The Furious Blue Crew

Options

Replies

• noraron
    noraron Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ahh I still haven't quite got the hang of the daily challenges- had my worst eating day in 2 months yesterday, involving the consumption of a large amount of bread and cheese, and, more to the point, about 100g of swiss chocolate. Damn those Swiss chocolatiers.

Am back on the wagon today. Gonna try to nail the no-processed-sugar business (hard for me as I love sweet things...which is prob why I am a fat thing), stay under my cals, drink lots of water and do some serious time at the gym.

Margaret, try not to get too depressed about the water-weight; sounds like it was wholly out of your control. You've been doing amazingly well with exercise (your daily burns are impressive!) and it's all about long-term lifestyle change, so weekly fluctuations don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Sorry team. Added more cardio and strength training this week with an aim to really make a great contribution for blue team. Went from less than 1300 cals a day to consuming 1300 to 1500 instead so my body could cope with the extra. Thousands of calories under my total burn rate consumed and I put on weight. Hope for a woosh next week!
  • noraron
    Options
    Sorry team. Added more cardio and strength training this week with an aim to really make a great contribution for blue team. Went from less than 1300 cals a day to consuming 1300 to 1500 instead so my body could cope with the extra. Thousands of calories under my total burn rate consumed and I put on weight. Hope for a woosh next week!

So strange how the body works. I often find I follow up weeks like that with a big loss, so hope that happens for you too!
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    life does things to us maybe try 1400 cal
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1cand0it2 wrote: »
    I have baked with Stevia and I thought it was fine. I used a Stevia blend and a recipe formulated for it. However, the blend has sugar alcohol and my DH says it gave him gastrointestinal distress! I had no ill effects.

That's good to know....did you use the powder or liquid form?
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    angie53403 has quit
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    well not a great week we are down at least 8 members maybe 9, a couple of us have gained this week so all we can do is kick it next week. go blue
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    PolyTeine wrote: »
    I'm proud to say that I won the biggest loser contest here at work!!! Yay!! I haven't gotten the amount of the pot but I'm very proud of myself even though there were definitely not so good days :(. Anyway I weighed 263 today which was 13 lbs down from when we originally started 8 weeks ago.

i do not have all the weights but looks like you are our biggest loser to way to go
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    well if i keep up the way i am going next week will be good checked my weight down over 4 pound since friday 275.8 so it was water
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    how is everyone doing with the challenge mine is only 26 today with my planned menue
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, are you ready for tomorrow's result.
    I hope everyone has logged their weight & weekly challenges.
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    tfisher678 wrote: »
    1cand0it2 wrote: »
    I have baked with Stevia and I thought it was fine. I used a Stevia blend and a recipe formulated for it. However, the blend has sugar alcohol and my DH says it gave him gastrointestinal distress! I had no ill effects.

That's good to know....did you use the powder or liquid form?

I used a Stevia blend in the sugar section, it was a powder.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Sorted. Wow that is a lot of data to enter. I have been consuming usually less than 10 grams of sugar per day in last 5 weeks, regardless of the source of sugar . Clearly no room to add any. So our side challenge for 20 to 22 nov has mimmicked my life. Fixed my fatigue but not super easy to do. I miss my fruit. I will be competitive in other ways but the fruit and veg not. All i am allowed is leafy greens: no startchy veg nor fruit. GI kick is too high and Candida bacteria love that sugar rush. Right through the holiday season. Counting my blessings that I wasnt a sugar junkie to start with. Partying on sparkling water. Wahoo?

• noraron
    Options
    Hi all, I'm afraid I haven't been organised enough to do or log the challenges this past week - sorry. I'll try to do better this week!
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    noraron wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm afraid I haven't been organised enough to do or log the challenges this past week - sorry. I'll try to do better this week!

all this will do is not allow you to be a top in the areas but does not count against loss .
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    for the jumping jacks can do low impact ones so you step not jump
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Yes Eastern USA, I live in Pennsylvania :) I did the Plyo Extreme Fix and Upper Extreme Fix this week and going to do Pilates tonight woohoo
  • starfishwendy
    starfishwendy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues with only half of their comment posting?
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    clarkeje1 wrote: »
    Yes Eastern USA, I live in Pennsylvania :) I did the Plyo Extreme Fix and Upper Extreme Fix this week and going to do Pilates tonight woohoo

glad to see you check in go blue go
  • letngo
    letngo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My weigh in shows me that when I stay aware of what I am eating and log my intake, I can make progress.
This discussion has been closed.