Daily check in for Keto friends...

Replies

• kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    It's amazing when you test your body's limits. I've not been able to do that for a long time. Yesterday I jogged. I actually made it 3 miles- jogging! I've not jogged since high school, and even then I hated it. Note: jogging usually is a trigger for my seizures, and I've been frightened to even try it for years. But I decided to give it a go with the neurological protection of keto. It. worked. I've never felt such the superwoman as I did yesterday after that short run. I can now see why people get addicted to running!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    kimbo8435 wrote: »
    It's amazing when you test your body's limits. I've not been able to do that for a long time. Yesterday I jogged. I actually made it 3 miles- jogging! I've not jogged since high school, and even then I hated it. Note: jogging usually is a trigger for my seizures, and I've been frightened to even try it for years. But I decided to give it a go with the neurological protection of keto. It. worked. I've never felt such the superwoman as I did yesterday after that short run. I can now see why people get addicted to running!

Way to go Superwoman!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    carsonheim wrote: »
    Howdy friends!! Spent a good part of yesterday out in the yard again. I'll tell ya, having a new house on 2.5 acres requires some work!!

I'm going out of town to a work conference (Vegas, woo hoo!) later this week and am feeling good about my resolve. It's my 7th week of Keto and I really have no temptation from things like breads, cookies, etc. I do enjoy imhibing from time to time; I plan on ordering vodka and soda tall and adding a few drops of flavor. Definitely better than the three or four margaritas I would have ordered (per night!) in the past.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well :)

I want a job that sends me to Vegas :)
  • 4031isaiah
    kimbo8435 wrote: »

You are unbelievable! Amazing!!!
  • carsonheim
    carsonheim Posts: 79 Member
    4031isaiah wrote: »

I'm self employed, so I guess I'm sending myself to Vegas!!

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah wrote: »

I'm self employed, so I guess I'm sending myself to Vegas!!

Ha ha! Then I want to work for you!
  • carsonheim
    Argh!! I fell like my scale is broken. Two weeks ago: 248.2. Last week: 248.2. Today: 248.2. Exactly the same three times in a row!!! Arggggh!!
  • Fvaisey
    Argh!! I fell like my scale is broken. Two weeks ago: 248.2. Last week: 248.2. Today: 248.2. Exactly the same three times in a row!!! Arggggh!!

I remember back when every week was a slight gain. After 15 years I was up 30 lbs so don't let 3 weeks in a row with no gain discourage you! Your body knows what it's doing, just keep eating right and it will happen.
  • kimbo8435
    @carsonheim I feel you. I've been dancing around the same 3 lbs for two weeks now. I go down, then back up. The aggravation!!! It makes you want to do an office space on the stupid scale.

But do you feel stronger? Do you feel healthier? Do you feel more energetic? Then it's working. Keep the faith!
  • carsonheim
    I do feel better and I look better as well. It's just so stinkin' strange that the number is exactly the same: 248.2. I'm on my way to Vegas today for a conference. Hoping lots of walking around will help. No cheats planned. In fact, I haven't had a single cheat since I started on 2/24. I've gone over my calories, but honestly just use calories as a rough gauge. I try to mostly focus on 20 net carbs or lower. Gonna work on further limiting my dairy as well.
  • 4031isaiah
    Fvaisey wrote: »

I remember back when every week was a slight gain. After 15 years I was up 30 lbs so don't let 3 weeks in a row with no gain discourage you! Your body knows what it's doing, just keep eating right and it will happen.

