Team: Dude, Where's My Gut

Replies

• iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    @RaeBeeBaby I'm so sorry. I just assumed that the first week weigh in would be next week, Saturday. Complete misunderstanding from my side. I entered the weight. Thank you for reminding me.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    @RaeBeeBaby I'm so sorry. I just assumed that the first week weigh in would be next week, Saturday. Complete misunderstanding from my side. I entered the weight. Thank you for reminding me.

Since it's the first day of each BL week, would you want to switch to another day? I'm sure it's not too late to do that.
  • iheartcookies2
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

Since it's the first day of each BL week, would you want to switch to another day? I'm sure it's not too late to do that.

I weight myself every day, so Friday would be fine as well. :) I didn't think of Saturdays as the first day of the challenge week. I got so brainwashed since I started GoT challenge. :D But I love it.
  • RaeBeeBaby

I weight myself every day, so Friday would be fine as well. :) I didn't think of Saturdays as the first day of the challenge week. I got so brainwashed since I started GoT challenge. :D But I love it.

OK, I'll ask to have your day changed to Friday.

Speaking of Thrones . . . . . . . bring it on!! I'm so enamored of that challenge I kind of go into withdrawals during the down weeks. It's become a sick obsession. LOL
  • iheartcookies2

Speaking of Thrones . . . . . . . bring it on!! I'm so enamored of that challenge I kind of go into withdrawals during the down weeks. It's become a sick obsession. LOL

I'm worried I will miss my first week with the Starks. I have to ask my surgeon about the exercise. He said I can continue with the same amount of calories, and since he said I can basically start working one day after the surgery I completely forgot to ask. I got this huge huge varicose vein during my pregnancy and it's only gotten worse. But I'm still scared of the whole surgery thing, even though he said he will use only local anaesthesia and it's not that invasive.
  • RaeBeeBaby

I'm worried I will miss my first week with the Starks. I have to ask my surgeon about the exercise. He said I can continue with the same amount of calories, and since he said I can basically start working one day after the surgery I completely forgot to ask. I got this huge huge varicose vein during my pregnancy and it's only gotten worse. But I'm still scared of the whole surgery thing, even though he said he will use only local anaesthesia and it's not that invasive.

You might be able to do some things that don't put stress on it (like upper body for strength) and maybe chair yoga. Even gentle exercises still count towards the minutes. I'd call him and ask specifically what you can and cannot do.

Hmmm, on the other hand - I know how you Starks roll. Maybe you DO just want to sit out for the first week. Bwaaaahaaahaaaaa >:)
  • iheartcookies2

You might be able to do some things that don't put stress on it (like upper body for strength) and maybe chair yoga. Even gentle exercises still count towards the minutes. I'd call him and ask specifically what you can and cannot do.

Hmmm, on the other hand - I know how you Starks roll. Maybe you DO just want to sit out for the first week. Bwaaaahaaahaaaaa >:)
    Lol :bigsmile: Yes, we are pretty awesome. :D At least we get to decide punishment first week. ;)

• jmilner89
    jmilner89 Posts: 71 Member
    @RaeBeeBaby I think it is 1800 calories

I hope you parents have an amazing trip here, which parts are they visiting?
  • RaeBeeBaby

Lol :bigsmile: Yes, we are pretty awesome. :D At least we get to decide punishment first week. ;)

Uh oh! A little shiver of fear just coursed down my spine. . . . . :o
  • RaeBeeBaby
    jmilner89 wrote: »
    @RaeBeeBaby I think it is 1800 calories

I hope you parents have an amazing trip here, which parts are they visiting?

Oamaru and Christchurch are two of the places I remember them mentioning. I think they'll be there in NZ about 10 days and then another few days in Fiji.
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    OK, Dude and Dudettes! Today is Day 1 of our Biggest Loser Challenge!

We still have two people on our list who have not checked in, so I'm expecting a couple newbies to pop in here tomorrow. Too bad, so sad for the two who pooped out, but that's just an opportunity for someone who really wants it!

