seeing how I do. I don't have high expectations, I really just want to complete it and have fun doing so

great attitude :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!! I did my very first run yesterday!! Week 1 Day 1 complete. :)
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Lasmartchika @joy4strength Yay, welcome :smiley:

I did W2D1 this morning, and it was surprising how much harder it seemed even if I had to run for only 30 seconds more. I almost gave up at one point, but I kept making deals with myself, pushing myself to at least get to that tree... OK, made it, great, get to that bench next, now the next one, and so on, until I'd made it. The next one should be easier, I hope :)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    i totally did that when I started @aleph_0
    I just needed to make it to the corner or that next fire hydrant.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I missed a couple training days last week so I'm trying to catch up this week.

Yesterday I ran W7D2. For some reason I decided to run a hilly neighborhood while pushing a toddler in a stroller. So... it was quite a bit slower than normal.

This morning I ran W6D1 on a trail in jeans in 72° humid weather. I'm not sure what happened but I think I got overheated. I started to feel sick and had to walk part of the last run interval. I had a belt on (since my jeans were loose), and I started getting stomach cramps. That's never happened before. Once I cooled down and got some water I felt better.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Sounds like overheated.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Finished W6-1! Still going rather well :)
    Im starting week 6 today as well !!

Yay! Go for it :)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    W1D2 completed today. It went really well. I'm finding listening to a podcast (currently Wait Wait Don't Tell Me) keeps me so interested the time goes fast and I'm surprised when the time is up for each repeat.

I signed up for a walkers to runners program at the YMCA that starts in September. I'm not sure how it will mesh with the C25K program but I think it could be fun to join up with some other people while working on this.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    W6-2 down!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Did W9D3 this morning. Hey, I graduated! The first half of the run was okay, the second half felt like I was running through water. Not my best, but I finished.

Congrats and good luck to everyone else working on their C25K journey! This thread is my favorite thread on MFP, I love coming here and reading everyone's posts at least once a day.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    W6D2 complete
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 done. Cut 3 minutes off Monday's 2 mile run!!!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    awesome
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W1D2 completed today. It went really well. I'm finding listening to a podcast (currently Wait Wait Don't Tell Me) keeps me so interested the time goes fast and I'm surprised when the time is up for each repeat.

I signed up for a walkers to runners program at the YMCA that starts in September. I'm not sure how it will mesh with the C25K program but I think it could be fun to join up with some other people while working on this.

Hooray for Wait Wait Don't Tell Me! :smile: I love NPR!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done just now!! :) I need to buy one of those arm straps for my phone. I love just listening to Latin Workout Radio on Pandora and go!!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @rebeccatherine - Great job!!

I have my first 5k tonight! I just got an e-mail saying that the max time is an hour so I guess that's my goal - finish within 60 minutes. I'll update tomorrow with how I do!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    @So
    @rebeccatherine - Great job!!

I have my first 5k tonight! I just got an e-mail saying that the max time is an hour so I guess that's my goal - finish within 60 minutes. I'll update tomorrow with how I do!

I'm sure you'll have plenty of left over time
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    W5D3. Oh. My goodness. 20 minute run. Wow. Did it.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It has rained all evening and I was tempted to just stay in but No, i put on my raincoat and off i went W4D2