Team: Dude, Where's My Gut

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    So, this week has taken an interesting turn. Tuesday I managed about an hour of disc golf with hubby after he got home from work, but other things kept interfering. Then last night about 3:00 am, the phone rings and my son informs me he and my pregnant daugher-in-law are on their way to the hospital with baby potentially on her way (6 weeks early). We drove an hour to meet them to pick up our 2 year old grandson, as little ones are not allowed at the hospital. Baby has decided to wait a little longer, but mom is now on bed rest at the hospital with IV antibiotics until further notice.

I may have my grandson a lot, off and on, over the next couple weeks so my exercise may be hit and miss for awhile. Is chasing a toddler included in the MFP exercise diary? LOL
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    welcome chrizzy8
  • chrizzy8
    chrizzy8 Posts: 78 Member
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    So, this week has taken an interesting turn. Tuesday I managed about an hour of disc golf with hubby after he got home from work, but other things kept interfering. Then last night about 3:00 am, the phone rings and my son informs me he and my pregnant daugher-in-law are on their way to the hospital with baby potentially on her way (6 weeks early). We drove an hour to meet them to pick up our 2 year old grandson, as little ones are not allowed at the hospital. Baby has decided to wait a little longer, but mom is now on bed rest at the hospital with IV antibiotics until further notice.

I may have my grandson a lot, off and on, over the next couple weeks so my exercise may be hit and miss for awhile. Is chasing a toddler included in the MFP exercise diary? LOL

You'll be in my thoughts - hoping mom & baby stay happy and healthy thru this process. And chasing a toddler is DEFINITELY a workout. :)
  • chrizzy8
    cynbet69 wrote: »
    welcome chrizzy8

thanks @cynbet69 !
  • chrizzy8
    @JordisTSM - congrats on the 4.8 lbs loss!!!!!!!! Killin' it!! BL on the team so far! :smiley:

@w8ingforthesun - congrats on the 4.2 lbs loss! Dang, our team is doing awesome already!

@Roxmom3 - nice 2.5 lbs loss! Keep up the good work!

@Gustaaf85 - especially with your recent injury, I'm impressed with your 2.3 lbs loss!

@Lesly_Barrett_1209 - nice job, an even 2 lbs loss! I'm looking at about the same loss this week. Let's both shoot for the same or better next week!

@krenae312 - 0.5 lbs loss ain't too shabby! I'm at about the same weight as you. The lighter we are, the harder it is to get those lbs off. Let's keep each other motivated to get those last few stubborn lbs off for GOOD!

Go Team Dude Where's My Gut!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    REMINDER: All week 1 weigh-in results have to be submitted by 11:59 pm EST. Anyone that fails to report in will be given a 0% loss. This will impact the overall % loss for the whole team.

Week 1 Winners will be announced on Saturday!! :smiley:
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    anit i suppose to weigh in on fridays im lost
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    I'm so impressed with the weight loss of this group so far! Way to go! Personally, I'm not expecting great things tomorrow with my weigh-in based on the past few days. I haven't had much time for exercise and food choices have not been as thoughtful as normal. Taking care of my grandson has been priority.

Update on Mom and new baby to be. She's still in the hospital on bed rest but doctor doesn't want her to go too long due to risk of infection. Just long enough so new baby won't have to be in the NICU. That could be as soon as Monday. In the meantime we have our grandson probably through the weekend, which was an unexpected bonus. He's such a delight!
  • krenae312
    krenae312 Posts: 30 Member
    Thanks @chrizzy8 I feel like it will take years to get this last 5 or so off lol.
    Gooood morning everyone!!! Baby boy was bright eyed at 6 am so naturally back asleep by 8 so I popped in some Plyo and am feeling good!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
  • Serendipity0913
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT - Change in Game Rules!!***

Current Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. Should they fail to submit 2 weeks in a row they will be eliminated and no longer able to participate in the challenge.

NEW Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. After team results are posted for the week the non-submitter will be eliminated from the team and will no longer be able to participate in the challenge. This does not apply to those individuals that have reported their weight as 0% loss.

**********************************************************************************************

As I was looking into future weeks I realized that a non-submitter that decides to submit the next week will be evaluated on their previous weigh-in two weeks prior which makes it unfair to those that are weighing-in weekly. As a result, if you don't weigh-in weekly you will be considered weight that is weighing down the team and you will be eliminated.

I'm sorry for the confusion in having to make the change. Because this is our first month doing the challenge it has been a work in progress. I feel with the new change in rules it will still make everyone accountable while being fair to those that are committed to the challenge.

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Serendipity <3
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    Good Luck to everyone that weighs in today! Our team is doing amazing! It is very inspiring to watch everyone shed pounds away :smile: I have been trying to keep my nutrition in check this past week. We ordered Chinese food last night and when we got it it was absolutely terrible. Chinese food seems to be so hit and miss which stinks because I really love it! lol Anyway we ended up throwing it out and just made tomato soup and grilled cheese. Should have just done that in the first place and saved the wasted money! lol I will be going to the store today on my lunch break at work to get a few things for the weekend. The weekends always seem to be hard for me because I have so many temptations around me.

@RaeBeeBaby Hope mom and baby have a safe and healthy delivery! Your family will be in my thoughts!

