Daily check in

Options

Replies

• ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    msty112 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a good day for me following my binge on Wednesday. I didn't under eat either which I have a habit of doing post binge. Going to make it 2 days in a row today!

Awesome, great job! I also have a tendency to restrict post-binge, but then I end up binging again so I've made it a goal for the last few months to try to break out of this pattern and not try to overcompensate. It can be hard though! Keep up the great work!
  • ab6046
    Options
    I binged.

Thursdays, we have a "thing". It's called Thursday Crazies. It's a whole crowd of couples. We do a themed potluck. Tonight it's comfort food. I made mashed taters (with real butter, cream cheese, and sour cream) and smothered cake, which is pound cake smothered in fruit and pudding. I HATE this get together. Don't freak out, mweckler, but I hate cooking! And being already stressed, plus having big, painful cuts on both hands, plus did I mention I hate cooking? How am I supposed to not taste the potatoes? Or the components of the cake? And once you start.....

I'm trying to calm down now. I didn't binge as badly as I have in the past. Still, it makes me furious with myself. So stupid of me to fall into this trap. And now, I have to go face a room full of tempting foods and obnoxious, pretentious people :(

Forgive my Negative Nancy moment, please, Ab. I'll get through this, but dammit! I'd rather stay home & binge watch season 6 of Downton Abbey.

You can be a Negative Nancy any day, and you are not even negative! In any case, we all have bad days. It sounds like your circumstances were tough, but you still did a good job of facing it. I think it's great you didn't go home and totally demolish everything in site...that's what I would have done! Keep up the great work!
  • ab6046
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Today I woke up extremely hungry and exhausted. No energy at all. On days like this, I usually binge. I decided to have a good breakfast, and I was fine for a couple of hours. Then very hungry again. Ate again. Now starting to feel some urges. It's only 12:30. The good news is I have to leave for an appointment in an hour. The bad news is, I have to leave for an appointment in an hour. The urges aren't that strong, and I think I can keep it in check. I usually don't feel physically hungry, so I think as long as I eat when I feel that I should be okay? I don't know. I really don't want to binge today. I feel like for some reason, today I will be strong enough to pull through and I usually don't feel that way. Sorry for rambling, I just figured if I wrote then maybe I wouldn't go for the mozzarella that is calling my name.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Over 2 months major binge free... some minor ones, but nothing to write home about... Last night, a semi-major one... and the feeling that the daily binge urge is back. Godamn it.....

-Eeyore-eeyore-35356863-200-200.jpg
  • ab6046
    Options
    Oh no, so sorry to hear that! Well you have a good two months under your belt. You can strive for another two! One day doesn't need to set you off on long rampage!
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    ab6046 wrote: »
    Oh no, so sorry to hear that! Well you have a good two months under your belt. You can strive for another two! One day doesn't need to set you off on long rampage!

Ah, thanks.... but you know that feeling.... it's like someone with arthritic joints predicting the weather.... I can feel the binge coming on. I just have no idea how to freakin' stop it.

wile-e-coyote.jpg

• msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Needed a snack this afternoon. Had a English muffin with butter. Not the best choice and I will be over on calories but it didn't turn into a binge!
  • ab6046
    Options
    msty112 wrote: »
    Needed a snack this afternoon. Had a English muffin with butter. Not the best choice and I will be over on calories but it didn't turn into a binge!

That's incredible, congrats!
  • ab6046
    Options
    sloth3toes wrote: »
    ab6046 wrote: »

Ah, thanks.... but you know that feeling.... it's like someone with arthritic joints predicting the weather.... I can feel the binge coming on. I just have no idea how to freakin' stop it.

wile-e-coyote.jpg

I do know
  • ab6046
    Options
    Oops not sure what happened, I think I posted without finishing or something glitchy is going on. Anyway, I hope that your inkling is wrong! I do know the feeling though and it's not a good one.
  • daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bad day for me...probably up there in my top 5 worst days.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I can definitely notice a change when I do not take my medication. Decide to wait and see how the day went since I had no real plans. Well both small children were driving my anxiety levels way up and I felt the urge to binge creeping up through me. So I tried to wait it out took me medication then gave in. It was not as bad as it could have been. Luckily I realized what was happening before it got too bad.
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    I can definitely notice a change when I do not take my medication. Decide to wait and see how the day went since I had no real plans. Well both small children were driving my anxiety levels way up and I felt the urge to binge creeping up through me. So I tried to wait it out took me medication then gave in. It was not as bad as it could have been. Luckily I realized what was happening before it got too bad.

Is your medication not prescribed to take daily? Or is it prescribed to take 'as needed?'
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was told if I did not want to take it on the weekends I did not need to. It is fast acting stimulant that wears off after about 12 hours.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are having a rough day. Today is going well so far but I'm going out to dinner tonight so I am a bit nervous. I hate that eating out give me anxiety
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well, I never finished my food diary yesterday, nor will I finish it today. Just no time! Weekends are super crazy for me. Had our Downton binge last night. Watched all of season 6! T'was awesome! I did indulge in a BIG bowl of popcorn(no regrets-I love popcorn!) And a slice of my smothered cake. Then my husband fed it to the dogs (it was not chocolate) to keep me from losing control.

Sloth3toes, I know aaaaaalllll too well that feeling of impending doom. It's like you're watching the train barreling down the track but you can't make yourself jump out of the way. That's how my dogs ended up with half a cake! I knew I was going to lose control. Sadly, I couldn't make myself give the cake to my dogs. I wanted to gobble the whole thing up!

Now, I am off to dinner. Mexican. Luckily, our local eatery offers a veg fajita that's not too bad calorie-wise and is delicious!

Hope y'all have a great evening :)

• irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    Checking in. Nothing much to report. Thought it was going to be warm and sunny in Virginia today. Nope. But tomorrow should warm up, and I plan on a nice long walk. Today? I'm hibernating. Brrrr!

How are y'all?
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    I did ward off any potential binge urges last night. I made a double batch of Sugar Free Jello ( Red, if it makes any difference :huh: ) and scarfed down probably at least half of it myself. Which would be a grand total of about 40 calories, since the entire ingredient list is all chemicals. :expressionless: I certainly don't see this as a long term solution... red jello is pretty !#$%&? boring. As a side note.... I really only have strong binge urges after dinner. Not that I'm particularly moderate if I hit the snack foods during the day.... but, generally not to binge proportions. The binges, for me, are always after dinner. Is that weird:grey_question:
  • daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Did well yesterday but today was really bad. Worked my last shift at the concession stand for the year, so I'm glad I'm able to remove that temporarily.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    I work concessions at my daughter's home volleyball games. Luckily, I usually work it with two other women, so I can't pick at the nachos, cupcakes, or hot dogs. I'm always glad when volleyball season ends. One of my two jobs is as a preschool aid. One of my duties has been preparing snack for the preschoolers. That was a real challenge. Endless boxes and bags of cookies, cereals, and Goldfish. I finally asked to be relieved of that chore. My other job is as an announcer at the local, small town radio station. People are always bringing us food. It's damn near impossible some days.

Sloth, I wish I could make myself binge on something like carrots or tomatoes. But no. It's always brownies and Cheetos :(