Daily check in for Keto friends...

Options

Replies

• Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Very bumpy December for me too, so many stressful things coming to a head. So glad you guys share, it feels like I'm in good company! Come on 2016, what have you got in store?
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I went to work today and on the table in the common area (right outside my office door) was a box of dairy milk chocolates, Fererro Roches, Lindor chocolates, two boxes of chocolate covered cookies and dozens of homemade Christmas cookies.

I wanted to scream and throw everything in the garbage. Instead, I resisted until about 2pm and then something happened ... I agreed to try one cookie...

I will get there someday... One day, I will be able to have one treat without opening the floodgates but apparently today was not the day.

I never thought I'd ever be so glad to say goodbye to the Christmas holidays. I just need more uninterrupted time to get into the Keto groove.

I want to lose 40lbs and hope to get there by the end of May, 2016.
  • CdnPaleoGuy
    CdnPaleoGuy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    goal for 2016 is to actually get back to logging my food. 4031isaiah; I'd be happy with 30lbs off. Is there a way to set up the macros here at myfitnesspal? It's been so long I forget :(
  • LeslieinOC
    LeslieinOC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, the last few days weren't as easy as I expected. My FIL passed away suddenly the day after Christmas. Sweets are my go-to when I'm feeling sad or stressed. I did indulge even though nothing tasted all that good! So, today I'm back on the wagon and it has been a great day. No hunger, not overly craving sweets. I've prepped several food items so I'll always have something on hand. I'm feeling encouraged despite the short setback.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It has been a very bumpy December for me. Too many temptations. Too many cookies. Too much booze. Darling husband insists we bake Christmas cookies for when (if) company comes. Now they're in the house and calling my name. I know if I have one- it's all over. When he goes back to work after New Years- he's going to have to take the cookies with him. I just can't have them in the house. Anybody else deal with this?
    . All the time !!! My husband is the worst when bringing sweets into the house ! He tends to "drop and run", as he then leaves for a few days for work.... When that happens, I put the buggers to bed in a nice ziplock or opaque tubberware and put in freezer!

• pwrfl1
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    I went to work today and on the table in the common area (right outside my office door) was a box of dairy milk chocolates, Fererro Roches, Lindor chocolates, two boxes of chocolate covered cookies and dozens of homemade Christmas cookies.

I wanted to scream and throw everything in the garbage. Instead, I resisted until about 2pm and then something happened ... I agreed to try one cookie...

I will get there someday... One day, I will be able to have one treat without opening the floodgates but apparently today was not the day.

I never thought I'd ever be so glad to say goodbye to the Christmas holidays. I just need more uninterrupted time to get into the Keto groove.

I want to lose 40lbs and hope to get there by the end of May, 2016.
    . I'm right there with you ! We will get those 40 off !!!!

• pwrfl1
    edited December 2015
    Options
    LeslieinOC wrote: »
    Well, the last few days weren't as easy as I expected. My FIL passed away suddenly the day after Christmas. Sweets are my go-to when I'm feeling sad or stressed. I did indulge even though nothing tasted all that good! So, today I'm back on the wagon and it has been a great day. No hunger, not overly craving sweets. I've prepped several food items so I'll always have something on hand. I'm feeling encouraged despite the short setback.
    . Sorry for your loss, but happy to see that you were able to rein it in and hop back on the wagon! You can do this- one meal at a time!!!

• CoffeeSalty
    CoffeeSalty Posts: 38 Member
    Options

So sorry for your loss! Condolences to you and your family.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I let people walk all over me. Not happening this time. I'm already walking out the door. Not going to eat over it either. Really looking forward to a time of smooth sailing in my life. Hopefully that will be 2016, even if it is looking to get off to a rocky start! Nothing I can't handle. Happy New Year to all my pals.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    When I was younger I let people walk all over me. Not happening this time. I'm already walking out the door. Not going to eat over it either. Really looking forward to a time of smooth sailing in my life. Hopefully that will be 2016, even if it is looking to get off to a rocky start! Nothing I can't handle. Happy New Year to all my pals.
    . Sounds like you figured out what you need to do to take care of you .....here's to 365 days of choices !!! Happy New Years to you

• 4031isaiah
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    . Sorry for your loss, but happy to see that you were able to rein it in and hop back on the wagon! You can do this- one meal at a time!!!

