Purple Team

Options

Replies

• janpuzzle31
    janpuzzle31 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Smoothies sound very delicious.

I came home to a dinner with 4 veg, which my lovely husband had cooked - courgette, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower! As I had salad for lunch and fruit at breakfast I feel full of goodness! I find the water harder because it is cold here at the moment and I want to drink tea or coffee. I sometimes drink hot water as a compromise.

My Lent intention is to use less technology for leisure - so I am restricting myself to a limited time, which at the moment is taken up with tracking foods and reading the forum!
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Becky- I love the smoothie you described. I may make one of those.
    Jan- I love pancakes, kudos for not giving in, each time we say no or ignore a food craving we get stronger and the next time its not so hard.

You are all inspiring me to do better and stay the course. Thanks!!
  • RedVelvette
    RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! How's everyone's Thursday going? I've been away from a computer today, but things seem a little quiet on here... hope everyone's staying positive and HYDRATED!! :-)
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! How's everyone's Thursday going? I've been away from a computer today, but things seem a little quiet on here... hope everyone's staying positive and HYDRATED!! :-)

Morning! Thursday was stressful. I gave in to a donut, sigh. But I did get my water, fruit, and veggies in. And today is Friday, wahoo!
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    It's going Ok here, glad to have got to Friday and next week I am on holiday, which will be lovely. Just spiralised a load of veg for tea, they look pretty! Exercise has been impossible the last few days with long days and evening meetings - sigh.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Evening meetings, yuck!! Meetings are bad enough during a normal work day. Glad you get a break next week!

Next week I am travelling to stay with fellow Purple Team member BJ for the weekend. Haven't been to Tucson in almost 5 years so I'm very excited to go spend a few days with my bestie. Hopefully we can keep each other somewhat on track while I'm there.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Happy Saturday team! Amy exciting plans? I silent Saturday at the mall shoe shopping for my 12 year old son. Lord help me! :smile:
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

How was the shoe shopping?

Last night we went wine tasting, so of course I didn't do no alcohol, then they had pairings with morsels of chocolate for each tasting, so that blew out the no sweets, too. But I'm okay with that, part of this challenge is to know when it's okay to indulge WITHOUT guilt!

We took a long walk at the beach yesterday, will do it again today. The weather is getting warmer, it's supposed to be in the high 70s and sunny so we'll try to beat the crowds.

Other than that, no big plans for the weekend. My husband and I both have tomorrow off for president's day so just trying to enjoy a quiet long weekend...

How's everyone else's weekend going?
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    I'm away from home and have enjoyed a celebration with family, so I am off plan but have still lost a pound this week and clocked up 181 points, which feels good.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Great job Jan! No loss for me and I left my points tally at work, so I'll have to total them up in the morning. I loathe shopping, but we have a satisfied boy so I guess it was successful!

Hubs and I did Italian take out for Valentine's Day to avoid the wait. I am stuffed! Hope to be back on track tomorrow.

It's snowing here (again! ) and currently 16 degrees. So I'm tucked in for the night!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Jan, that's great that you're staying on track and loosing. I haven't lost yet, but have stopped gaining so that's a win!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    And, my points for the week are 162. I could have done better with vegetables, and I didn't make my water goal for two of the days, though have definitely done a lot better with it!
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I completely forgot that yesterday was Sunday. I'm all off with the work week since I had Thursday off. I got 120 points. Did a little better on fruits and vegetables. Will still need to work on more exercises.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Happy Monday team. Looks like we are doing great on our points! Mine for week 2 were 174, and although I didn't lose any, I also didn't gain. I'm also doing great on fruits and veggies, just the exercise component that I need to work on.

I hope you all have a great week and stay warm!
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good week. Having been away I feel nice and relaxed, but I haven't been tracking my food very well and have probably been eating way more than I should! I intend to stick to all the good stuff for the rest of the week. I agree that the challenge is about knowing when to be strictly tracking and when to be free to indulge without guilt.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Hi Jan - Yes we all definitely need a break now and again. Glad you are having a relaxing week!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, everyone! Don't get discouraged about not placing in our points, we were a close 3rd! And a big improvement from the first week!
    I had a little "staycation" and am finally back at work today (since Friday). It's always harder for me to stay on track when I don't have structured time. This is a huge challenge for me, especially with more temptations. But I did make it to dance class last night and took long walks over the weekend so at least I'm trying to remain active. I'm also hoping to make it to dance class tonight.
    How's everyone else's week going so far?
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    I'm really struggling, being on holiday is lovely but the temptation to have sweet things and alcohol is so much greater, plus my activity levels are so much less when I'm not at work. I don't think my points are going to help the team much this week! At least I have had my fruit and veg, that for me is easy because I love all forms and types of fruit/veg. My main downfall is good chocolate (70% cocoa) , nuts and cheese. What do others find the most difficult to resist?
  • wigal23
    Options
    Who doesn't love chocolate, nuts, and cheese? :-) I have trouble resisting desserts too. If it's just me, I'm good. But in a group setting it's hard! I also have certain foods that just taste better with Pepsi or Coke.
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Jan, I hear you! Being on vacation is the hardest for me to stay on track, I think in part because the change of routine, but also because of being around new and different experiences that include food and not wanting to miss out on those experiences. And yes, good chocolate is always the hardest to resist! (with red wine = double-whamey!)