I hope to see as many of you as possible posting on this thread. Not just on your weigh-in day, but throughout the week as well to give and receive support. Some of the other teams are really "chatty" and I know from experience that makes it more fun! It also ups the accountability factor, which will help all of us.

I would like to get some feedback from all of you on how we can make this a very successful month and REALLY kick some gut!

Here's couple ideas from other challenges I've participated in:

Set mini-goals for the week (exercise, water, nutrition)
    Have a weekly challenge (exercises like squats, lunges, or specific workouts)
    Report out on our daily exercise, struggles, progress
    Share recipes
    Share NSV's (non-scale victories for any newbies)

Anything else that has helped or worked for you all or that you'd like to try?

hi team captain my name is cyn and i would love to do a challenge let me kno when thanks for being our captain
  • iheartcookies2

:bigsmile: I truly :heart: that challenge. And people in it are great (even though they are not all Starks ;) )

Will we have a weekly challenge here as well? Just for fun :)
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    edited April 2016
    Good Morning All! Hope everyone is having a great start to their Monday! :smile:

Wanted to share a little NSV for myself this morning... :smiley:
    Today I am 1 week soda/pop free!! Yay! I honestly didn't think I would make it. lol Coke has always been my weakness and before I stopped drinking it I was up to 2-3 32oz cups a day from the gas station. That was typically how I started my morning. I can't believe how much more energy I have now WITHOUT drinking it and I feel like even my skin looks healthier from only drinking water, aside from a glass of tea or milk here and there. I am hoping to keep it up and not give in to temptations (I work a lot of sporting events and am around soda all the time).

This week I plan to continue working on my nutrition. I think I finally got it figured out for the moment :smile: I will also continue doing my workout program and try to get up and walk at least 2 miles while at work (I work a desk job so I am pretty stationary most of the day).

Hope you all have a wonderful week and best of luck to you on your weigh in days! :smiley:
  • krenae312
    krenae312 Posts: 30 Member
    @RaeBeeBaby do we have until the last day to post our weight? I was confused if it had a line up with the first day. Thanks though, not much but today I was down another .5 so hoping next week will be a bigger loss. I've been at 150.5 for awhile which I haven't pushed myself with food for a little so just maintaining....but its almost summer so.,.lol.
  • SethKaishi
    SethKaishi Posts: 24 Member
    Good Morning All! Hope everyone is having a great start to their Monday! :smile:

Today I am 1 week soda/pop free!! Yay! I honestly didn't think I would make it. lol Coke has always been my weakness and before I stopped drinking it I was up to 2-3 32oz cups a day from the gas station. That was typically how I started my morning. I can't believe how much more energy I have now WITHOUT drinking it and I feel like even my skin looks healthier from only drinking water, aside from a glass of tea or milk here and there. I am hoping to keep it up and not give in to temptations (I work a lot of sporting events and am around soda all the time).

This week I plan to continue working on my nutrition. I think I finally got it figured out for the moment :smile: I will also continue doing my workout program and try to get up and walk at least 2 miles while at work (I work a desk job so I am pretty stationary most of the day).

Hope you all have a wonderful week and best of luck to you on your weigh in days! :smiley:

I am TOTALLY with you on soda! It is my number one enemy and it is so hard to let it go. I use to down three to four cans a day but now I am down to having a soda every other day but starting to today I am cutting soda from my diet. I hope I can do it.

Exercises has never been an issue for me, shoot, I can work out two or three hours a day but my diet is always where I mess up. I live in a family where food is everything and everyone here is pretty much overweight in some form.

Any pointers to help me stay in a 1,500 calorie count?
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    SethKaishi wrote: »

I am TOTALLY with you on soda! It is my number one enemy and it is so hard to let it go. I use to down three to four cans a day but now I am down to having a soda every other day but starting to today I am cutting soda from my diet. I hope I can do it.

