May 2013 Starters

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking and it was warm and humid today when I walked, 2.75 miles despite that. Picked one whole Cent while walking, Whee :)

I saw a Wild Turkey yesterday, 3 Deer today and one dead skunk in the road, Fortunately the wind was blowing away from me. Skunks are fearless due to their defense IMO and that gets them killed on the road. We have had them in the front yard in the past and I have smelled them wandering down the driveway now and then too.

Nearby towns got pummeled with rain yesterday. Major Flooding, Streets and a major highway closed and damaged. Despite being close all we heard was some thunder and no rain. :)

Not to much planned to happen today.
    Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Yes Roger the weather here is great. It is supposed to still be winter, but I have not had any reason to wear either of the medium weight coats I brought with. And I have been spending time outside, walking to work and the shops etc. DH says it is extremely hot in NM at the moment, so it is going to be a struggle hiding inside, huddled around the AC for most of the day when I get back!

I am told the humidity is killer here in summer though! I have not been to Brisbane before, but I guess it becomes a bit like Texas, with heat and humidity! Amanda can tell us all about that! I should not be too vocal - I am probably going to have to come back in a about a month and by then it will be summer (and I'll be missing my favorite fall in the US!)

Hi Carin
    Enjoy the Nice Weather while You can, Then when You come back We should be into great weather too, You are Lucky that way
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello All
    We had rain overnight, it was finished when I got up and looked out the Living Room window and the street was starting to dry. 77 degrees and high humidity however. Spread out over 6 different locations I picked up $4.15 today, Best Day for money since I started walking :) 2.8 miles done today. $4 of that was two $1 bills in two locations, They were wet and thus stayed where they must have fallen despite the Cars, Buses & Trucks driving by where they were and causing a cooling breeze.

A nice cooling breeze came up during the walk, Sadly not until 4 blocks from the house :(

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I do need to go double check my upcoming order today, tomorrow is the last day to do that unless I make a last minute decision to delay it again. With the Holiday in 2 weeks I am ambivalent regarding doing that. OTOH doing that would let me use up more of the on hand food.

I was walking and what a beautiful day, cool and low humidity and a mild breeze. I walked past 7 deer in three locations, one in a front yard near the brook, and two clusters of three along that brooks parkland. I keep looking for the Owls I hear every day during the walks and have yet to spot one.

Have A Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I Walked past the Supermarket and wore my $10 Backpack so I could do some light shopping, 10 Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, They had Strawberry Cheesecake flavor and Boston Creme Pie and Passion Fruit. 5 Bananas and a couple of Crystal Light and 2 cans of Coconut water @30 calories (Impulse Buy) :) Before I left I pulled the Frozen Water bottle out of the freezer, wrapped it in a Bath Towel and used it to ensure the Yogurt stayed cool. 2.89 miles + whatever distance I did walking around the Grocery Store. It would be nice if they had fruits and dairy adjacent instead of at opposite ends of the store, I know why they do that to encourage Impulse Buys.

A beautiful Morning out, in the 60s with low humidity and still only 69 degrees when I finally got home 2.5 hours later. I weighed the Backpack @ 9.5 pounds and It sure impacted my speed walking. I could not believe I used to carry a lot more than that in excess weight :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    When I went out the Door it was looking clear, by the time I left the post office I was starting to see fog, By the time I got home You could barely see the end of the block. That fog & humidity made for a somewhat uncomfortable walk. During the Walk I saw two Deer run out of a front yard in a house across from one of our Elementary Schools.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out and walked 3 miles and 14 cents, I did not realize it was that far until I ran the route through Mp My Run.
    While walking on a bridge over one of our Brooks I looked at the water and there was something moving through it, As It got nearer it turned out to be a Turtle with a shell the size of a dinner plate :)

Fairly warm and Humid today too
    I delayed my order Sunday, I had been uncertain whether to do that or not until I looked at it an d it was showing the Granola cereal as Low inventory, Rather than take a change I delayed an extra week. At that Point I had a four week supply of Shelf Stable on hand so it should be no problem.

I am working on capturing an old 1982 VHS of a HBO Special that I am sure will not surface anywhere again. Yesterday I captured a VHS of a 1980 HBO Special and am getting ready to turn that into a DVD and Back up the source of Both to a BluRay Disc once today's is captured.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I officially upgraded my plan to include frozen so that's kind of exciting for me. I took out all of the food that they "picked" for me and picked my own. I have some likes (although not really any dislikes) from the frozen sampler that I had but I am still trying pretty much everything once. While there are somethings that I am not willing to try because I don't like the ingredients (mushroom stuffed chicken is one), I find that I am much more open to trying new things than I was when I first started NS. I am not a fan of onions, peppers, or mushrooms but I am learned that in most NS things they don't bother me. I am not sure if that is a side effect of eating healthier and pallets changing or not but still interesting.

I am not sure if it was a single case issue or not, and I know that I am partly to blame but just wanted to put it out there.... My last BBB came a few weeks back but because I had a bunch of food left over and I got the frozen sample pack, I left it packed up and sitting at my office (where I receive the packages at). Well, I finally unpacked it yesterday and there were loads of ants inside of the box. There appeared to be some sort of crumbs in the box, on both layers, that looked kinda like ground up graham crackers or something. None of my packages appeared to be opened of have ants IN them but they were on the outside of the boxes and inside of the BBB. I am assuming that the ants weren't in the box when it was shipped but rather found their way in there while it was sitting at my office. So, just a heads up if you tend to leave your foods in the box while you wait for your supply to dwindle. I am not sure what the crumbs were, but there was quite a bit of it and I do have pictures if NS ever says anything about it and needs customer reports of it.
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a mushroom person, but I really like that chicken breast. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    Still feeling Poorly, A bit better than Yesterday however. I looked in the refrigerator and decided to walk to the Produce Store for Fruits, Bananas, Tangerines, Apples, Also three things for my Brother. Total walk 1 mile + whatever in the Produce store and Dollar Store. It was not bad out until the Sun started coming out from behind the clouds. Just Sitting here listening to music from the war years, Marlene Dietrich, Vera Lynn, Vaughn Monroe etc.

NSV last weekend too, I Bought some new Pocket Tees a size smaller and they fit rdb.gif.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

I officially upgraded my plan to include frozen so that's kind of exciting for me. I took out all of the food that they "picked" for me and picked my own. I have some likes (although not really any dislikes) from the frozen sampler that I had but I am still trying pretty much everything once. While there are somethings that I am not willing to try because I don't like the ingredients (mushroom stuffed chicken is one), I find that I am much more open to trying new things than I was when I first started NS. I am not a fan of onions, peppers, or mushrooms but I am learned that in most NS things they don't bother me. I am not sure if that is a side effect of eating healthier and pallets changing or not but still interesting.

I am not sure if it was a single case issue or not, and I know that I am partly to blame but just wanted to put it out there.... My last BBB came a few weeks back but because I had a bunch of food left over and I got the frozen sample pack, I left it packed up and sitting at my office (where I receive the packages at). Well, I finally unpacked it yesterday and there were loads of ants inside of the box. There appeared to be some sort of crumbs in the box, on both layers, that looked kinda like ground up graham crackers or something. None of my packages appeared to be opened of have ants IN them but they were on the outside of the boxes and inside of the BBB. I am assuming that the ants weren't in the box when it was shipped but rather found their way in there while it was sitting at my office. So, just a heads up if you tend to leave your foods in the box while you wait for your supply to dwindle. I am not sure what the crumbs were, but there was quite a bit of it and I do have pictures if NS ever says anything about it and needs customer reports of it.

Hi Amanda
    I would call NutriSystem regarding the Box due to the Crumbs in it attracting ants.
    Plus do You really want to take that food into the house? I do not think the Ants will take hold without a Queen ant to lay eggs but still.
    For All You Know they could have had a worker snacking in the warehouse that dropped crumbs into the box as he was picking it. If You still have crumbs I might also be inclined to save some for analysis. We pay enough that we should expect and receive fresh and problem free food and service. I would possibly send a complaint in a Email and attach picture of the worst examples of crumbs.

BTW My Pallet has changed due to NutriSystem so that is a possibility :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    irandamay wrote: »
    I'm not really a mushroom person, but I really like that chicken breast. :)

Hi Miranda
    I am not a Peppers type of person but I can handle them in the Meatloaf Dinner Sandwich, I do Pick them out of the Sweet n Sour Chicken Dinner however. Mushrooms are nothing I seek out but They are OK and I do like them in the Mushroom Risotto fro example, My Dinner tonight as it happens.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Still somewhat under the weather but I walked anyway.......... It was so cool it was almost cold, Parts of NJ hit the 40s overnight, a nearby town was in the 50s. Shorts and a T-Shirt did not really cut it until I got warmed up and caffeinated.

Now I am officially tired :)

We pulled the fuel tank off of the Roto Tiller for cleaning, The Fuel was really old 10+ years and did not even smell anything remotely like gas. Picked up new fuel hose as the old hose was cracked and leaking. I believe it will be fine with new fuel as it did run on starting fluid. Hopefully I will not have to rebuild the carburetor too.

Don't forget, Only two more days to buy the $59.99 NS Gift Cards Via Costco

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! I actually bought all mine until hopefully a March/April sale though during the last one so I am all set. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I went walking this morning, Weather was nice and cool, It does not feel like August, Nearby town was in the 50s overnight.

Feeling Somewhat better today, still not 100% :(

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    irandamay wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder! I actually bought all mine until hopefully a March/April sale though during the last one so I am all set. :)

Hi Miranda
    I would rather be redundant than have someone just miss getting them. They make the food so affordable when the 20% AD discount is taken into account, Then taking 40% off of that balance, Whee!

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I Walked again this morning 2.75 Miles & 25 cents, warm at 76 degrees, Dew Point in the 70s making it humid too.
    We worked on the Roto Tiller yesterday, New Fuel line, flushed the tank. Runs on a prime in the carburetor only. It looks like I need to order a rebuild kit for the Carb. Not totally unexpected, it sat for over 10 years with fuel in the tank, My brother forgot to run it dry when it was put away. Oh Well :)

Have a Really Great Monday
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends!

I hope everyone is doing well.

I have had a lot going on lately and have not been staying on plan. A lot of days I was hardly eating anything and then when I would finally eat something it was usually not NS food/comparable. But, I have finally settled down and seem back to normal so, it is back on the NS plan again. Thank goodness.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    Welcome back, I stuck my head out the door and it had stopped raining and the weather radar showed no more rain so I got ready to walk, Of Course about that time it started drizzling, I went out anyway :) 2.63 miles Vs the usual 2.75 miles as due to the weather I changed my route slightly. The rain drizzled on and off for most of the walk, no problem, Then 6 Blocks from Home it started coming down as a steady light rain :( I could have called my brother to come rescue me but for 6 blocks? Nope. Humid out there too.

The One thing You can not cheat is the scale, It always knows :(

As I suspect You know not eating enough is as bad as eating too much :)
    Good Luck , now that You are back on plan!

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking, much better walking conditions today than I have had for most of the week too. Temperatures in the 60s and it feels like the humidity is much lower too. I will probably be spending some of the day getting recycling ready for the run to the recycle center tomorrow. Not sure where the old Shredder goes, They will have to decide.

It's Friday
    Roger
    a06ycuozgjqa.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today, 12 cents too :)
    It was 36 degrees in a nearby town, Somerville NJ. The weather forecast is for it to double that temperature for a Daytime high today.

2015 Weekend Journey through the Past
    http://www.co.somerset.nj.us/schistoryweekend/
    I will most likely be heading here later today and talking to Francine.
    http://www.co.somerset.nj.us/schistoryweekend/pdf/2015 Participating Historic Sites.pdf

On the walk I took a new route for part of it and flexed part of my breakfast. This is what I did
    White Castle Breakfast slider w/ Bacon, Egg, Cheese:
    Serving Size 84g, 210 Calories, Protein 1g, Fat12g, Total Carb 13g, Sodium510 mg, Fat Calories 110, Sat Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 180mg, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g

From Here: http://www.nutrition-charts.com/white-castle-nutrition-facts-calorie-information/
    Then I sat down and removed most of the Bread from the top of the bun, put the Egg, Cheese & Bacon on what was left of the Bun, And threw away the bottom of the bun and ate it as a open face sandwich. I am thinking removing 2/3rds of the bun that way brought the calorie down pretty good. It was the first White Castle anything since the end of 2013 too.

I think that was a fairly successful Flex?

Then I had My banana and a NutriSystem Strawberry Protein Shake when I got home from the Produce store.
    I picked up 1 Lettuce for me and two for my Brother, And for him some nice White Mushrooms, a Zuchinni, 4 Cortland Apples and a box of cherry tomatoes. That 10 Pounds 12 ounces total weight of the backpack & Contents, It sure felt heavy heading home from there too. Hard to believe I used to carry a lot more everywhere :)

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking today, Second day, no money found. The weather is not too bad today, sweatshirt and light gloves only.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Took my new Inexpensive Digital Camera, $29 + Tax at Walmart, with me walking this morning. I did have to get a SD card for it so I used a 16Gb from a defunct Digital Camera that Got exposed to salt air at the shore. I have posted some images from around town and Some Halloween pictures. Feel free to add Your Own Halloween images.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10270373/halloween-pictures?new=1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10270374/our-little-lake-in-town

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was in the forties this morning when I went out for my walk. I am thinking of going to the nearby party store to see what they carry tomorrow morning.

Have a Good Week
    Roger