February - Leaping through those workouts!

Replies

• Yesterday I did
    Squat 5x5 60#
    BP 5x5 50#
    Row 5x5 70#

My thighs have been killing me! I need to roll them out today but I decided not to run for a couple days to see if that helps.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    All change!

I suddenly got bored, and decided it's time for a change - and as I started a bit of a deload this week, it seems timely. So - I'm going to give PHUL a shot.

Today - well, first I went on a wee bike ride - just 20 miles, lunch in a cafe, all very civilised.

Then the gym, clutching my new workout sheet. I thought it was going to take ages, but actually, there are fewer sets of everything so it wasn't too bad.

Barbell bench: 3x3 @ 32.kg
    Incline dumbbell press: 3x6 @ 12kg
    bent over row: 3x3 @ 37.5kg
    lat pull down - I did pull ups instead, 3x6 using assistance. Did a few chin ups unassisted, just because...
    OHP: 2x5@ 22.5
    Barbell curl: 2x6 @ 19kg
    skullcrusher: 2x6 @ 19kg

Fun! Nothing too hard to start with. Legs tomorrow...
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Monday is my day off work and I get the house to myself. I procrastinate on doing all the things that need to be done, such as cleaning, by exercising instead.

Early morning KB:
    Goblet Squat: 5x5 at 16kg.
    KB Swing: 22x10 at 16kg.

Followed up with a bit of a jog to test out my calf. It still feels a bit niggly, hoping it will hold together for basketball final on Wednesday night.

Mid morning Stronglifts:
    SQ: 5x5 at 37.5kg. Felt comfortable.
    BP: 5x5 at 30kg. These felt nice and strong. I'm approaching the weight I failed at last time (31kg), hoping I'll get through it in a couple of workouts.
    BR: 5x5 at 37kg. Although I completed the sets, I'm going to stay at this weight for the next workout.

Think I might take a nap now. :smile:
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    was really tired today and i think the week off has had an effect. i've been forgetting to eat very consistently for a couple days too <--- story and sticking to it.

press 55 squat 55, deadlift 125. i think i got the dl to 125. i liked the form but i really felt like the last set were heavy. did dimel deadlifts and tons of air/goblet squats to warm up, and quite a bit of lat/pulldown work too.

it may be the lack of creatine. i don't think i've been keeping that up during this on-my-bum week. and when i got on the scale WITH my big water bottle it said 135.4. when i put the water bottle down it said 134. that's at least 2 pounds of difference, if not more. so does kind of sound like a whoosh happened while my mind was on something else.

anyway. scattered or not, i feel as if i worked OUT.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Working out at the gym after work tonight, but got up early this morning to do day 3 of 100 for #run2remember. 2 miles done. 23 mins, so not fast, but steady and that's what will see me through the remaining 97 days!

Will report back later after lifting.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    @kimiuzzell do you have a set amount of miles to run each day, or just what you can manage to run 100 days?
  • kimiuzzell
    It's a minimum of 2 miles a day for 100 consecutive days. Doesn't sound far but without a rest day, it is going to be tough! When I was a runner before, I would happily run 3 or 4 times a week but that also gave me 3 or 4 days off each week, of course!!!

Also, I don't want it to be instead of lifting... It's got to be an extra for me, not a replacement. So, some time management involved as well as the rest!! It can be outdoors or treadmill running, so I expect I will be doing some of each in order to fit it in.

I am determined to do my very best!!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    02/20 - Day 8 (I just noticed that the Stronglifts app repeated one of my days on the "history" tab, so last time I posted my days it was incorrect. Odd glitch.)
    SL5X5 - B

Squat: 5x5 80lb
    OHP: 2x5 50lb 3x3 50lb (I kept failing after the 3rd rep. Maybe I'll get it next time.)
    DL: 1x5 120lb

02/22 - Day 9
    SL5x5 - A

Squat: 5x5 85lb
    Bench: 5x5 65lb
    Row: 5x5 80lb (I tried going for 85lb, but after 1 rep I just knew I wasn't ready for it yet and deloaded.)

