I'm new and needing a lot of help/advice.

Options
2»

Replies

• Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wait...don't subtract fiber from carbs? Crap!!!!!!!!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    YukiBuns wrote: »
    considering on Keto you can't take too much caffeine

Where are you getting your information?

Most people that I have asked regarding Oolong or anything with Caffeine involved usually tells me to stop drinking the Oolong because Caffeine can slow down Ketosis or some weird drawn out explanation...I'm guessing it just varies per person and each result is different.[/quote]

Bunch of baloney. Caffeine is the ONE THING I will NOT give up and I have some every day! I don't drink soda or coffee so I usually consume caffeine in the form of cinnamon orange tea or various flavors of zipfizz. It has not stopped or slowed the weight loss down for me AT ALL and so far I've eliminated 117 pounds! If it works for you, then consume it when / where / how you like.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Lol - me too. I always subtract them and am losing weight on 50-60 grams of net carbs a day. And I love my 4 cups of coffee a day. (2 black and 2 with cream and xylitol)
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I have subtracted fiber from carbs for the last 2 years. I have no intention of changing that and see no reason to. In other forums that I participated in before I found the MFP low carber areas, Net Carbs was the only way anyone ever talked. It wasn't until I joined MFP that I ever saw anyone say that they counted total carbs when discussing their carb limits. It still seems very strange to me and I feel its completely unnecessary for someone new to keto to worry about.

Note that this is when speaking of fiber. If you're going to screw around with a lot of artificial sweeteners, do some research. But even then, you're making a small mistake at best unless you just pig out like crazy on stuff with Malitol.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My theory is use either net grams or total grams of carbs, but use that method consistently...and adjust lower if needed. Consistency is the true key to success on any plan in my books!