You always provide such sound advice.
  • Psysix
    Psysix Posts: 53 Member
    About two years ago, I lost 50 pounds in three months doing keto. I didn't gain anything back but I still have a lot to lose. I've been doing keto for about 2 weeks. I dropped 12 pounds. Trying to stick with it this time.
  • 4031isaiah
    That's amazing! Hopefully you see more success.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    In my life sometimes things just seem to disintegrate all at once and voila! ...back to the drawing board. Current status: jobless, sugar loading, feeling a little burned out, but still excited to make new changes for the better.
    I notice that I'm struggling to return to my keto woe, in spite of wanting to and believing it is right for me. Really struggling with my mindset in this area. I wish there was a switch I could turn on. Seems like my old sidekick - self sabotage - just can't take the "I don't want you here anymore" hint: it shows up and stays for too long.
    For the time being it's just going to be a matter of plodding through the details, and making sure to treat myself well during the upcoming transformations.
    I believe in keto.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    elize7 wrote: »
    In my life sometimes things just seem to disintegrate all at once and voila! ...back to the drawing board. Current status: jobless, sugar loading, feeling a little burned out, but still excited to make new changes for the better.
    I notice that I'm struggling to return to my keto woe, in spite of wanting to and believing it is right for me. Really struggling with my mindset in this area. I wish there was a switch I could turn on. Seems like my old sidekick - self sabotage - just can't take the "I don't want you here anymore" hint: it shows up and stays for too long.
    For the time being it's just going to be a matter of plodding through the details, and making sure to treat myself well during the upcoming transformations.
    I believe in keto.
    Amazing attitude given the circumstances !! I have no doubt you will return to Keto....take it one meal at a time, Elize!!

• Evelynandchris
    Evelynandchris Posts: 140 Member
    So, I'm a month into keto eating and I have definitely learned a lot. Everything from ketostix to BPC to IF. . .it has all been quite the journey. I must say that I believe this is a doable WOE. I will share that I felt pretty horrible for a solid 3 weeks with some afternoon hypoglycemia most afternoons (I have always ran hypoglycemic and have low A1C's). But, those have dissapated now and I've finally felt pretty balanced. I'm not sure if I will constantly do IF since I'm beginning my Step 1 board prep and I like to eat a little something before I fall into the daily pit of despair (AKA study).
    My favorite part of keto is finally feeling relieved of sugar cravings! I used to constantly have cravings and now I can pass by doughnuts, basket of tortilla chips (because all carbs are basically sugars), and the cakes that everyone loves to feed medical students. I feel very in control.
    Oh, and any diet where I can regularly enjoy hot wings is pure paradise! I literally stuffed myself with hot wings 3 x's this week and lost a pound! What! Craziness!
    Cheering each of you on through your journey!
    Evelyn
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited April 2016
    elize7 wrote: »
    I believe in keto.

@Elize7 Maybe it's time to focus on some maintenance things and dig deep into that ol' noggin' to figure out where you're fighting yourself so much... I go through phases like that, and I'm NOWHERE near maintenance...

But, I also spend a lot of time figuring out the wackiness in my head, too. Here's one of my favorite blogs...just to give you some insight into how broken my brain is, too...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/motivation-versus-determination-699445

And where my turnaround point really started in the beginning ... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss/view/shrapnel-of-an-epiphany-warning-raw-intense-adult-content-674031

In other words, I promise you're not the only one of us who's broken or struggling ... so please don't feel alone. We're here, too, trying to plod along our paths....
  • kimbo8435
    @elize7 You've got grit. Hang onto that hard right now. Hugs!
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Hello, I'm new here *waves* I started keto end of 2014 and found it helped me so much - I lost weight, felt amazing and felt no inclination to return to old habits, then mid 2015 I discovered I was pregnant and as soon as the morning sickness hit, so did the carb cravings!
    I had my baby girl 8 weeks ago and as I never completely derailed my weight is back to pre
    -pregnancy now and I am continuing on my journey to better health!
    Main thing for me is after what feels like a lifetime of digestive issues (heartburn, constipation, trapped wind, indigestion) it has completely gone. Honestly I went through so many antacid tablets and just don't need them anymore.
    I love the way I feel on keto diet and although I am no angel, my body reminds me why I don't eat excessive carbs by giving me back my evil digestive issues when I stray!!
    Anyway, I'm going to check in on this forum to help me stay motivated and meet like minded people
  • Fvaisey
    Welcome @becwana!

Traveled off-site for training this week. I'm feeling good about how easy it is to stay on track. Even though, the training center staff bake Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies everyday at 2:30 to pass around. Sometimes I think the other students are going to pass out about 20 minutes after they eat one.