I'm happy with my progress so far. I couldn't believe I was able to bench 65lb.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 95/105/115, 5X5X 125
    Sumo squats-5X5X 110
    BP-1X5X 65/70/75, 5X5X 80
    0HP-1X5X 45/50/55, 5X5X 60
    BR-5X5X 85
    DL-135

It was workout A today but I decided to only deload on the DL because I felt strong enough to work with Max weight on the other lifts.
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    I upgraded my phone on the weekend and lost all my SL stuff. I had to deload today because of my back, hips, arm hurting and having an adjustment at the chiro on the weekend. No longer in serious pain, but shoulder is sore and one knee. The awesomeness of getting older!
    I just randomly picked a number and just want to see how it would go...

Squats 135 pds 5x5 (I couldn't bring myself to get rid of my big boy plates :neutral: )
    BP 60 pds 5x5
    DL 135 pds 1x5 (I didn't think the shoulder would take the barbell row, so I did DL)

I feel good, a bit sore and I have been cracking my back all afternoon lol. I go back to the chiro tomorrow, and hopefully things will be right as rain.
  • fanncy0626
    I hope you feel better! Sometimes it takes a day or two for the Chiropractor to kick in.
  • Ariadnula
    PHUL day 2

It's fun to just do a few new things!

Squats: 3x3 @ 70kg
    Deadlift: 1x3 @ 70kg, 2x3 @ 60kg
    Leg press: 3x10 @ 55kg
    Leg curl: 3x6 @ 20kg
    Calf exercises: 4x6
  • kimiuzzell
    Went to gym after work...

SQ 5/5/5/4/5 @62.5kgs gutted not to gave got the full set.
    BP 5X5 @40KG no worries there
    BR 5X5 @40 kgs.
    Lat Pulldown 2x8@33kg
    Seated rows 2x8@33kg
    Tricep extension 8/8/5@17.5kg

• Ariadnula
    I've been thinking: where is @krokador ? Come back, krok, I miss your crazy workouts...
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Long days for me. I ended up sleeping in yesterday only to get up to a text message asking if I could go in early, which meant grab everything and go. Ended up with a 10 hour shift in total. Then, our cashier called in for this morning, while one agreed to come in earlier than scheduled (she thought she was working 8 am anyways so wasn't a big deal to do that instead of 10 am) it would have been just her and one manager for a couple of hours. So, I went in on my day off, today, which ended up being just under 3 hours total. Not bad and I'm on overtime, but still no full day off now until Tuesday next week.

I did, however, still go lift weights last night. I was going to run today but it was foggy and cold, plus I was tired so instead I took a nap. Last night was deadlifts, so fun fun. No one ever comes in late and it was Sunday so decided to have hip thrusts on this day of my peak cycle. Right as I was getting set up... someone came in to lift. Awkward. Nice guy though as I've seen him before. He introduced himself later but I forgot his name pretty much right away. I'm not good with names. I'll probably see him again one of these weeks. Anyways... Lifting!

Chapter 1: Deadlifts

band pull apart warm up 3x8
    low bar squats 2x8 @ 45, 2x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 115, 3x5 @ 35

Deadlift 1x5 @ 135 rdl, 1x5 160, 4x5 @ 170

hip thrust 3x10 @ 115 - oww, need a pad for that bar cause hit a spot on my hip that just hurt

leg press 3x8 @ 225

pallof press 2x8 @ 20 - tried to see what it was like

Just under 8 weeks now until the meet. Coming soon I'm going to be looking at belts and the singlet I'll have to wear. Fun times.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Just under 8 weeks now until the meet. Coming soon I'm going to be looking at belts and the singlet I'll have to wear. Fun times.

this is exciting to be a witness to. i'm on rest day, but just felt like sayin'. also, yes: moar krokador!!
  • Ariadnula
    this is exciting to be a witness to.

Isn't it? I'll all excited for you, @DawnEmbers

• fanncy0626
    Ditto that Dawn! And I know the last time Krokador checked in she said she was very busy.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I did upper power PHUL this morning. I upped almost every lift and did a 100lb bench! Woohoo!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    This morning's lifts were hard! I did them, but it took a long time because I required the long rest period for each lift. I'm glad I did it, though.

Squat: 2x5x45, 1x5x95, 1x3x115, 5x5x135
    OHP: 2x5x45, 5x5x80
    Dead: 1x5x145

Tomorrow: Cardio
    Thursday: There may be a squat failure in my future.