Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Bulletproof coffee really IS delicious.

Yes! And add a tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and
    thank me later! YOU'RE WELCOME! =)
  • UMDavies
    UMDavies Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! It sounds so weird but once you try it there's no going back :lol: I have mine with 20g kerrygold salted butter and 30g coconut oil, with a pinch of salt for electrolytes and some cinnamon over the top. I've had it for breakfast every day for the last six months and I don't see that changing any time soon :)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    OMG, love it!!
    400 ml bulletproof coffee made. Given above and bulletproofexec.com suggested 2T (28g) butter and 1 T coconut or brain octane oil (14g) both looked / sounded like it was for 2 cups of coffee, I halved recipe and made one cup of frothy goodness. I was so excited with the latte looking result I took a photo. Tasted great. I will play with some of the other variations too. Yum! @lithezebra thanks for sharing and inspiring me to buy butter. Will be having more. Buzzing
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I like regular coconut oil fine, but the kind I bought most recently doesn't taste like coconut. Just an idea for those burned out on the flavor. I got it at Walmart for like $13. It's Betterbody Foods Organic Coconut Oil "naturally refined". It's a neutral flavor. The tub is 1.75L so it's a big tub.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    Have yet to try BPC because of time of day (caffeine) & being a purest in being in a fasted state. I just don't have enough kcals to spare into liquids.

If it works, it works

Some people make it with tea or broth. Could get around the caffeine that way.
    I personally know that I couldn't keep my total calories down through the day if it weren't for my Keto coffee every morning. It completely kills any hunger for hours and hours so that I can easily have smaller portions the rest of the day and don't feel the need for snacks.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    CMYKRGB wrote: »

I'll give that a try. It sounds yummy!
  • lithezebra
    Options
    OMG, love it!!
    400 ml bulletproof coffee made. Given above and bulletproofexec.com suggested 2T (28g) butter and 1 T coconut or brain octane oil (14g) both looked / sounded like it was for 2 cups of coffee, I halved recipe and made one cup of frothy goodness. I was so excited with the latte looking result I took a photo. Tasted great. I will play with some of the other variations too. Yum! @lithezebra thanks for sharing and inspiring me to buy butter. Will be having more. Buzzing

Yay! You're welcome.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    CMYKRGB wrote: »

Oh I do this all the time. Yum!
    I also do vanilla and pumpkin spice sometimes...different but yummy too.

I really love the butter in the coffee with the CO. For a long time I just did CO, but I had to stir every time because I was too lazy to put it in the blender. I put butter in there with it and they actually mix into the coffee and stay! I don't have to stir before every sip. Wahoo!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out how to do BPC at work--I make some at home with French press coffee and my regular blender (for me, for some reason, the immersion blender never emulsified it enough--I may as well have been stirring it with a spoon), but when it's gone, it's gone. I'd like to be able to make more mid-day in lieu of lunch sometimes, but I never knew how to go about it. Now that you mention the shaker cup, maybe I'll try that. I know @KnitOrMiss used to make her Bulletproof Tea in a plain old water bottle, but I'm not brave enough for that--surely I'd burn my poor little hands. What kind of shaker cup do you use, @hsmith0930?
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Isn't it!?!

My problem is that it cranks my fat calories more than I want while I'm in weight loss mode. I want more of my fat calories to come from my own body fat!

My compromise is cutting down to 5 ml of virgin coconut oil and the same of Kerrygold butter. That gives me fewer calories but still the wonderful taste and fat boost.

But when I hit my goal weight, watch out! Keto coffee here I come!
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I feel queasy at the very thought of it! :/
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure out how to do BPC at work--I make some at home with French press coffee and my regular blender (for me, for some reason, the immersion blender never emulsified it enough--I may as well have been stirring it with a spoon), but when it's gone, it's gone. I'd like to be able to make more mid-day in lieu of lunch sometimes, but I never knew how to go about it. Now that you mention the shaker cup, maybe I'll try that. I know @KnitOrMiss used to make her Bulletproof Tea in a plain old water bottle, but I'm not brave enough for that--surely I'd burn my poor little hands. What kind of shaker cup do you use, @hsmith0930?

Be careful with the shaker cup. Hot liquids like to blow the cap open and spray coffee all over you after shaking. I learned that in my first bpc at work attempt
  • SamandaIndia
    Options

Be careful with the shaker cup. Hot liquids like to blow the cap open and spray coffee all over you after shaking. I learned that in my first bpc at work attempt

Full blender makes a significantly frothier and imo yummier bullet proof coffee, at least with my gadgets. Also support warning on shakers especially with a vacuum seal- the steam can cause them to suck in and be hard to dislodge making messiness avoidance quite an art. Good luck.
  • lithezebra
    edited January 2016
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »

Isn't it!?!

My problem is that it cranks my fat calories more than I want while I'm in weight loss mode. I want more of my fat calories to come from my own body fat!

My compromise is cutting down to 5 ml of virgin coconut oil and the same of Kerrygold butter. That gives me fewer calories but still the wonderful taste and fat boost.

But when I hit my goal weight, watch out! Keto coffee here I come!

I'm restraining myself from having it every day, even in maintenance mode, like this morning when I ate 900 calories worth of crustless quiche (made with heavy cream). It's for, um, research purposes, to see how long it takes me to get hungry, or at least I'm telling myself that to make not eating more fun. Seriously, I am not going to eat until I feel hungry, and see how long it takes.
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It IS delicious. I had tried it about six months ago, but it made me queasy, so I gave up on it. I've had it the last couple of days, but only after I had eaten something, and it didn't make me sick at all. Yesterday morning, I had it for breakfast, along with eggs, bacon and cream cheese pancakes. Then I went on a 7-mile hike and felt energized the whole time. Usually at mile 7, I'm beginning to wear down, but I could've hiked a few more miles. I'm definitely a fan!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    KaseyDH83 wrote: »
    It IS delicious. I had tried it about six months ago, but it made me queasy, so I gave up on it. I've had it the last couple of days, but only after I had eaten something, and it didn't make me sick at all. Yesterday morning, I had it for breakfast, along with eggs, bacon and cream cheese pancakes. Then I went on a 7-mile hike and felt energized the whole time. Usually at mile 7, I'm beginning to wear down, but I could've hiked a few more miles. I'm definitely a fan!

Power breakfast!!!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've use a cheap little milk frother. It works well enough to make a work. My problem is finishing it before it gets cold... Coconut Oil and butter is not so pleasant at 68*
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options

I had it for the first time yesterday and I agree it's very good :)
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    I've use a cheap little milk frother. It works well enough to make a work. My problem is finishing it before it gets cold... Coconut Oil and butter is not so pleasant at 68*

Suggest boil extra water and pre heat the french press, mug and anything else the coffee gets near. Helps mine stay hot.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options

Full blender makes a significantly frothier and imo yummier bullet proof coffee, at least with my gadgets. Also support warning on shakers especially with a vacuum seal- the steam can cause them to suck in and be hard to dislodge making messiness avoidance quite an art. Good luck.

lol that was my warning too. I use my ninja to make it at home. the first time I tried it I completely forgot about the hot liquid in a shaker cup thing and it was a disgusting mess. I've been using my hot cocoa maker lately and that works too, I need to order the frother that goes in it.