Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    "You can eat whatever you want as long as it's in moderation."
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Ketones accelerate the keto adaption process.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    "natural flavors" is camouflage in an ingredients list for anything folks don't want you to know. "Natural flavors have to be good for you, right?"
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    I want to make a blog compiling all the "well meaning" weight loss/health advice from all the experts. The ones that DON'T work on carb intolerant, insulin resistant, morbidly obese people.

Just one liners will do. I don't need an explanation, unless you feel compelled to write one.

I'll start by listing some off the top of my head:

You need to eat many small meals through out the day.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day (don't skip it!)

Take ibuprofen or aspirin or tylenol to reduce inflammation, reduce pain

Eat a Low fat diet

Exercise a minimum of 3 times a week for 20 minutes each session...

Do not water fast more than 24 hours

Saturated fat will clog your arteries

Thank you in advance....

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 197.9, 116 pounds down, 19 to go. 13.5 months on diet

I happen to think your first two are great advice. For me. I need stable sugars all day. I need the am calories so I won't overeat at night (NES). I do much better all day when I do eat breakfast, statistically. I like having the burning running all day, so to speak. So I think my entry to this page is:

One size fits all advice.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Just this once......
    You have to reward yourself...
    All things in moderation... (if I knew friggin' moderation I wouldn't be fat)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Eat a balance of macros at each meal.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Oh, this one was told to me FOREVER:

"Dan, you scarf down your food, you need to slow down and chew your food...."

(tell that to a lion that eats a chicken in one bite!) LOL!

Of course I ate food like a madman because I WAS SO DAMNED HUNGRY all the time (when I was on carbs!)

Dan
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me with a pained look on her face that eating low carb was "fine" but to watch my fat intake. What exactly does she thing I'm supposed to eat?

And my partner says to me "you should eat whole grains, they're good for you" (he has a breakfast bar every morning). I tell him grains are pig food and I'm not interested.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Keto_T wrote: »
    Just this once......

Ain't that the truth! People just don't understand how completely idiotic constantly repeating that statement is! Broken record much?!? Lol
    My doctor told me with a pained look on her face that eating low carb was "fine" but to watch my fat intake. What exactly does she thing I'm supposed to eat?

And my partner says to me "you should eat whole grains, they're good for you" (he has a breakfast bar every morning). I tell him grains are pig food and I'm not interested.

Lol! I love that! Grains are for pigs! I don't even know if that's true, but they certainly aren't for me!
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Just this once......

Ain't that the truth! People just don't understand how completely idiotic constantly repeating that statement is! Broken record much?!? Lol

Lol! I love that! Grains are for pigs! I don't even know if that's true, but they certainly aren't for me!

Yea, and how do they fatten beef cattle? With grains, especially corn.

I once thought of a t-shirt with the saying on it:

Don't Feed Me Grains, I DON'T Need to Be Fattened ~ I'm Not Cattle!

Dan
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Just this once......

Dan
    Love that shirt idea! ;)

How about "Fat is good for you. It's a no-grainer"
    Lol
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Just this once......

Dan
    Love that shirt idea! ;)

How about "Fat is good for you. It's a no-grainer"
    Lol

Love it!
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Coconut Oil is the worst oil, avoid it at all costs.

(The fat police got it banned from popcorn, remember that? About twenty years ago.)
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Lol I think that shirt would really weird people out but I'd totally wear it
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Just this once......

HAHAHA! Right???!!!
  • ndvoice
    ndvoice Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    "Oatmeal will keep you full all morning."
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Drinking ice water will freeze/congeal the fats in your stomach and disrupt digestion.
    Drinking ice water cause your body to burn more calories to warm it up.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A keto diet has been proven to reduce seizures in people with epilepsy, however my daughters neurologist stated, "I don't believe in cutting out a food group"
  • DittoDan
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Diet and exercise is the only way you can lose weight successfully
  • DittoDan
    Options
    I see no more activity, so I made the blog. I can edit the blog to add any more you may post subsequently.

Well Meaning Advice Given to You ~ That is Just Plain Wrong!

I want to thank all the contributors!

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 194.9, 119 pounds down, 16 to go. 13.75 months on diet