May 2013 Starters

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I walked this morning + 1 Whole Penny :)
    It was a better day than yesterday outside during the walk, I ended up taking the gloves off and my hands were OK that way.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Walked this morning, The temperature was OK, Slightly colder than Yesterday but not bad. Then later after breakfast I cleaned some of the Nuts I have picked up and set them to dry, cracked a few from a earlier cleaning run.

Have Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I decided to take a off day from walking, not a great looking day outside.
    Grocery Shopping and cleaning day instead.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hey Roger... great job keeping up the walking. :)

I usually just have too many threads to catch up on and I kinda lost track of this one for a while, but I got a PM from Willow yesterday and realized how long it has been since I checked in! So, hello all May 2013 starters (and Roger :))! I have been trucking along as usual, doing lots of running and training. I had a 5K on Saturday, and in 2 weeks I have my next half marathon. I actually ran another half marathon a little over a week ago as my last long training run for the one coming up in FL. So, for this year that is five 5K's, two 10K's, one 8K, and two half marathons (21K) with a third to come.

I'm not sure if I'll run any more races this year... maybe I'll do some in Nov or Dec after I get back from my half. I really like training for races, it keeps me focused, so I'm already starting to think about what races I'm going to do next year.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I decided to walk yesterday afternoon after all as the light rain had moved on earlier.
    I walked today too. It was a fair amount cooler than yesterday, 43 degrees showing on the front porch.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    irandamay wrote: »
    Hey Roger... great job keeping up the walking. :)

I usually just have too many threads to catch up on and I kinda lost track of this one for a while, but I got a PM from Willow yesterday and realized how long it has been since I checked in! So, hello all May 2013 starters (and Roger :))! I have been trucking along as usual, doing lots of running and training. I had a 5K on Saturday, and in 2 weeks I have my next half marathon. I actually ran another half marathon a little over a week ago as my last long training run for the one coming up in FL. So, for this year that is five 5K's, two 10K's, one 8K, and two half marathons (21K) with a third to come.

I'm not sure if I'll run any more races this year... maybe I'll do some in Nov or Dec after I get back from my half. I really like training for races, it keeps me focused, so I'm already starting to think about what races I'm going to do next year.

Hi Miranda
    I left the light on in the thread :)

Way to go with the Marathons of whatever length. I did hit a Mini Goal last week by earning my latest bear. That means there is a ways to go to get the next one as they stop at this one until the goal bear.

I did got to the local sporting goods store and bought warm gloves as I feel the cold worst in my ears and fingers. I already had nice earmuffs so warm gloves were next to get. I have been putting thinly insulated leather gloves inside of one or two layers of brown jersey gloves and on the really cold mornings the fingers still got cold :(

Nice to hear from You
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    hGxnlW.jpg
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    hGxnlW.jpg

Yes! So glad! haha
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did a shorter than usual walk today, since I expect to be getting up and down and going to the door a lot with Trick or Treaters :)

17 degrees colder in nearby Somerville, Frost on everything and Cold outside.

During my walk today on four of the streets were trees that had been TP'd, One street with Broken Eggs and On Street that had empty Shaving Cream Aerosol cans laying on it. The Last evening before Halloween is called Mischief Night. Some Years I had to clean soap off of the car windows to drive to work. Luckily Our street was not touched the last few years.

Have a happy Halloween
    RogerToo
    kclhFN.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking and did a bit more than intended, 3+ miles, probably nearer 4 miles.

The weather was beautiful, Mid 50s. I wore a sweatshirt and gloves for the start and removed the gloves after getting my coffee at McDs for the rest of the walk.

We had 78 Trick or Treaters for Halloween. They started coming at 4:15 and we were done by 7:30

Enjoy the day
    Roger
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    We hid as usual from trick or treaters. :) Actually this year we just went to dinner instead of turning off all the lights.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Today should hopefully be a good day for weight loss. I got my usual walk in +10 cents, then when I got home I filled 5 leaf bags from the front Yard. Tomorrow The back yard :) Nice Weather This Week, I started out in a sweatshirt and removed it for part of the walk due the temperatures warming up.

Tomorrows plan Vote during the morning walk.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    IBFx9G.png

Hi Miranda
    Just turning off the Lights while watching TV seemed to work when We were done handing out treats. My Brother Thought about going out to eat but Decided why take the risk some little kid would dart out in the road.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I ended up walking 3 miles today, longer than planned + One battered Dime.