Exercises has never been an issue for me, shoot, I can work out two or three hours a day but my diet is always where I mess up. I live in a family where food is everything and everyone here is pretty much overweight in some form.

to me i just count my calories that really helps its hard but can be done i was the same way with soda i just drink water and when i want some else ill have a glass of tea you can do this my calorie range is about the same as yours
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    SethKaishi wrote: »

This is the calorie range I try to stay in. I do fairly well with it. Recently I have been eating things like...

Breakfast: Cheerios and 1% milk, whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and 1/2 a banana, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and a cup of fruit.

Lunch: I have been buying the Gorton's Tilapia, Cod, or Salmon and warming it up in the microwave (I work full time so I used the microwave in the break room) I also get the ready eat chicken and warm it up as well or eat it cold too. I usually alternate these meats every other day and pair them with the various vegetable steamers. I 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese as well if I am still hungry.

Dinner: I have been trying to do healthier things. Tonight we are having tacos and I am just making sure I do not over eat. I will add refried beans to them to add extra protein. If I know my dinner is a little on the unhealthy side or has higher calories I will skip snacks during the day and try to drink more water to keep me full.

Snacks: I have mainly been eating yogurt, fruit, I will make smoothies with strawberries and bananas, cottage cheese, the weight watchers ice creams are really good and pretty low on calories for ice cream (not sure how healthy they are for you though lol just an alternative if you are craving ice cream).

Drinks: For the last week I have mainly drank water. I have had a tea here and there and have also had a glass of milk with breakfast or dinner a couple days.

Everyone is different but so fair these changes have helped me lose consistently the past week. (I am bad about jumping on the scale every morning). Good luck on quitting soda! You can do it! This is probably my 10th time trying to quit and I think I may have finally been able to kick the habit. :smile: I believe that has also helped with losing weight this past week. So try and keep that in mind too every time you want a drink :smile: The extra sugar and empty calories isn't worth it. That's what I keep telling myself anyway every time I am tempted to run to the gas station lol
  • RaeBeeBaby

:bigsmile: I truly :heart: that challenge. And people in it are great (even though they are not all Starks ;) )

Will we have a weekly challenge here as well? Just for fun :)

I'm a bit late getting out of the starting gate on posting a challenge, but I do plan to do them to add to the fun of this group. Anyone with suggestions, feel free to jump in!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited April 2016
    krenae312 wrote: »
    @RaeBeeBaby do we have until the last day to post our weight? I was confused if it had a line up with the first day. Thanks though, not much but today I was down another .5 so hoping next week will be a bigger loss. I've been at 150.5 for awhile which I haven't pushed myself with food for a little so just maintaining....but its almost summer so.,.lol.

As far as posting the weight, you should do it on the same day every week - your declared weigh-in day. Since you already weighed in on Saturday, then you won't post in the weigh-in thread until NEXT Saturday.

If we do this same challenge again in May I'm going to suggest each team choose ONE weigh-in day for the duration of the challenge (majority vote on which day). I think it will make it easier to keep track.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited April 2016
    Just a few words on soda drinking. I used to drink a Diet Coke at least once a day. It was my afternoon pick-me-up. I thought it was better than the regular kind because of the no sugar and zero calories. I started reading about aspartame and other artificial sweeteners and didn't like what I found. Most regular sodas contain high fructose corn syrup (not good for you) and caramel coloring (also not good for you). At that point I decided to just stop drinking soda completely. My hubby liked his Pepsi and Mt. Dew. Soon after I quit the Diet Coke I just stopped buying all of it and we both quit drinking soda by default. It's probably been 5 years since then, and I don't miss it one bit. Once in awhile I'll have a sip of someone else's soda and it's so unbelievably sweet (both regular and diet) that I can't believe I ever enjoyed it! Plus, who needs all those calories? I'd rather eat my calories than drink them!

Some calorie-free ideas to help break the soda habit - try the zero calorie sparkling waters. They're fizzy like soda, so kind of fools your brain. :) LaCroix is a brand that I like a lot. I also drink a lot of infused water. Just fill a pitcher with water, add some sliced lemon/orange/berries/mint leaves/cucumber (not all at the same time), put in fridge overnight and enjoy! Iced herbal tea is also a good alternative for zero calories.