Replies

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    1 miles @ 79 minutes
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    looks like a two-fer week. Got in my swim today, but none tomorrow. Hoping or a long hike in the mountains on Sunday!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Did 3 miles Sunday, 1.5 Monday, 2 miles today. May go to the pool early tomorrow morning and see how far I can swim before work. Depends on how the elbow feels.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    1200m with the Swim Club/lessons. A great workout - until the last 250m when I started to get Cramps - toes and calf. So I had to bail out and become a watcher - rather than an active swimmer.
  • Robertus
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    Did 3 miles Sunday, 1.5 Monday, 2 miles today. May go to the pool early tomorrow morning and see how far I can swim before work. Depends on how the elbow feels.
    Decided to be smart and do some circuit training instead.

• MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm actually proud of having made it out to the "other pool" all of once this week, but I have a diving lesson tomorrow! That should be exciting...and swim class on Sunday. I'm going to try for twice, next week, and the week after, my regular pool opens again.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Tough week for getting swims in. Track practice, track meet, after work meetings, volunteer event... BUT--I got a mile in this afternoon, and whoa!!! This was the best swim yet :) Holy smokes. I was sharing a lane with a much older, reeeeaaalllly slow gentleman who agreed to share a lane, but wasn't really understanding as there were 3 lanes available when I entered the pool. (In my defense, I knew that the swim team kids were coming in the next 15-20 minutes and I'd have to move. I wanted to be in the slow lane where I belong, and not in the lane next to the kids... as in = open water swimming in a lap pool.) But I digress... I got a mile in, and felt better than ever. I started out with the first 5 laps painfully slow. I think I was trying to let the guy who agreed to share the lane with me know that I wasn't going to create a wake for him or anything. I was asking to join the slow lane because, well, I'm slow. Then... he got out. And I sped up. And oh my, did it feel good. How motivating! I needed that! :)
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2300m

400 warmup
    8x50 as 25 kick 25 swim. 4xfree 4xback on 1.10

Twice through the following set
    100 free breathe on 2/4/5/6 by 25 on 2.00
    4x25 hard on 45
    2x50 easy on 1.10
    100 hard on 2.00
    2x50 easy on 1.10
    4x25 sprint

200 pull
    100 easy
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    I got half an hour in this afternoon. For some of you, that might not be worth a trip to the pool, but as a new swimmer, I was pretty happy. Another bean in the jar :) I took my daughter who has been reluctant to swim lately (and not swimming much when we go--lots of goggle adjustments...) and she had a good swim too. Still felt strong. I'm not sure I was much faster, but I felt faster!
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    I sort of swam today, in that I took my first ever diving lesson. It was amazing.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I managed to get 4 swims in last week, 2 with the team and I can't remember mileage but they were tough, lots of intervals and one on my own at the 50 meter pool. Yesterday I went with my youngest daughter, she has a swimming gala at school on wednesday and wanted to practice dives, sprints and butterfly. For fly she had never actually swum an entire 25 meters so we did quite a few of those, until she told me her arms were falling off lol!
  • Robertus
    Options
    Did 5 miles this morning. Felt great. Was going to stop after my 2nd bathroom break around 4 miles, but while sitting in the jacuzzi and going over my lap times, I realized I had already done 4.3 miles and I couldn't stop there. Felt so good after sitting in the jacuzzi that I sprinted the last .7 miles. Now I have to be careful not to swim too much over the next several days to keep my shoulder/elbow issues from resurfacing. 10k sometime in my future, but not going to rush it.
  • Robertus
    Options
    I got half an hour in this afternoon. For some of you, that might not be worth a trip to the pool, but as a new swimmer, I was pretty happy. Another bean in the jar :) I took my daughter who has been reluctant to swim lately (and not swimming much when we go--lots of goggle adjustments...) and she had a good swim too. Still felt strong. I'm not sure I was much faster, but I felt faster!
    girswithcurls, I don't think you qualify as a 'new swimmer' any more!

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    Did 5 miles this morning. Felt great. Was going to stop after my 2nd bathroom break around 4 miles, but while sitting in the jacuzzi and going over my lap times, I realized I had already done 4.3 miles and I couldn't stop there. Felt so good after sitting in the jacuzzi that I sprinted the last .7 miles. Now I have to be careful not to swim too much over the next several days to keep my shoulder/elbow issues from resurfacing. 10k sometime in my future, but not going to rush it.
    Nice workout.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    4 miles today.
    2x2000
    1x2050
    1x500 fins and kickboard
    1x500 pads and buoy.
    Total pool time including pauses and equipment changes, 2:15. Starting to feel like I'm back to normal.

Added a new product to my before swim shake.
    Optimum Nutrition AmiN.O. Energy Iced Cafe Vanilla
    2 scoops. (the scoops are small)
    Used to be just the one scoop of Combat.

Weight room after work today.
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    Swim class yesterday; spent about 45 minutes working on crawl stroke technique and on endurance. Didn't count total laps, though.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    54 laps in ~72 minutes.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    1 mile @ 70 minutes
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Noon Hour Swim. 60 lengths. 40 crawl, 10 back, 10 breast. 1500m total