Daily check in

Options

Replies

• mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    @haleymiller0707, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis--I know a few people who have Lyme Disease :/ Hope your vacation was nice!!

@germany03, I overslept on Tuesday (which would be upper fix) and it is just too hot and humid to do it in the evening, so I did upper fix today instead and tomorrow plan to do lower body in the AM & taking a body pump class at the gym in the afternoon. I might double up on Friday as well with Pilates & cardio fix just to catch up with the workout plan, which pilates kicks my butt so no promises haha :)
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @haleymiller0707 Yes I joined the Labor Day group too. Trying desperately to get a few more pounds off before I leave for 3.5 weeks on Aug 31!!
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @haleymiller0707 I something about the group but since I don't do Facebook I was not able to join:( - glad to see you back !!!

@mscote12 I am definitly feeling it today. Will get in gear and get Upper fix in today and hopefully will be able to double up on tomorrow to get back on track. If I can't double up um not sure which workout I will drop but hopefully none:) I hear ya about it being too hot and humid. I feel like I should be taking 5 showers a day.

@jpkrueger that is a long trip - will you be able to take the 21DF with you?
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @haleymiller0707 Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. As I always tell people, taking care of yourself and being healthy doesn't begin and end with diet and exercise. It includes getting enough rest, letting your body heal when it needs a little TLC.

@jpkrueger If you know anything about the hotels where you'll be staying, maybe you can plan out your exercise while away. I knew I would have just enough room (and carpeting) at my mother's, which is how I knew I could do Slim in 6 while away. I'll start Brazil Butt Lift 3 weeks before we leave and (hopefully) have some idea of how/what I'll want to modify. Of course, I'm so used to having to switch things up because of my physical conditions that I should be able to figure out what to do and how to do it. And my yoga socks will give me the traction I need even if there isn't any carpet at one of the hotels where we'll be staying. (Guess what? Rob is planning on exercising while we're away too! How crazy is that?)

@germany03 Welcome back! I hope when I get back from my trip, I can celebrate not doing too much damage. Not sure I'll be able to pull it off because I already know one of the hotels insists on putting chocolates in our room every night and a plate of chocolates in there every other night. How cruel is that?

@misslazo718 My son, who lives in Chicago, is doing PiYo with me, sorta. I found out today that he has been slacking off this week. Totally NOT fair because I've been doing Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution on top of PiYo. What can I say? My son is a slacker. LOL! (I'm super proud of him for joining me and he'll be here in a couple of weeks so maybe we'll even do it together.)

Everyone

Remember how my darling husband was doing P90 at his own pace. He would take days off because of work--long hours of physical effort--but pick up right where he left off on the calendar. This week he advanced to Level C and he's already planning his next workout. Plus, as I mentioned above, he plans on exercising when we're out of town.

But who cares about the vacation???

My darling daughter turns 33 today and we're going to have pizza and Black Forest Cake and no sugar added ice cream and wine. Happy birthday! Woohoo! (And, as you all know, I loooooove pizza! Not as much as I love my daughter . . . but pretty darn close! LOL!)
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I just finished Pilates Fix and boy do I hate that one. I don't know what it is but it kicks my butt everytime. I'd rather do Dirty 30 twice than Pilates.

@germany03 Did you ever decide on you FitBit? The decision is driving me nuts. I think I just need to go in and pick one out already. lol

@jpkrueger I'll have to find you on there (FB #labordayfix group) Your trip sounds lovely. I'm sure you will drop the last few pounds before you go.

@SatiaRenee That is awesome your son is doing it with you. Great having a buddy.
  • germany03
    Options
    @haleymiller0707 yes I have ...we bought the fitbit charge hr on yesterday ..but...I will not "get" it until next week...I am seriously so exited about that darn thing...lol..like a kid in the candy store..can't wait to put it on and work it :)

@SatiaRenee the hotel gods have sworn themselves against you..chocolate every night...not a temptation I could resist..lol...enjoy it girl...and think of me ..haha..