@chrizzy8 Thank you! Great job to you as well! :smile:

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

51p9qulpezx3.jpg
  • chrizzy8
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I'm so impressed with the weight loss of this group so far! Way to go! Personally, I'm not expecting great things tomorrow with my weigh-in based on the past few days. I haven't had much time for exercise and food choices have not been as thoughtful as normal. Taking care of my grandson has been priority.

Update on Mom and new baby to be. She's still in the hospital on bed rest but doctor doesn't want her to go too long due to risk of infection. Just long enough so new baby won't have to be in the NICU. That could be as soon as Monday. In the meantime we have our grandson probably through the weekend, which was an unexpected bonus. He's such a delight!

@RaeBeeBaby - we're here to motivate you so I want to just tell you that you are WORTH making your health a priority! Thoughts are with your daughter (daughter-in-law?) and new baby to be! Sending well wishes to you and your whole family.
  • chrizzy8
    krenae312 wrote: »
    Thanks @chrizzy8 I feel like it will take years to get this last 5 or so off lol.
    Gooood morning everyone!!! Baby boy was bright eyed at 6 am so naturally back asleep by 8 so I popped in some Plyo and am feeling good!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

@krenae312 - I feel ya on those last 5 lbs! But we CAN do it! I'm so impressed that you took advantage of the time your son was taking a nap to get a work out in! That is definitely going to motivate me today to take advantage of every minute I have working from home. :) You're a supermom! Hopefully someday I will be too (no kids yet). :)
  • chrizzy8
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT - Change in Game Rules!!***

Current Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. Should they fail to submit 2 weeks in a row they will be eliminated and no longer able to participate in the challenge.

NEW Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. After team results are posted for the week the non-submitter will be eliminated from the team and will no longer be able to participate in the challenge. This does not apply to those individuals that have reported their weight as 0% loss.

**********************************************************************************************

As I was looking into future weeks I realized that a non-submitter that decides to submit the next week will be evaluated on their previous weigh-in two weeks prior which makes it unfair to those that are weighing-in weekly. As a result, if you don't weigh-in weekly you will be considered weight that is weighing down the team and you will be eliminated.

I'm sorry for the confusion in having to make the change. Because this is our first month doing the challenge it has been a work in progress. I feel with the new change in rules it will still make everyone accountable while being fair to those that are committed to the challenge.

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Serendipity <3

@Serendipity0913 - thank you for being so thoughtful and organized about this whole process!! Much appreciated!
  • krenae312
    krenae312 Posts: 30 Member
    @chrizzy8 it is what keeps me sane lol, and awake ha!! If I just get it done first nap it sets the tone for my day and I just don't have too sorry about fitting it in anymore. I also have a 4 year old and it's so fun for him to "workout" with me. Hopefully you get a chance to fit one in too!!!
  • iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm sorry but this is a bit confusing. I submitted my weight for the week one on Sunday (missed the Saturday. Should I submit it again?
    Edit:
    I submitted it anyways again.

Sorry for being a little bit quiet this week, but I'm on here every day. I log in daily.
    I'm a single mom of a 4yo, working full time and working out a lot. My computer time is very limited during week days. :) I take all challenges seriously and if I ever stop logging in here then it means something serious happened.

Great job everybody!
  • Serendipity0913
    I'm sorry but this is a bit confusing. I submitted my weight for the week one on Sunday (missed the Saturday. Should I submit it again?

Your starting weight should be what you submitted between Sat, Mar 26 and Fri, Apr 1 and your week 1 results would be what you submit between Sat, Apr 2 and today, Apr 8.

Example 1: You normally weigh in on Saturdays. Your starting weight would have been Mar 26 and your week 1 results would have been Apr 2

Example 2: You normally weigh in on Fridays. Your starting weight would have been Apr 1 and your week 1 results would be submitted today.

You originally said your weigh in day is Friday and according to your submission you were a starting weight of 190.9. Based on this then your weigh-in would be due today for week 1.
  • iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member

Your starting weight should be what you submitted between Sat, Mar 26 and Fri, Apr 1 and your week 1 results would be what you submit between Sat, Apr 2 and today, Apr 8.

Example 1: You normally weigh in on Saturdays. Your starting weight would have been Mar 26 and your week 1 results would have been Apr 2

Example 2: You normally weigh in on Fridays. Your starting weight would have been Apr 1 and your week 1 results would be submitted today.

You originally said your weigh in day is Friday and according to your submission you were a starting weight of 190.9. Based on this then your weigh-in would be due today for week 1.

I just remembered that my weigh in day was changed from Saturday to Friday. I was late one day when I submitted my weight for the week one. Sorry, today was a long day and my brain is not functioning properly. :D

• chrizzy8
    Today, I tried dailyburn365 for the first time. Not bad, wish I sweat a little more - maybe it was because I took a phone call in the middle and it brought my heart rate down. Either way, if you wanna try it, it's totally free! Here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeoE1rNwMSw&amp;feature=youtu.be
  • Serendipity0913
    edited April 2016
    Congratulations Team: Dude, Where's My Gut!! Everyone from your team has now submitted their week 1 weigh-in. Your team has lost a total of 26.9 lbs!! Well done!! Final results and winners will be posted once weights are received from all teams :smiley: