New members - tell us about yourself

Options

Replies

• sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    hi folks, I'm Cliff, I only just found this group, nice to be here & to meet you all.
    I'm 55yo from London, England. I've been doing the MFP thing for 2 1/2 years; it's the best thing I ever found, I did the deficit thing & lost 52lb in 52 weeks having been overweight for just about all my adult life.
    I've since been maintaining & generally getting fitter, I split my exercise time between walking & hitting the gym.
    I log every day & like to support & be supported by my friends.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Cliff. you have done really well! You will find people at all points of the journey here. I think you will find the solid support and camaraderie you are seeking.
  • kevingacke
    kevingacke Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cliff. This is a great group. You will find all kinds of support.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Nice work on your weight loss, Cliff <3
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    welcome Cliff, excellent progress, keep up the great work, good group here
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    So lovely to have so many new members
    A huge welcome to you all :)
  • patrickjd9
    patrickjd9 Posts: 23 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm Pat. I'm 56, live in the Washington, DC suburbs, and have lost 50 pounds in 16 months. Still 20+ pounds from my goal.

I took the first 30 pounds off fairly quickly, but am now going slowly by plan-about 2 pounds a month at 2200 calories a day. I think I can eat at this level permanently if need be. As long as I track it, it doesn't feel like deprivation.

I've always been a walker and hiker and am averaging 12K steps a day on my Fitbit since I got it in June. It took me a while to learn not to add as many exercise calories as it allows.

Glad to be here and hope to learn some things about maintenance, since I had a large weight loss about 6 years ago and gained it back.
  • Walkingoffthelbs
    Walkingoffthelbs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cliff & Pat! You will find lots of help and info here :smiley:
  • marekdds
    Options
    Welcome Pat! You have come to the right place. Smart group in various stages from beginning, middle to maintenance. Feel free to post any questions.
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am the mom to 2 wonderful dogs! I just recently rejoined MFP, and i hope to stay on track this time. Until i was 40 i never weighed over 140, but a new desk job (stressful) has changed all of that. I bought a treadmill and a jawbone up2, so i hope this is the beginning of a great new way of life for me.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Welcome, Pat and magicsd! Hope you find this group helpful!
  • Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey all....so glad to find this group. Im a 53 year old grandma from Washington state. I was trim and fit when I worked for one of our local sawmills for 15 years, but a back injury and fusion kept me sidelined for a couple of years and I put on 100+ pounds. So now that Im physically stronger Ive started eating healthier and running some and bike riding. The weights coming off slowly. I have 70 more pounds to go. Looking forward to meeting some new people and changing my relationship with food.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Welcome, Paulina. I think you will find the support and camaraderie here to your liking.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hello, Paulina. :) Great people here working towards change :)
  • kevingacke
    kevingacke Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome Paulina. This is a great group, you will find tons of support. I am also from WA, about an hour north of Seattle. GO HAWKS.
  • marekdds
    Options
    magic and Paulina, welcome to our group! Nice bunch not snarkiness like on the forums. Feel free to post topics or questions!
  • Clironka
    Clironka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 - hope I'm not TOO old! From London, England. Mother of 3, Grandmother, Great-grandmother, a bookkeeper, still working, keen gardener, love theatre, art galleries and generally sightseeing. Was widowed 9 years ago, lucky enough to meet a widower and re-marry 3 years ago. Having had some joint problems and serious sciatica I've resolved to drop about 70 pounds to keep further problems at bay.
  • marekdds
    Options
    Welcome Clironka! From personal experience, I can tell you losing that extra poundage, lessens back and knee pain. You can do this.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Welcome Clironka! I can tell you this. I have lose 43 pounds and my back problems have decreased dramatically. in fact, it's almost a shock to me when it flares up. Also, I am doing the stairs, etc much more easily. I have knee issues as well and the pain there has decreased some as well. I never would have guessed just how much improvement there can be with various issues just by losing some weight.
  • evinston
    evinston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm 52 years old and live near Gainesville Florida. I was a very active member of another online tracking program and managed to lose 40 pounds in six months by tracking calories, Doctor supervision, and walking. Then my weight loss stopped. I changed to My Fitness Pal several months ago, but haven't participated in the community aspect of the program. I've lost a few more pounds, but am frustrated with the snail's pace. I was very inspired by the stories of friends' weight loss on the other site, and decided I needed the camaraderie on My Fitness Pal. So, thanks for this group! It's nice to join you in this effort. :)