New members - tell us about yourself

Options

Replies

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Welcome, evinston. There are a lot of good people here at every level of the journey with good advice and support to share. Like you I am feeling a tad frustrated about the snail's pace! I am sure we will both pick up the pace soon!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Welcome evinston! Ditto what Nikki said. Good support and suggestions on here. feel free to post a topic. The last bit is painfully slow, very frustrating. It is like your body is working against you instead of with you.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    a huge welcome to all our new members. :)
  • evinston
    evinston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you nikkib and marek! Glad to find an active and positive group. Blessings on the journey.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 54, female and an Australian. Started using MFP seriously at the beginning of October and have found it really useful. I've lost 8kg lost so far - another 35kg to go so I'll probably be here for the next year or 2.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    QoLmatters wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 54, female and an Australian. Started using MFP seriously at the beginning of October and have found it really useful. I've lost 8kg lost so far - another 35kg to go so I'll probably be here for the next year or 2.

Welcome to the group. Absolutely adore the cute kitty picture!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Welcome Qol.matters. This is a useful site and some knowledgeable people here in all stages of this process. Feel free to ask questions and make comments. Where in Australia are you? My daughter spent 2 years in Perth getting her masters, lovely place.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your warm welcomes.
    @marekdds I'm from Canberra ACT. I've never actually been to Perth though I have friends who came from there. :)
  • MrsMaui27
    MrsMaui27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    "HI" Newbie here, I live in Washington State. I am 56 yrs. young.
    The only time in my life I was overweight was in my 30's. My heaviest was 155lbs.
    U see ,,, When I was 27 I became a widow, W/Two beautiful children ages 4 & 5. SOooo not fair!!! :'(
    After 10 very hard years, I meet my loving Hubby and this year we will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary :love: " Life is good"
    I am finding out that with each year as I age. It takes a LOT loooonger to be and look "NATURALLY" Beautiful / Healthy!!! :lol: LOL :lol:
    My latest challenge is learning how to use this thing called the computer :cold_sweat: I am not a strong speller and I have never had a typing class. SOooo this is quit challenge for me. :blush:
    Life has thought me that I am a LOT stronger then I could have EVER imagined. Having a healthy mind and body is a must for me. I am proud of myself and who I have become!!! :)

• marekdds
    Options
    Welcome Mrs.Maui! I find it harder to lose weight, the older I get. I think my metabolism has retired. You are a strong woman, you can do it.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    MrsMaui27 wrote: »
    "HI" Newbie here, I live in Washington State. I am 56 yrs. young.
    The only time in my life I was overweight was in my 30's. My heaviest was 155lbs.
    U see ,,, When I was 27 I became a widow, W/Two beautiful children ages 4 & 5. SOooo not fair!!! :'(
    After 10 very hard years, I meet my loving Hubby and this year we will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary :love: " Life is good"
    I am finding out that with each year as I age. It takes a LOT loooonger to be and look "NATURALLY" Beautiful / Healthy!!! :lol: LOL :lol:
    My latest challenge is learning how to use this thing called the computer :cold_sweat: I am not a strong speller and I have never had a typing class. SOooo this is quit challenge for me. :blush:
    Life has thought me that I am a LOT stronger then I could have EVER imagined. Having a healthy mind and body is a must for me. I am proud of myself and who I have become!!! :)

Welcome to our group.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Welcome, all.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Are we going to recruit some new members in 2016? I'm sure all ages join MFP with New Year's Resolutions !
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Are we going to recruit some new members in 2016? I'm sure all ages join MFP with New Year's Resolutions !

Yes, I'm sure will get quite a few new members in January. We should also have all of the active members post on their wall for their friends to join. I'm sure most of us have some 50ish+ friends that aren't in the group yet.
    He's the link to copy if anyone wants to:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group
  • marekdds
    Options
    Any ideas on getting the members we have now more active? Seems only a few dozen of us are here regularly.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    Any ideas on getting the members we have now more active? Seems only a few dozen of us are here regularly.

Good point Jen.. It would be nice to see more members contributing. Not quite sure how we can achieve it
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I read all the posts every day, but am shy about posting myself. It seems when I do post something somewhere, it's misread and taken out of context and things get out of control - that's the Internet for ya! Lol
  • marekdds
    Options
    I think we are much kinder and gentler here. Haven't seen the snarkiness of the general forums.
  • Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    kevingacke wrote: »
    Welcome Paulina. This is a great group, you will find tons of support. I am also from WA, about an hour north of Seattle. GO HAWKS.

Hi there. Sorry I havent been posting. I have been doing the biggest loser challange and it really takes up alot of time, but it has been working. 8 pounds down.
    Kevingacke sorry to tell you.....I am a Niner fan. I bleed red and gold. Although my husband and dad are both Seahawk fans. Its very spirited at my house when were playing each other.
  • BBee5064
    edited December 2015
    Options

That biggest loser challenge sounds great. What does it involve?