So I have honestly not been doing good with keeping up with the excersise dvds this week. .. but I have walked my mile again at lunch time so I feel a little better about it. I have been able to stick to me Co taints or less so I feel ok with that. I can tell by the way I feel that I am making progress just not as great as if I would hit the dvds daily too :/

• jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My hotel rooms will be ridiculously tiny...usually barely even room to open my suitcase!! But, I love to walk when I am in cities and even run (tho I normally hate running). So although I won't be able to do the 21DF workouts, I will stay active. The first 5 days of the trip will be in the Netherlands, helping my daughter get settled in her new apartment at her new university. I will be doing lots of walking back and forth to town and carrying heavy bags so that's good! The rest of the trip is work, in London, but I love to take long walks after work. For me the challenge is always the eating - once I start to go off the rails, I realllllly go off the rails. Gotta keep it in check this time especially since it's such a long trip!!! Last time I ate a chocolate croissant every day before bed...stupid things like that that I would never do at home...do I think that European calories won't affect me or something??? Anyway I will aim for a healthy balance!!!
  • mscote12
    Options
    Today I woke up and got my Dirty 30 done! I doubled up Thursday with lower fix & pilates so I was able to get back on track with the DVDs. I am very much looking forward to Yoga tomorrow...I think it is my favorite dvd haha
    I have been making an effort to follow the meal plan, could probably reign it in a little tighter though...but I am feeling good :)
  • Rubie782
    Rubie782 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    After being on vacation I am in desperate need of another round of 21 DF. I had decent results my first round so I'm looking forward to doing it again. Anyone else starting tomorrow, Monday August 24?
  • mscote12
    Options
    So I haven't been on top of things as I planned to be. I feel like perhaps I am going to start a new round on Monday (08/31)....I tried to start last week but this week I am not following the meal plan 100% like I really wanted to do and I am not waking up to get in my workouts like I really wanted to do. Super frustrating. This week is TOM so it is easy to blame it on that...but I will hold myself accountable...this weekend is an end of summer night out, we are camping at the ocean with a group of our friends--there will be food, drinks and all that fun stuff I love lol So..I am going to finish out the week with an attempt to eat well and I am going to do all my workouts but I am really going to start fresh on Monday--with weigh in, measurements and all that stuff I hate lol
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @mscote12 Sounds like a reboot on Monday would be a good idea. That said, by all means eat well from now through the end of the week and then enjoy your weekend, knowing Monday you'll be back to giving it, and yourself, your all!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Would like to start this again.. right now I am just doing 30 Day Shred with 5k runs. Was thinking of adding in the 21DF on days that I don't run.. also need to get back to the gym and do some barbell squats.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just ordered the 21 day fix "kit". I don't know why, but I hesitated to press that order button. I'm afraid I'm going to fail! When I get that box, I'll be excited! :) Looking forward to checking in here! :)

• germany03
    Options
    @mscote12 not that I wallow in your frustration but I am kind of glad to hear you say you want to reset on Monday- I was thinking the same exact thing for mainly the same reasons. I had a really hard time the first week to get back in the swing of things and then I got sick...no watching my food and no workout for me since past friday. I can tell my body isn't happy with all this processed food but I was too sick to cook or plan. Jr started school again and has been keeping my mind busy with getting all that situated...I am giving myself until Monday to get enough rest and get back in the right state of mind....but then...let me tell ya...ITS ON!!!
  • mscote12
    Options
    Thanks @SatiaRenee that is my plan, come Monday its game on!

@germany03 That sounds like a rough week! Wallow in my frustration all you want lol I have done pretty good staying on point with my eating, a little cave here or there but nothing I am stressing over. I worked out Thursday at the gym--took a new class called Piloxing, it was super fun and felt good...but thats about all I got in since Yoga on Monday.

Tonight is the night out with friends..there will be plenty of walking, dancing and moving around but there will also be plenty of alcohol, food and FUN lol it is what it is..we only live once and I am going to enjoy this night out with my closest friends and just enjoy the moment :)
  • germany03
    Options
    @mscote12 enjoy yourself!!!

This weekend is Family reunion weekend - meet and greet last night, cookout this morning and early afterrnoon and banquet tonight. Awesome dun, yes food but best of all family and just good old fun and enjoying seeing the kids get to spend time together and enjoying eachother. Fun and relaxation...just what the Dr ordered. (And thankfully on the weekend before my reset -so no excuse to step out of my upcoming 3 weeks) :)
  • germany03
    Options
    Day 1:
    Woke up motivated. Prepped lunch and snacks last night so easy breezy this morning. Total body workout completed ..a little winded but doing ok. - but I know what's comming at me tomorrow and the day after ...the soooore legs ..haha.
  • Northern37
    Northern37 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me. I have been slacking all summer and it's time to get serious again. Today was a good day eating wise, food is prepped and I did Total Cardio fix.
    Hope you all had a great day
  • Northern37
    Northern37 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Upper fix done, what a workout it was today. My body is feeling these workouts. Eating has been good too. Have a great day!!
  • clovergirl1024
    clovergirl1024 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 2.....Doing my best to stay motivated!! Breakfast and Lunch prepped for tomorrow!