Purple Team

Options

Replies

• RedVelvette
    RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing today?
    I'm delightfully sore from doing pilates and ballet on Tuesday and then modern dance last night. I'm hoping to make it to ballet again tonight, and if I do I may actually gather enough calories burned by Sunday to get the bonus points!
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Nice job Jen! That's a lot of calories! I can't fathom burning 500+ calories in one day, exercise is definitely my weak point! :smile:
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    The key is to start slow, be kind to yourself, and listen to your body. If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. I'm lucky to have had amazing dance teachers who encourage "variations" based on ability. I like my personal artistic variations.
    Also a bit of a head-trip is this: say that you tell yourself you're going to work out for 30 minutes, but exercise for 15 minutes, how do you end up feeling afterward? Probably kinda crappy, right? And sometimes that crappy feeling can carry into emotional eating or feeling discouraged to workout again. But say instead that you tell yourself you're going to try for 10 minutes, but work out for 15 minutes, how do you end up feeling? Probably pretty great, right? You met your goal and then some! Well, it's the same 15 minutes of exercise either way. And any exercise is better than none. So set smaller goals for yourself and give yourself kudos for any size accomplishment!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Just checking in, how's everyone doing this Saturday? I've already blown it for sugars as someone brought homemade bread pudding for breakfast. I usually don't partake in sweets in the morning, but it was homemade and vegetarian. Plus last night I had a dream about ordering a doughnut. I didn't actually get to eat it in my dream as I awoke too soon, so I think I woke up with a major sweet tooth this morning! Mmmm doughnut....
  • wigal23
    Options
    Dreaming of doughnuts, that's hysterical! I got a 40 minute walk in at the park today, go me! Not doing great on the eating front, but planning some veggies with dinner.
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    I know, right? I don't know what it means to dream of something, have it in your hands and then wake up before getting to enjoy it!!
    Good for you for the long walk!
  • janpuzzle31
    janpuzzle31 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My daughter bought me 6 walnut whips, and they are my all time favourite. That's blown my chances of a sugar free weekend. I feel like I am trying really hard only to keep my weight stable at the moment. As I am in my fifties and have only a relatively small amount to lose I know it is going to be hard and I am trying not to be demoralized, but feel frustrated all the same. I am so grateful for this challenge, which is helping me to focus on more than just the scales.
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling good this weekend. Got quite a bit more exercise throughout this week, with wii fit and walking around the city last night. Went to some bars for friends' birthdays last night, which was a lot of walking.. I am seriously craving a chocolate donut today so I think I'm going to get that on the way to work.
    Tomorrow starts double points for exercise, so I'm going to make sure I get some time on my wii fit, and so long as it's not raining I may try to go for a walk/run on Thursday since I don't have work.
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    I had a good day today, a lovely long walk in the sunshine and I managed to resist the sweet stuff. My points for the week are 170, next week I intend to increase my running and try out some new exercises with a friend, maybe that will shift the stubborn pounds!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Sounds like we are off to a good start for the week! My points were 149, not bad. I intend to try to take better advantage of the exercise points this week.
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    147 points this week. And I lost 1.5 pounds. So that's motivating. I am going to try to do more exercising this week, however I have a lot of work this week. Probably getting overtime. Also need to go pick up some more fruit for my work snacks.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Great job on the loss! :smiley:
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Didn't have time to exercise yesterday, it was a long day... I'm hoping to make it to the gym later today, but if not I'll at least get in a walk. Go Team!!
  • wigal23
    Options
    Long day is putting it lightly! I have been getting more walking in, thanks to warmer weather at the beginning of the week. Now it is cooler and so windy! Still might get out this evening.
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Good for you! I didn't manage to get to the gym or any exercise yesterday, and I'm feeling sore today for it!! Gotta get my mojo back!!
  • wigal23
    Options
    It's Monday Purple team! How did everyone fare over the weekend? Mine was busy and involved cookies, yikes! Did get lots of walking in, as well as some veggies. Hope we have a great week!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    I did pretty good, almost hit the 3500 cal bonus but not quite...
    My points for the week are 199
    Happy Monday to everyone!!
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    Sorry for being late! My points were 200, which reflected the increased amount of exercise. I lost a pound too, which was a nice bonus!
  • wigal23
    Options
    Good job Jen and Jan! Just waiting on one more points update for this week.
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    Mine was meh. 97 points. I had to work overtime last week so I had very little time, and my meal planning was slacking. Sorry I'm so late.. I was at work all day today.
    I have a couple days off this week, so definitely going to try harder to get some exercise in and plan some meals ahead of time.