Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a while, but it's nice to see that this thread seems to have come back to life.

I am continuing my on again off again pattern on MFP. I just finished a big project at work and have a dr appointment in a couple of weeks about starting T, so I'm feeling pretty motivated right now.
  • umpteenthtimesacharm
    Options
    So I kept my promise to myself and went to the gym first thing this morning to do the run/walk. Also, did a half hour on the elliptical. Had some good podcasts to listen to so the time went by quickly.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So yesterday didn't go to hot. Got out of class at 12 then had to work for a few. Went home to let the dogs out and hung out til my fiancée got home. We were gonna go to the gym but she had a stressful day so she just napped for 3 hours. I wanted to spend time with her so I didn't go myself thinking we'd go when she got up... But I guess not. Bleh. But we went and got dog's meat and picked up one of the sled dogs I'll be adopting after her retirement.

Lessened learned : never wait for someone else.
  • TehLaughingDog
    Options
    Bah. I had our a nice long reply to you @umpteenthtimesacharm and also one to you @nuttyengineer but it got deleted I guess? Ahaha. I'll type it out again later
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I did 21 Day Fix - Power Strength Extreme and Insanity - Cardio Power & Resistance workouts today. I've been doing a lot of jumping and intense workouts lately and now my calves are screaming. Rest day tomorrow (just some yoga and stretching) :)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Went to the farmer's market today and bought a ton of fresh veggies, so excited!
  • anthophora
    anthophora Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Had a tough week on the fitness angle. Will be traveling for a few days for work so will take a break from logging (but will still try to be good!).

Yesterday, started back with strong lifts 5x5. Squats 5x5x280; bench 5x5x225 and nice fast 1.5 mile run. A little sore today but not too much. Felt good to get back after a bad week.
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @vollans: That is fantastic! Congrats! How long did you have to train for it?

I signed up for it just before Christmas, so I've been working on it since then. And seeing as I'd not cycled in 25 years, and not swam in 14 years, and hate running, it was a bit of a challenge. Glad to have done it. And I'll probably do another one at some point as well.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Ready to start Monday everyone? :)
  • acushhh
    acushhh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lost 2.2 lbs this last week!! Pretty happy with that considering I did not exercise as much as i would have liked. Feeling much more motivated this week!!
  • wtw0n
    Options
    ^ Excellent!

I did 21 Day Fix - Upper Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix - 10-Minute Fix For Abs and Insanity - Pure Cardio today. I still have energy left lol But 80 minutes of cardio is more than enough. Food wise not going that well 'cause I'm broke.
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It has been a while since I have checked it. I am finally back on track with my exercising and hopefully I can keep motivated. I hiked 10 miles on Saturday and have been biking and doing some strength training in between. I wish I had more time to go hiking but I only really have time once a week. Having new gadgets always makes things more fun so I recently purchased a Garmin Vivoactive and am having fun figuring it out. I FINALLY have a surgery date and will be having top surgery done by Dr. Garramone on June 7th. 98 more days!!! I would like to lower my body fat percentage some before then and will have to plan ahead for the recovery time since I will be out of commission for about 6 weeks. I have been thinking about getting a personal trainer but my anxiety really makes that hard. I typically like the adventure of getting outdoors but I would really like to put on some muscle weight. Maybe I can manage to work both in at some point.
  • wtw0n
    Options
    Still going strong and doing all the exercises I have planned to do :) Eating should be better in the weekend when I can finally buy some food.
  • anthophora
    Options
    Took 3 days off from logging and exercise due to travel for work (a lame excuse I know.)

Had a great workout today though. Continuing to increase in my lifts and running is getting faster. Back to the Keto diet too.
  • anthophora
    Options
    I hiked 10 miles on Saturday and have been biking and doing some strength training in between. I wish I had more time to go hiking but I only really have time once a week.

Good for you for getting out. If I had the time, I would just hike, mountain bike and/or cross-country ski every day for a workout.

Congrats on the surgery date...Really exciting!

• awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    anthophora wrote: »
    Back to the Keto diet too.

That's great! I previously did really well on Keto. I have been thinking about going that route again. The main thing that is stopping me is that I already have enough trouble keeping enough calories in me when on long hikes and that is with having protein bars and nuts on hand to keep me fueled while out. I have no idea how I could manage the long hikes with cutting carbs. I am sure it can be done thought. Maybe I will give it a shot.

anthophora wrote: »
    Good for you for getting out. If I had the time, I would just hike, mountain bike and/or cross-country ski every day for a workout.

Thanks! The adventure really gets me going! I have really bad anxiety and nature helps a lot. If I could get out there every day I would. I could probably manage a small hike or mountain biking trip every day but once I get out there I just want to keep going and I don't have time for that. I have off every Friday and Saturday so on days that my girlfriend is at work, I try to get outside a bit. There is a park in our neighborhood that has some nice gravel trails so I try to do that during the week. I read your profile and it looks like you have some similar goals to mine. I just really want to be fit so I can do ALL the outdoorsy stuff. I would love to try some new things and really want to travel places and explore different national parks and stuff!
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Checking in today <3 Tried to make a smoothie today, accidently made ice cream. oops.
  • wtw0n
    Options
    Tomorrow can't come soon enough. I need foooood. But, I still exercised today.
  • acushhh
    acushhh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Met with my personal trainer last night....I had trouble wanting to go - but after i left the gym, i felt soooo good!

Also, did you guys know that its possible for even your armpits to be sore??? SO SORE all over today!!
  • TehLaughingDog
    Options
    I really suck at this whole daily check in thing. :D

Aaaaanyways, started training for a mountain mud run 5K in June. Pretty stoked cause I haven't been in a race for a minute and after this season of helping with the sled dogs I feel like I've really learned a lot about pacing and endurance training. My Achilles was tight yesterday during my run so I stopped at 16 minutes and will be off today as well - resuming tomorrow since it's an old problem site. Pretty upset about that actually and keep wanting to push it today since it's hard for me to slow down since I loooove working myself so hard. So instead I'll be doing yoga then out with my dog today for walks and I need to get my damn snowshoes for some winter hikes. I hate not being able to get out in the woods cause the snow is up to your waist. But my Aussie pulled a sled for the first time the other day - he had no idea what was going on but when the dogs were going forward he got it. I'm so proud ahaha. Anyways, I need more protein powder - my macros aren't hitting and I'm pretty upset about that...

I got the girlfriend running too which I'm thrilled about! She's been depressed lately and I know my borderline doesn't help because I get impatient. I know she has it in her if she can dig it out. And her pace already is fast - just needs to fix her running form (a little too sloppy and loose) and get her to be more efficient movement wise (arms swinging right and hips not being so loose). I can see her getting good times eventually for runs and I'm really excited for that.

Um... And things are thawing!!! Soon it'll be bikejouring weather with the dogs, fishing, hiking, jogging OUTSIDE, camping, kayaking, etc etc. Ugh I can't wait. 50s next week - I'll be going crazy to try and get out. I wish I could get out on the sled more but I think we won't have snow soon so that makes me very sad. I'm just nervous trying to hunt down internships for myself for the summer but there is a predator-prey one going on an hour from home focusing on bear, coyote, and wolves on deer populations I saw posting up yesterday. I hope it works out for it. Otherwise it'll be a job in town and me trying to save up for an ATV or a new mountain bike when I should be saving up for our move to NC next summer.

Hope y'all have fun and get some insane gains!