Weekly Challenges

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
Just creating a general thread for this since I realize I didn't before. Please post week one where we started the week 1 challenge.

So week 1 is almost done - one day left to finish your challenge this week! So that means I'm off to the gym at lunch today to get my third elliptical day in... to also work off part of my stupidity from the weekend. Which leads me to my idea for next week's challenge...

Is there something you struggle with on a weekly basis? For me it's overeating on weekends.

So the challenge for week 2 of March is to identify something you consistently struggle with.. and to NOT DO IT (or do it if the issue is that you don't haha) this week!!! Post every single day that you are successful as you crawl into bed. Ask for assistance/motivation to stick to it from the rest of us if you feel like breaking down. Post your goal tomorrow and post until the end of next Monday. Maybe we can even buddy up?

So for me, it's over eating Friday - Monday (since I have Monday off, it's for 4 of the days of this coming week). In general though, I'm saying I need to stick to my goals for the whole week.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    Options
    Yay!!! 3/3 elliptical sessions done for the week :) Technically one was a cross ramp/cross trainer but almost the same haha.
    I'm going to try to keep it going.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Way to go! Definitely keep it up!

EDIT: So we are posting the last of the first weeks challenge in here?
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Way to go! Definitely keep it up!

EDIT: So we are posting the last of the first weeks challenge in here?

We can post where ever for week 1... ... I actually couldn't remember where we posted it to start with... so I put it here. Memory isn't my strong suit sometimes...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    We can post where ever for week 1... ... I actually couldn't remember where we posted it to start with... so I put it here. Memory isn't my strong suit sometimes...

It was in March Start. I just didn't want to post in the wrong place. haha

• VeryKatie
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

It was in March Start. I just didn't want to post in the wrong place. haha

Lol I'm going to post it in both places now.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Okay! haha Sounds like a good plan :)
  • MrsR130
    MrsR130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Done 3x challenge!

For this week, challenge is for my average calories for the week to be below my calorie goal. Gotta keep on working on being consistent, especially Friday/Saturday.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    1st Weeks Challenge Completed! Just got done with my 3rd 40 minute workout!

Second Weeks Challenge:
    Lately I've been having trouble being at/under my calorie goal and consistently working out so for my 2nd weeks challenge, I will be working out Tuesday thru Saturday and will aim to be at/under my calorie goal each day.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Week 2 challenge:
    While I also struggle with the weekends, I have been allowing myself way too much stress eating the last couple weeks, with yesterday being terrible. So starting today, I am ending the stress eating. This week I will stick to my calorie goal, exercise on my own if the dog can't go, and get back to eating more healthy foods rather than just junk. I am hoping these three goals will help me reign in the stress eating.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Lol, I totally bailed on the challenge last week, and I was the one who came up with it! *facepalm*
    I gained last week, hardly worked out and ate like a pig. This is a new week!

Week 2 challenge: Since Ive been stuffing my face like a bear about to hibernate, I am starting to log calories again (I haven't been as I have been working on hunger cues, but obvi failing at that) and shoot for a deficit at the end of the week. I logged yesterday but not Sunday, and will log every remaining day for the week. I will workout at least 3 times this week.
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't manage last weeks challenge at all, oops.

Week 2 Challenge: I always have trouble getting as much protein as I should, so everyday this week I will get at least 100g of protein. I probably should be getting more then that even, but I normally only get around 60g a day so this will be a good push in the right direction.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Under calorie goal!
    Didn't work out but really as long as i'm under my calorie goal, it's a-ok.
    My goal in MFP is only 4 days so we will see how the week plays out.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Worked out today! Went for a 45 minute walk/jog with my dog tonight, and I was under my calories!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Was over my calories by less than 100 (I blame a change in dinner menu for the overage) which is still much better than several recent days. I also went for a walk with my husband and dog. Still ate too many sweets.
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Managed to get 103 grams of protein in yesterday. It was harder then I thought without going way over calories but I will keep it up.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I am also calling yesterday a relative success. I worked out (but did cardio first so I couldn't finish lifting) and even though I wasn't under my calorie goal, I was under maintenance.

So things to do better in similar situations: don't get a McDonald's burrito if I know I'm eating out later since later will bring surprises. Like hotdogs you expected to be 7" long being 14" long instead. And do weights first!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Under calorie goal and workout conmpleted!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    *completed

My phone is useless when it comes to trying to make and edit post on this site. haha All it would let me do was report myself :P
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Ok so I am not doing as well as I hoped... I've been about 200 calories over for the last two days... I'm hoping to bring it back into line today! I have my food planned (exact measurements yet to come). Where have also been slacking on exercise but likely because my body needed it.

Wish me luck with the gym and my food today!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Yesterday I stayed under my calorie goal, went for a walk, and ate less candy. I feel good about today.