The Gym Rat thread

12345679»

Replies

• AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Huge breakthrough this week on my squats. I've known something was really wrong with my squat form for months because my lower back would hurt like the second I got under the bar...and progress has been at a standstill because of it.

I figured it out this week and instantly no pain. Can't wait to start progressing again!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited November 2015
    Inquiring minds want to know!

What was it?

Now, if it was like the little lady that had stabbing pain around her mid-section, and used as her weight belt her big dog's choke collar - might not want to mention that.
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    Inquiring minds want to know!

What was it?

Now, if it was like the little lady that had stabbing pain around her mid-section, and used as her weight belt her big dog's choke collar - might not want to mention that.

^^^That can't be real.

I was loading the bar on my back wrong - wrong position and I wasn't holding my arms in the right position. I am not sure what was happening anatomically speaking - but my lower back was stressed from it.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Today was the last day of a peaking cycle for a meet that ended up being sold out (testing 1rm next week instead). My top deadlift single was supposed to be 390 which was a previous PR, and a super grinder. It flew up so fast I decided to try 400 which also went pretty well. I'm so excited to finally be in the 400 club! *happy dancing around*
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,960 Member
    Welcome to the club! I remember well the day I first was able to lift 4 plates per side.
  • Rep4Him
    Rep4Him Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2015
    Congratulations on the PR! My goal was 500 by the end of the year. I pulled 505 last Tuesday. I have about 5 1/2 months before my first meet. I'm really looking forward to it.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Thanks guys! :)

@Rep4Him Good luck in your meet!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    First powerlifting meet completed. Totaled 738.3. Big thanks to @SideSteel and everyone who answered questions from me over the last couple of months.

270 lb squat:

143.3 lb bench:

325 lb deadlift:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Serious depth on that squat - nice!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    JTick wrote: »
    First powerlifting meet completed. Totaled 738.3. Big thanks to @SideSteel and everyone who answered questions from me over the last couple of months.

270 lb squat:

143.3 lb bench:

325 lb deadlift:

SMOKED that squat!!

How many good lifts vs attempts?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    9 for 9! All white lights.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    JTick wrote: »
    9 for 9! All white lights.