A really Nice day if You exclude the Light Mist and Drizzle for the first part of it, I used the umbrella for about 5 minutes and that was it. I went out in a Thin Long Sleeve Shirt and it was getting warm by the end of the day :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Walking comes When the Bank is open. Temps in the 30s right now hence the wait for warm Sunlight today. Three stops planned, Coffee, Bank, Pharmacy for some Vitamins, In that order too.

I got out walking, and Picked up a nice Birthday card for my brother and a Bottle of Oban Single Malt. I figure he is so helpful and supportive what the heck, he deserves a nice gift. He got me a Kenkel Hardshell Nutcracker

Designed to crack the toughest black walnuts, the Kenkel Hardshell Nutcracker, effortlessly cracks all types of hardshell nuts.
    http://www.kenkelnutcracker.com/
    He heard me saying I was having trouble finding the right hit on them with a Hammer and was mashing the nut meats or spraying the pieces all over.

Have a Great Start of the Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did a shortened walk today, weather not that nice. OTOH I went back out walking Yesterday and Between Yesterday and Today I am currently at 25K Steps. Since My Daily Step Goal is 10K and today is not nearly finished I am well over that :)

During the Morning Walk Yesterday I stopped at a CVS and checked prices :( $67 at CVS, Vs $35 for the same item and Quantity at the Local Non Chain Drug Store where I walked to in the Afternoon. Quite a Significant difference. Boo to CVS :)

Bottom Line do not be afraid to check pricing, The Large chain may not be Your best price. Costco later this week and I'll be looking at their prices too.

It is most likely the last day for Apples on my walk. Tree is pretty bare and the Drops I have been harvesting were not looking that good. I picked up 4 and I figure I may get the equivalent of two Apples out of them when done prepping them.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Y'all -- Remember a while back (when the NS boards were still around) when suddenly a batch or two of the White Bean Chicken Chili was WAY more spicy than normal? Well.... Looks like I finally got around to eating one of those. As someone from Texas who knows a thing or two about spice, I gotta say.... It helped me knock out a little more than a bottle of water. haha.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today, Cool and comfortable and in my area the rain had moved on earlier. I wore a Sweatshirt and gloves starting out, Later I removed the gloves.

Have a Good Holiday
    Roger
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    Y'all -- Remember a while back (when the NS boards were still around) when suddenly a batch or two of the White Bean Chicken Chili was WAY more spicy than normal? Well.... Looks like I finally got around to eating one of those. As someone from Texas who knows a thing or two about spice, I gotta say.... It helped me knock out a little more than a bottle of water. haha.

Hi Amanda
    I had more than one of this from different sources, NS Direct and batch purchases from other users and I ended up gifting my brother with them.

I like my foods mild. I find the Southwest Fiesta melts are at the limit for me in terms of heat.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

P.S. Did You change Avatars?
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out Walking today, Weather is nice except for a bit of wind, No Gloves needed and only a Sweatshirt for the walk. Then I Hit the Recycle Center on the way to Costco @ $163, large economy sizes of Vitamins and Minerals. Then Two bags of Frozen Vegetables, two 10 packs of Kleenex @ $17.69 = Large Kleenex @ $1.79 per. 18 Pack of Greek Yogurt, Plastic Bubble pack of Honey Crisp Apples Clementines and 32 AAA Batteries, Charmin (Please Don't Squeeze the Charmin :) ) Then Stopped for a Decaf for me and a regular Black Coffee for my Brother and $18 to fill the tank on the car. That'll hold me for a more than a month.

Happy Friday the 13th unless You have Triskaidekaphobia :)
    Roger
  • spamanda53
    Options

Hi Amanda

I did. I was in the mood for a change so I updated my profile picture. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking today, Breezy and not very warm in the Mid 40s + 13 Cents. I got hit with some light rain on the way to the post office. It Cleared up right after that and the Sun came out. I was over 10K steps by the time I got home.

I Picked up a 2016 Calendar while I was out so I'm good for the upcoming year that way.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    spamanda53 wrote: »

Hi Amanda

I did. I was in the mood for a change so I updated my profile picture. :)

Hi Amanda
    I like it :)

I rarely change things unless they are not working, Just me I gues.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger