Daily check in

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Apologize if it's been covered but have you guys read Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen? I'm about 3/4 of the way through it and finding it very interesting. It's definitely a very alternative view of BED, its causes and its resolutions. I don't think it will be for everyone but it definitely relates to me personally. She has, in essence, taken the approach she discovered in a unique book about recovery from alcohol addiction and applied it to BED. Interesting reading at the very least.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Stupid peanut butter!!! Ugh such a bad day!
  • daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    I work with a couple other college kids that just eat the whole time and probably don't think twice about it. But I just continue to binge once I've left. So glad it's over now.

@ewhip17 I've read it and the recovery guide multiple times. I reference it almost daily. I feel like nothing will help me at this point...I need to help myself
  • ewhip17
    I hear you. Lately the best streak I've been able to put together is about 5 good days but lately it's been only 2-3.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    msty112 wrote: »
    Stupid peanut butter!!! Ugh such a bad day!

Me too! Why is peanut butter the worst?! My husband even hid it from me and I found it...twice.
  • daniellethesheep
    Yeah I struggle to get 2-3 days lately...

I gave up peanut butter for lent so that kind of fixed my issue there haha. Not sure what I'll do when Easter comes around...that was a staple in my diet but also a major binge food
  • ab6046
    I never keep peanut butter around for that same reason. But last night, my husband really wanted to make a peanut based soup. The peanut butter tortured me all of last night and this morning. He hid it from me, and I found it. I confessed and didn't open it, and he hid it again. And I found it again. And then I agonized over it for over an hour and finally just went for it. Luckily it was a relatively small jar and he grabbed a couple of spoonfuls for the soup before I dove face first into. But he said he won't be making that soup again anytime soon, since the peanut butter pretty much transformed me into an animal.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    I wonder if it's got something to do with the texture of it? I can't have peanut butter in the house. One of my favorite binge foods is peanut butter and chocolate frosting sandwiches. The feeling of it in my mouth seems to satisfy some.....need? Desire? I don't know. But peanut butter, once consumed, makes me feel sick.

Not that it stops me.
  • msty112
    How is everyone doing today? This morning was really long and stressful but I didn't turn to food for comfort! Weather is beautiful here so I think I will take my daughter and the dog for a nice walk.
  • daniellethesheep
    I'm doing okay so far. I slept really late then went for a run, went to work, and now I'm at the gym for a bit.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Have the day off one of the perks of working for a school system. I work for a contract kitchen as the executive chef manger in a school system. I get to be a chef with the hours of a teacher. So I had the kids home with me. Today was a good day was able to resist the urge to eat bad and not binge as of right now. When I am hole all day with nothing planned is when I feel the urge to binge very strongly.
  • ab6046
    I wonder if it's got something to do with the texture of it? I can't have peanut butter in the house. One of my favorite binge foods is peanut butter and chocolate frosting sandwiches. The feeling of it in my mouth seems to satisfy some.....need? Desire? I don't know. But peanut butter, once consumed, makes me feel sick.

Not that it stops me.

You nailed it! It's 100% about texture. Peanuts are fine and I'll eat them but it has nothing to do with flavor. I confirmed that this weekend when I got powdered peanut butter and ate a bunch of it and was not remotely satisfied until I got to the real thing. Totally a texture thing.
  • ab6046
    I'm glad people are having good days today, it's always a great feeling to start the week off on the right foot!
  • msty112
    edited March 2016
    Ugh I found the powered PB to be gross
  • lynzieryn
    lynzieryn Posts: 26 Member
    I hope you all are doing well! Today is a new day!
  • FAVteach1
    FAVteach1 Posts: 3 Member
    I am going to jump in here......I did not read the rest and dont have time now but I like the idea of a check in. Last night was an emotional rollercoaster but I didnt binge. Actually I dont think I have had a full on binge in two months! Today has been great except for my seniors getting on my nerves as we are starting the written portion of their research papers. Hope you all are well!!!
  • daniellethesheep
    I agree about the powdered PB. It is gross. It tastes nothing like the real thing. I did okay so far today and hope that the rest of the night goes well.
  • msty112
    I had a good day. Got up early and used the elliptical then went to the playground and ran around with my daughter for a couple hours. I think it will be s early bedtime for everyone tonight.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    My day was pretty decent but nothing for the record books. I spent way too much time with people, which makes me nutty. I countered that with an hour at the gym with earbuds crammed in my ears, then an hour walking in the warm sun with my earbuds crammed in. I'll be deaf by the time I'm thin :/
  • ewhip17
    First "clean" week in months as of this AM. Pretty happy about that. Hoping to keep up some momentum.