Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    xLyric wrote: »
    W6D1 done. Super easy! One more day until just solid runs and I can't wait!
    Great!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Thanks! :) I will actually have another week on top as the program I am doing is 9 weeks long (28 mins in week 8 and 30 mins in week 9), but still, the end is in sight, woohoo! I can't wait to be able to say I can run for 30 minutes non-stop! :)

I'll be doing one more week too! Before I run at a 5k race next weekend I would like to actually run 3 miles couple times next week (which at my current pace should take me about 35 min). So the race will be my graduation! :)
  • Aine8046
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »

Thank you. Oh yes, I've joined a local Running Club and have been doing their beginner programme once a week, and going out twice more on my own. I intend to keep at it and try and improve my 5K time. You'll do great honestly, I never thought in a million years i'd be running a 5k this quickly, i've gone from doing 6 min intervals (my run on Saturday) to an entire 5k (my run on Monday night!) and i'm not fit at all, I still have 30lb to lose, so it's not like i'm in peak condition. Believe me, if I can do it, you certainly can! Mind over matter!
    Thanks! Joining a running club is awesome! We have one here, but I am still contemplating... I am not a very social person in real life, and I prefer to run alone... In fact I noticed it helps me to calm down and relax...

• Aine8046
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »

I really want to succeed this year - I started it outside last year but gave up around week 5 (I also kept modifying it to avoid having to run uphill), then started over on the treadmill and finished but wasn't actually running a 5K at the end. So, I won't postpone long. I may be able to run outside on Saturday (depends on how much snow we get on Friday) and if not, things look good after that. I knew I was risking weather issues by starting in February, but figured I could work around them. (It took real willpower to get on the treadmill today. I would have rather done Zumba or made do with a short walk, but I felt like I should remind my body that it was a running day.)

Wow, you really are determined! We do not have any snow anymore, but it's still cold and I am yet to transfer outside... Cannot imaging running in the snow! :)
  • srlekhak
    srlekhak Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR Congrats ! You did great !
    Its really nice of you to say that anyone can do it :smile:

I did W4D1 today.It was tough but I was able to stick to it and finish it. I surprised myself :wink:
  • Aine8046
    Options
    srlekhak wrote: »

I did W4D1 today.It was tough but I was able to stick to it and finish it. I surprised myself :wink:

Great! You are almost half-way through.... :)
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was definitely not a day for running outside (cold, light snow), so I ran on the treadmill and did an hour of Zumba (which helps my knees but doesn't get my heart rate up very much). Today is another inside day, but I haven't decided what I'll do. I realized a couple of days ago that I'm not going to be able to get back to a regular schedule until after next Saturday because I'm volunteering at the regional FIRST Robotics competition next week (Thurs. - Sat.). Oh well, I'll do what I can and get back to it for real a week from Sunday.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it's nice to see all the support for each other :)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    srlekhak wrote: »

Thank you.
    Oh believe me, you can do it. I'm not just saying that. I honestly thought there was no way in hell I'd run that far on Monday night when our Coach told us the plan, I just couldn't get my head around how he expected us to go from doing intervals of 6 mins to non-stop running. But like he said, it's a mind game, if you think you can't do it, you very likely won't, because instead of pushing yourself, you'll quit. Break it up into individual miles instead of looking at it as a whole, and just concentrate on your breathing and your foot fall. I told myself I'd walk for a minute after the first mile, then when I realised we were already into the second mile, I told myself I'd stop for a breather at the next mile, but in the end I just kept going, I got into a little grove with my breathing and my feet and just kind of zoned out. Go as slow as you need to, especially up hills, you've got plenty of time to build up your pace once you've done it. And once you've done it, you'll be amazed with yourself. Good luck, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    CariTJR wrote: »

Thank you. Oh yes, I've joined a local Running Club and have been doing their beginner programme once a week, and going out twice more on my own. I intend to keep at it and try and improve my 5K time. You'll do great honestly, I never thought in a million years i'd be running a 5k this quickly, i've gone from doing 6 min intervals (my run on Saturday) to an entire 5k (my run on Monday night!) and i'm not fit at all, I still have 30lb to lose, so it's not like i'm in peak condition. Believe me, if I can do it, you certainly can! Mind over matter!
    Thanks! Joining a running club is awesome! We have one here, but I am still contemplating... I am not a very social person in real life, and I prefer to run alone... In fact I noticed it helps me to calm down and relax...

I've found the Club very helpful. I was a bit dubious at first because I too like to run alone, but they've been so welcoming and so full of information and tips that it's actually turned out to be one of the best things I've done in a long time. Plus I still get my 'me' time when I run alone twice more during the week. I can honestly say it's the Club that has got me this far this quickly, if left to my own devices I'd still be running 6 minute intervals and probably repeating weeks of the programme because I don't have the confidence to push myself enough, but with them they've shown me that with a bit of determination and faith in myself I've gone from next to no running, to a 5k, in 5 sessions! (should have been 7 but I missed two) . Ok I'm slow, but I still did it! Give it a go, you've got nothing to lose.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so AWESOME! Keep it up!

I actually missed my run this morning. I overslept, which I never, ever do! My alarm went off, I rolled over, and opened my eyes 45 minutes later! Oops!

So I will be attempting my next run tomorrow morning instead... ;)
  • Stech1982
    Stech1982 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is my first time using this program. I just finished week 5 day 1. So excited to keep going. :D
  • Aine8046
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Everyone is doing so AWESOME! Keep it up!

I actually missed my run this morning. I overslept, which I never, ever do! My alarm went off, I rolled over, and opened my eyes 45 minutes later! Oops!

So I will be attempting my next run tomorrow morning instead... ;)

I'll run tomorrow morning too! I wish I could oversleep - forgot when it happened...
  • Aine8046
    Options
    This is my first time using this program. I just finished week 5 day 1. So excited to keep going. :D

Welcome aboard! It's great to have so many people accomplishing c25k! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Just finished W8D3! 2.8 miles in 30 min :)
  • Aine8046
    edited March 2016
    Options
    del
  • amber_beaney
    amber_beaney Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Awesome job! Well done! Only a week until your 5k event now isn't it? I'm excited for you! :)

I did W7D3 today, the wind was strong after turning around again, and it makes it so much harder, we still finished but it was gruelling. I think we are going to swap routes next week so that we aren't facing into the wind haha.

Hello Sonya, it's my first time at this program too and from my experience so far it only gets more exciting!

Well done everyone!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Wow... You're killing it! Is that the last week? Or are you on a 9-week program?

@amber_beaney I haven't even braved outside yet, still using the treadmill, so you are way ahead of me! Good job!

Got through W7D2 today with no issues. My breathing has been great, just a nice easy pace. Keep the good tunes going and my feet rolling! I can't believe I'm doing 25 minutes straight with no issues. 2 months ago I was running for 60 seconds at a time! Crazy...

Keep on keeping on, everyone!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Awesome job! Well done! Only a week until your 5k event now isn't it? I'm excited for you! :)

Yes, it is! I'll do two more 3mi runs next week before my race next Saturday! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options

Wow... You're killing it! Is that the last week? Or are you on a 9-week program?
    Technichally it is, but I'll do two more 3mi runs next week before my race next Saturday! :)