Celebrating Non-Scale Victories! Members share your NSVs here!

Options

Replies

• Jennbecca33
    Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Reposting this awesome NSV from agardengrrrl!!

"I started EM2WL about six weeks ago. Have been increasing my calories and now eating around 2500 a day. The scale has stopped going down, but I seem to be losing inches at about the same rate as when I was eating low calorie. I don't think that should even be possible! Yesterday my husband said I was a black hole...my mass stays the same but I just keep shrinking. LOL."
  • Jennbecca33
    Options
    Reposting this NSV from badgalmari!!!

"I just wanted to update you on my progress so far. So, I measured/weighed myself yesterday and... I gained 1 pound since my last weigh in, but I lost another inch in my waist/chest & gained an inch in hips. (I'm cool with that inch gain too)!! I started lifting/strength training 2 months ago... Every since I've been eating more and lifting/strength training (still doing cardio maybe 20-30% of the time, but my main focus is strength now) I feel more fit and better overall! My metabolism is through the roof, I'm not tired anymore when I wake up in the AM & I really could care less about the scale. As long as the inches keep going down I'm good. Remember, slow progress is better than no progress...(Ty Lucia & Kiki from EM2WL for all of the wonderful information you have provided, and also ty for all of your encouragement fit fam.) All of you inspire me & keep me going :)"

• Jennbecca33
    Options
    Reposting this great NSV from Bebe6740!

"Just thought I would post my 1 month progress:

I've been eating between 2000-2500 calories a day, lifting heavy 3/4 times a week (with minimal cardio) and It seems I have lost inches!! I say 'seems' because I'm not actually measuring myself, but instead using clothes to gage my progress.

No lie- I bought a shirt the week I started and it 'barely' fit- super tight in the arms, the chest, the back, and yes the tummy area.... I actually kept the tag and receipt because I was going to return it. Well, yesterday I thought I would try it on once more before returning it (4 weeks later) and it fits super well!!! The arms are lose, the chest fits nicely, barely showing any back fat, and lose around the belly! I actually tore the tag and wore it out to dinner! I couldn't believe it, my husband couldn't believe it, and my brother who hadn't seen me in weeks couldn't believe it!

I am amazed and super pumped to continue on this journey!

I must say though, I did weigh myself for the first time in 4 weeks and I had gained 3.3 pounds... But I don't even care!!

Tonight I went out to dinner and wore a blazer I used to wear 'open', but I actually could button it in the front and it looked great!!

I still am a major work in progress, and have set my mind to a long term change (wishing to look my best come my 1 year wedding anniversary in December 16th), and I'm more motivated than ever!

I should also mention I have increased weights in almost all my workouts- up an average of 20-40lbs per machine (even doing 100lbs in the outer/inner thigh machine) and 15lbs in Dumbbells (doing 25lbs dumbbell curls!!. )Yay!!"
  • Jennbecca33
    Options
    Reposting this incredible NSV from FRJM:

"In January I had body stat analysis done at the gym, started following EM2LW and became a regular at the gym/running club again. My weight on the scales has fluctuated a few pounds up and a few pounds down but today it was exactly the same as in January. BUT here is the results of the body stat analysis which shows major progress and I now couldn't care less about the scale...

Bodyfat 34.8% in Jan...25.5% today
    Lean muscle 65.2% in Jan...74.5% today
    BMR 1336 in Jan...1418 today

This is me that was losing hope by trusting the scales. I was scared it wasn't working. I really thought if I'd lost any fat it would show on the scales.... this is proof that the number on those scales is rubbish!!!! Yippee for EM2LW"
  • Jennbecca33
    Options
    Reposting this super NSV from Noor13!!

"Wow it has been three years now that I started my journey with EM2WL. And with that comes a huge NSV-three years of being binge free. I gained quite a bit of strength along my way as well. So grateful to have found this wonderful way of life. And a big thank you to Kiki and Lucia!"
  • Jennbecca33
    Options
    Reposting this NSV from grkathena82!!

"This is what I shared with my Facebook friends today: I'm at my lowest weight since May 2013. I think sometimes people look at me and say, "Oh Athena's put on weight...". Well, yes I did...on purpose, and twice at that. Since May of 2012 I've put on 25 pounds ON PURPOSE. Not because I don't exercise and not because I eat too much. My metabolism was so damaged from eating 1000-1200 calories a day that I had to let it heal, which meant eating at maintenance for an extended period of time. But given that my body initially viewed "maintenance" as "surplus" I gained. Now I've been seeing a steady (and slow) downward trend in both weight and inches by eating approx. 2000 calories a day, two days a week max of HIIT, and 3-4 days of heavy lifting. I see a lot of them killing themselves with cardio and under-eating. Hopefully I'll manage to convert someone, or at least get them thinking!"
  • cd_va
    cd_va Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm so scared starting out, but reading these NSVs gives me courage for the journey. Thanks!
  • andymcclure
    andymcclure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Here's a bittersweet NSV for me...

