Lottie's Fitness Journal

Options

Replies

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    This is totally a side note, but when I make too much food I freeze leftovers into portions so we don't get sick of eating the same thing for days. I actually cook too much food frequently because it makes meals easier down the road...all i have to do is thaw and reheat. No prep involved.
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jillian
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree...do not push it with the knees...I did...ugghh its the worst. Be very careful, completely up to you obviously, but one more day of rest on the knees may help from a more serious injury! Have a great day!!!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Thanks quzzdragon and cmr3399 you may be right class is just once a week but I don't want to hurt again so I guess it's walking again today. Thanks for the advice.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Well I didn't go to Zumba, so I did the DVD "Walk Away the Pounds" brisk two mile walk. I ordered a new scale from Amazon, it's a Garmin so it will interface with my Garmin Viofit. I read the reviews and I can't wait to get it. It gives you a lot of information other than just weight. I know it was expensive but it's a tool to get to my goal and it will be worth it.

Tomorrow if I can't walk outside I will try a new DVD I've done this one four days I think and I need to change it up.

I'm still dealing with stuff regarding paperwork for when my husband died. I thought I was done and now something else came up. It ruined my morning. I called my daughter and she reined me in and reminded me that I was strong. So I worked on the problem, after I was done I did my workout.

I'm trying so hard to get my self back on track. I'm watching the food and doing some exercise. I hope the scales will show some downward number.

I don't know why but I'm starting to get nervous. Weigh in is March 1st.

I hope you all had a great Monday. Have you noticed that TOTAL DETERMINATIONS the creator of this community says he's banned. I miss him.
  • jessicakahn606
    jessicakahn606 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A work out is still a work out! Walking is still better than nothing! :) and your daughter is right you are strong! Stronger than you realize! You always have people here willing to support you as well! I hope March 1 goes well for you! I try and weigh in weekly but I often look early so I think it is amazing you do it monthly! :)

I also noticed that Total Determination was banned! I read the posting forum rules and the site has a right to ban you after breaking its policies! I don't know... I thought all posts from him were very supportive and helpful!
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you took a break. Sorry about the paperwork. My fiance died very unexpectedly 2 years ago, a month before our wedding, and I still get bills, letters, paperwork, etc for him. It stings every time I open the mailbox and see his name on an item. But you press on. I envy you. It took me forever to try to find myself again. Bravo for finding help and having a great support system.

Hope today is better for you.....
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Friends, family, and exercise are some of the best ways to deal with grief, loss, and other emotional rollercoasters - both good and bad. I'm glad your daughter could be there for you. I hope you found that walking and moving your body helped calm you and re-center you. If you stick to your goals I know you'll reap the rewards. We're all rooting for you!!!

I was going to tell you not to fear March 1st (that's my weigh-in day too) but I think it's natural to feel this anticipation. Remember a number is just a number and you will always have a goal. If your goal is to lose, then that's what you aim for. If you goal is to maintain, that's your number. But no matter what you'll always have a goal. Don't fear it. Embrace it.

Rooting for you!!! Seriously - doing a little dance cheer for you. If I had pompoms they'd be out. :p
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Thanks Jessica, cmr3399 and quzzdragon I love having your support. You would not believe how beautiful the weather is here today, so I took my doggie stroller out with Jax and Wickit, put my fav Guardians of the Galaxy on my music and tried a new app Mapmywalk.

lrfza2kmauut.png

I thought I did pretty well. I worked up quite a sweat B) .

I've really stepped up on working out every day, walking right now but it's getting to be a habit. This is really reaching a goal even though I didn't reach the minutes that my nutricianist set out, considering my knees I feel that I did okay the goal was to WORK OUT and I did that!!!!!!

Love you all have a great day :D
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Great walk! I love the MapMy apps. I use the one that has them all combined because it's closest to the CardioTrainer that I used to use. I love seeing all the stats at the end. Glad to hear your knees are feeling well enough to get out and about for an hour of walking!
  • mimi2974
    mimi2974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job! Hope the nice weather stays!
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hey Lottie
    I have just read your story and I have to say, you are an inspiration to me. The way you are being so pro active about managing your grief as well as tackling healthy eating and exercise is just amazing. Like you I have dodgy knees that fill with fluid every 10 days (they say because of my weight but who knows). I used to get really down about it but now i manage it as it comes up and then move ahead when i can. Keep going on your awesome journey. You will reach your goals and then some. I'll be watching with interest ready to cheer you on and support you all the way
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    @khatmott thanks for your support. Yesterday was my last weekly grief meeting. We had lunch after and I ate too much , over calories. Ive only had that twice. I don't like it. Tonite the previous grief group fixed dinner for us. Unknown menu, I don't want to go over again. I weigh in next week. Tried my new scale today I love the scale but not the news. I need to do research on all the information given. The weight hasn't budged much. Unless I kick but the rest of week I probably won't have much of a loss. Not feeling well. My ears hurt, and I have another headache. Did a breathing treatment but I don't feel relief. I will update later it's early here 8:45 AM.
  • Kell2912
    Options
    DOn't forget you are doing more activity and therefore gaining some muscle. That will offset any fat loss you have on the scales as muscle is heavier. I'm having that issue at the moment
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Also don't forget: Not losing for a week is NOT failure. Giving up is the only way you can fail. Give your body some time to adjust to your work-out and food regimen and adjust from there. Slow, steady, and determined!

Sorry you don't feel well. Hope the treatment and any other pain meds you might have taken help. When my ears hurt I put a wet washcloth in the microwave until it's warm (but not too hot that you can touch it) and hold it against my ear (reheat as necessary).
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Wow I never have tried the wash cloth thing for ears I am so going to try it. Thanks @quzzdragon ! The thing is was weighing once a month. Granted I weighed early but no weight loss for a whole month seems devastating. But I am going to start weighing daily, now that I have a new scale. I wasn't going to do that cause it can start your day negatively. But it does show the % of water, bone and muscle weight too. I'm not sure on this, what do the rest of you do??? Weigh daily, weekly or monthly?

I know the more fit you become with exercise the more muscle and less fat so scales are not the best measurement. But it's in my head ,the scale and pounds loss has always been the standard of success.

@quzzdragon and @khatmott I appreciate your feedback so much. You are the best!!!! Thanks for being my cheerleader and voice of reason :D
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Lottie I weigh a couple times a day at least but don't really count anything. I like to see how much water I sweat out for my workouts. The real marker for me is a naked weigh in every morning. By doing this daily it keeps me on track. It helps me know what foods make me gain weight and what help me lose weight. My recorded weigh in for MFP is Monday morning. I'm a weekend social kind of guy. This is when I drink beer and typically eat the worst so Monday morning gives me the most honest weight.
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    I completely understand your frustration with that annoying number on the scale. How are you feeling though? Are you noticing a change in your physical or mental health that isn't shown in those numbers? That's just as important as the numerical weight loss. You mentioned on the 21st that your clothes were fitting better - is that still true? I used to walk every morning with my mom (when I was still living at home) and I noticed a change in my waist, but not a difference in weight.

Hope you're feeling better today. Have a great on!
  • Kell2912
    Options
    Its all a matter of how you feel. I'm going to post something here for you that you can think about
    1aev48eqlkte.jpg
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    @khatmott thank you for sharing this with me. I need to read this a lot. Bless you!