The Gym Rat thread

Options
12345679»

Replies

• AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Huge breakthrough this week on my squats. I've known something was really wrong with my squat form for months because my lower back would hurt like the second I got under the bar...and progress has been at a standstill because of it.

I figured it out this week and instantly no pain. Can't wait to start progressing again!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Inquiring minds want to know!

What was it?

Now, if it was like the little lady that had stabbing pain around her mid-section, and used as her weight belt her big dog's choke collar - might not want to mention that.
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Inquiring minds want to know!

What was it?

Now, if it was like the little lady that had stabbing pain around her mid-section, and used as her weight belt her big dog's choke collar - might not want to mention that.

^^^That can't be real.

I was loading the bar on my back wrong - wrong position and I wasn't holding my arms in the right position. I am not sure what was happening anatomically speaking - but my lower back was stressed from it.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Today was the last day of a peaking cycle for a meet that ended up being sold out (testing 1rm next week instead). My top deadlift single was supposed to be 390 which was a previous PR, and a super grinder. It flew up so fast I decided to try 400 which also went pretty well. I'm so excited to finally be in the 400 club! *happy dancing around*
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,990 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! I remember well the day I first was able to lift 4 plates per side.
  • Rep4Him
    Rep4Him Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Congratulations on the PR! My goal was 500 by the end of the year. I pulled 505 last Tuesday. I have about 5 1/2 months before my first meet. I'm really looking forward to it.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)

@Rep4Him Good luck in your meet!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    First powerlifting meet completed. Totaled 738.3. Big thanks to @SideSteel and everyone who answered questions from me over the last couple of months.

270 lb squat:

143.3 lb bench:

325 lb deadlift:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Serious depth on that squat - nice!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    JTick wrote: »
    First powerlifting meet completed. Totaled 738.3. Big thanks to @SideSteel and everyone who answered questions from me over the last couple of months.

270 lb squat:

143.3 lb bench:

325 lb deadlift:

SMOKED that squat!!

How many good lifts vs attempts?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    9 for 9! All white lights.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options