About 6 weeks ago, I had to stop wearing my wedding ring, because it kept falling off.

Now I have to decide what to do about it. I do not want to get the ring resized, as it was my grandfather's ring and has a pretty decent history of its own. The less-permanent solutions I've found online are less than great (plastic tubes, metal clips, etc.)

I would like to wear it again, but not by fattening up my fingers!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    NSV: I've been doing Jessie Hilgenberg's home edition workouts, and am on my second round. I'm finally starting to lean out. I can see baby bicep bumps, my quads are peeking out, and my back/shoulders actually look huge when flexed. And yesterday, I completed all my push ups ON MY FEET INSTEAD OF MY KNEES!! I did big girl push ups, and survived! Next up: unassisted pull ups!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love all of these NSV's!! Way to go everyone!!
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    my wedding ring fits again
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    my nsv my wedding band fits again
  • nmmom2
    nmmom2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Have been following the plan for a week and a half. Only lost 1.5lbs on the scale, but 2 inches off my waist and hips:) Yippee
    I have been a slave to the scale for a long time, sometimes weighing myself multiple times a day, but not anymore.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Today I put my boxing gloves back on (after a long hiatus, due to a broken marriage and a broken finger) and holy cow I rocked my workout. I haven't felt that powerful in a long, long time. I did a mix of boxing and kickboxing and the three men in the gym stopped to watch me at different points of my workout and all told me they'd never want to meet in a dark alley. My hooks are lethal. :) That felt amazing.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Today I put my boxing gloves back on (after a long hiatus, due to a broken marriage and a broken finger) and holy cow I rocked my workout. I haven't felt that powerful in a long, long time. I did a mix of boxing and kickboxing and the three men in the gym stopped to watch me at different points of my workout and all told me they'd never want to meet in a dark alley. My hooks are lethal. :) That felt amazing.

Feeling strong and rocking a workout like that is an amazing NSV! It beats any number on the scale!
  • forourfuture
    forourfuture Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started clean eating (90/10% of the time) about 7 weeks ago, last week while driving in the car I noticed my thigh spread (ladies you know, how big your thighs look when your sitting down!) is getting noticeably smaller. And since my thighs and bat wings are two of the least favorite parts on my body, this is a big NSV!!!
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    I started clean eating (90/10% of the time) about 7 weeks ago, last week while driving in the car I noticed my thigh spread (ladies you know, how big your thighs look when your sitting down!) is getting noticeably smaller. And since my thighs and bat wings are two of the least favorite parts on my body, this is a big NSV!!!

Woohoo!!! That is a great NSV to celebrate! WTG @forourfuture! Love this!
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    I just wanted to repost/share this amazing NSV from @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 :

" I'm so thankful to have been shown this way of eating/lifestyle so that I can truly eat and enjoy my workouts too. I may not be where I'd like to be but I'm on the right path and most importantly I know its a lifestyle that I can maintain when I get there."

• TerezaToledo
    Options
    Repost from @beastmode_kitty:
    "Well i've done it! I've been at 2000+ calories now for over a month and have not looked back. I love how I've been feeling and looking these days. I'm setting new PR's almost every week now, and love how strong both mentally and physically that I have become!

I used to always be so skeptical about increasing calories, as I associated it with gaining weight. The number on the scale doesn't define you or your hard work. All it is, is a number! And I've learnt that now. Took me a damn long time, but I finally have done it. So for anyone that think that they can't increase calories, well I got news for ya, you can! Don't be scared. Let go of the stigma, and do it gradually like I did. The results will only work in your favor!"
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Another great NSV from @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 :
    "I've been feeling really strong lately and my body seems to be shaping up differently now (finally). I have been tracking my measurements every week and have been seeing those numbers go down - I'm down about 10" since October (bust, chest, hips, waist & legs) which I'm thrilled about!

PS - I had a PR on bench press last night - 1 set, 5x115# - super pumped for that! I haven't tested my bench press in about a month so I was super happy to see that many reps on a weight I hadn't tested before. My previous best was 1 set, 5x105#."