Ditto!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    goal for 2016 is to actually get back to logging my food. 4031isaiah; I'd be happy with 30lbs off. Is there a way to set up the macros here at myfitnesspal? It's been so long I forget :(

Either scroll down to the bottom of the page and click where it says Nutrition or click at the very top of the page on the number of calories you have remaining. Both should bring you to your macros. Yeah can also set your macros under the Goals option.
  • breezy178
    breezy178 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! New to keto and new to this community. I went paleo/primal back in 2012 and ended up losing 60 lbs like it was nothing. But then my weight loss stopped and I maintained at that weight for about 2 -3. Enter 2015 and a bad relationship and I gained 20 lbs out of (seemingly) nowhere. Going through the whole breakup process now and it sucks... But the best thing I did was discover keto and I realized that this might be the answer to me losing the rest of the weight that I couldn't lose with paleo. This weekend will be the end of my 3rd week and as of this morning I'm down 7.2 lbs! I weigh 177.6 and I'm hoping to get down to 135-145, not quite sure where I want to end up. I just want to be healthy and happy with my body.
    Cheers to 2016
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    breezy178 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! New to keto and new to this community. I went paleo/primal back in 2012 and ended up losing 60 lbs like it was nothing. But then my weight loss stopped and I maintained at that weight for about 2 -3. Enter 2015 and a bad relationship and I gained 20 lbs out of (seemingly) nowhere. Going through the whole breakup process now and it sucks... But the best thing I did was discover keto and I realized that this might be the answer to me losing the rest of the weight that I couldn't lose with paleo. This weekend will be the end of my 3rd week and as of this morning I'm down 7.2 lbs! I weigh 177.6 and I'm hoping to get down to 135-145, not quite sure where I want to end up. I just want to be healthy and happy with my body.
    Cheers to 2016

Break of should motivate you since you'll have some extra time to yourself. Good luck and hope your progress continues.
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »

It always takes time to develop wisdom and figure out what is important to you and stand your ground as the person you are supposed to be.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello fellow ketoers! I have been on this WOE since late October. In an effort to lose weight faster and to stir up a very lazy metabolism, I started eliminating starchy carbs. Lo and behold, the pain and inflammation in my knee from tears in the meniscus suddenly stopped along with the stomach bloat. It took a couple of weeks to get things going and by early December, I started dropping some pounds.

I have been with MFP a while, but it wasn't until December 2014 that I got serious. To date, I have lost 25 pounds. It has been a real struggle this past year finding what works for my aging body to get the pounds to drop. I have learned the hard way that it is not starvation and a ton of exercise! Now that I am eating high fat, moderate protein, and very low carb, I can keep my calorie level between 1200-1500 with macros at 75/20/5 and feel very satisfied. Also, 2x a week lifting heavy with a trainer, coupled with a little cardio, is more than enough exercise.

Anyway, I am glad I found this group today. (I see a few familiar faces from the LCHF group here.) Having others to connect with makes this process so much easier. I have about 30-40 more pounds I'd like to lose and really need the support and camaraderie.

Connie
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Cheers to 2016

Looks like we have similar goals with a similar amount to lose. I'll send you a friend request.
  • breezy178
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    Cheers to 2016

Looks like we have similar goals with a similar amount to lose. I'll send you a friend request.

Awesome!
  • breezy178
    Options
    Hello fellow ketoers! I have been on this WOE since late October. In an effort to lose weight faster and to stir up a very lazy metabolism, I started eliminating starchy carbs. Lo and behold, the pain and inflammation in my knee from tears in the meniscus suddenly stopped along with the stomach bloat. It took a couple of weeks to get things going and by early December, I started dropping some pounds.

I have been with MFP a while, but it wasn't until December 2014 that I got serious. To date, I have lost 25 pounds. It has been a real struggle this past year finding what works for my aging body to get the pounds to drop. I have learned the hard way that it is not starvation and a ton of exercise! Now that I am eating high fat, moderate protein, and very low carb, I can keep my calorie level between 1200-1500 with macros at 75/20/5 and feel very satisfied. Also, 2x a week lifting heavy with a trainer, coupled with a little cardio, is more than enough exercise.

Anyway, I am glad I found this group today. (I see a few familiar faces from the LCHF group here.) Having others to connect with makes this process so much easier. I have about 30-40 more pounds I'd like to lose and really need the support and camaraderie.

Connie

Awesome, Connie! You're doing great.
  • LeslieinOC
    LeslieinOC Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Connie

Hi Connie,
    Glad you found this group! I'm a newbie here myself but have felt very welcomed. I'm doing pretty much the same macros as you and will start back to the gym next week. I've stayed off the scale for a few weeks but my clothes feel looser! I'm learning that sugar really is my enemy, I get terrible headaches the day after eating even small amounts. So here's to a new WOE for 2016 and beyond and 20 pounds less of me to love ;)