Crossfit Victories

Options

Replies

• marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job on the DUs Elegra!
    I'm seeing the benefits of setting up my garage gym. Just PR'd my crossfit total back squat and press. Finally crossed the 600 barrier with 100/200/305! Been wanting to do that for ages.
  • MrsSchaefer2017
    MrsSchaefer2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Attempted to set a 1RM for snatch yesterday for the first time. Got 65lbs. Gotta start somewhere! :#
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    schmidtc03 wrote: »
    Attempted to set a 1RM for snatch yesterday for the first time. Got 65lbs. Gotta start somewhere! :#

Awesome!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    schmidtc03 wrote: »

Great job!
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Got my first bar muscle up last week. 6gs8ip9vv9d4.png
    :)
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    bethlivi wrote: »
    Got my first bar muscle up last week. 6gs8ip9vv9d4.png
    :)

Awesome! Congrats!
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Competed in my first CrossFit competition and did awesome with weights I was worried about! Strung together 5 kipping pull ups for an unbroken PR :smile:
  • lalangela
    lalangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did 14 unbroken DU's! And, 5 strict pullups in a row!!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    lalangela wrote: »
    I did 14 unbroken DU's! And, 5 strict pullups in a row!!

Boom! What a day!
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    DUs finally clicked for me today. I've been able to do a DU for a few months now, but the only way I could string them is with a SU in between each DU, which made any WOD with DUs pure hell. Imagine doing WOD with 200 DUs (100 buy in and 100 buy out) and having to do twice as many SUs along with the DUs.

Well the other day, while totally exhausted at the end of a WOD, I somehow did a couple DUs in a row, and one time even 4. Today we got to work on a weakness instead of doing a true strength workout. I was able to crank out 2 in a row DUs like they were singles and 3-4 were not too hard. I even hit 6 in a row once (I think I may have hit 7 but won't count it as a PR since I'm on sure). I think I finally have it down and just need to work on cleaning everything up and stringing more and more. Really excited.
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    Awesome!
    Out of all my PR's the DU was the most satisfying - took me 2 years but damn I love smashing those babies out now.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I'd been doing SUs in the gym 5-6 days as part of my strength routine, and I'd gotten really fast. Breaking that muscle memory has been very hard.
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Surprised and happy that last night I attempted my first kipping HSPU, I did 3 or so and then my arms started buckling, haha. But I got 'em!
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Well, I just started back up after 2 years away from CF, so that is a victory of sorts in and of itself. I haven't died of rabdo neither, life is good.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    moe0303 wrote: »
    Well, I just started back up after 2 years away from CF, so that is a victory of sorts in and of itself. I haven't died of rabdo neither, life is good.

Sounds like a victory to me!
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    animalldy wrote: »
    Surprised and happy that last night I attempted my first kipping HSPU, I did 3 or so and then my arms started buckling, haha. But I got 'em!

Awesome! You won't look back now!
  • Mummyadams
    Options

Yes it does!
  • moe0303
    Options
    Mummyadams wrote: »

Yes it does!

Thanks, you two.
  • beccapeterson26
    beccapeterson26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New to this group so I thought I would share some of my recent PRs!
    185# squat clean
    50# pull up (chin up grip)
    And a 3:32 Fran time!!

Way to kill it everyone :smiley:
  • moe0303
    Options
    185# squat clean
    50# pull up (chin up grip)
    And a 3:32 Fran time!!

Way to kill it everyone :smiley:

That's awesome. I'm gonna go cry now.