4 miles in 2:15.
    2x2000 free
    1x2050 free
    500 kick board and fins
    500 pads and buoy
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Oh well - looks like none of you missed me then....next time I'll pretend I was off swimming for a shoulder injury and see if that elicits more sympathy/welcoming back!!!

But I am pleased to be back in the pool and I had another of my (very spread out) swim lessons yesterday which was interesting.

New teacher. She thought my stokes are all in pretty good (except fly arms) shape .. But my kick - which I had thought was ok - came in for a LOT of work... I thought I did kick from my hips, but no... And I had no idea that the kick should get wider (both senses) as you rotate..with that and some arm positioning work, lots to think about for my next swims....

(And a new method of doing 'almost' fly - taking arms across water not flinging up and over.)

I think the next swims will be I-pod less as I try to remember all the suggestions!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Finally back in the pool after ten days out due to a stubborn cold. Speaking of cold, the pump went out over the weekend and water was still coming back to temp. First laps were rippin' fast trying to keep warm. Fast for me, that is. Set PRs for 50, 100 and 200 distances. 2650 yards in an hour.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming swimming swimming: 1.5 miles in 72 minutes
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Yes I did :-) trying to get back into it after a few months laziness. Did 40 lengths and got a little cramp but soldiered on.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1500y 41:05
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Yes I did :-) trying to get back into it after a few months laziness. Did 40 lengths and got a little cramp but soldiered on.

I find that MIO Fit in water or poweraid during swimming helps fend off cramps.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    4 Miles today. All free style.
    1x3000
    2x1500
    1x1050
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    No swim yesterday - control system failure in the pool = No pumps = no heat, filtering or chemical control. Probably no swim today. :s
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    1 miles @ 68 minutes
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    One hour swim, but lost track of laps. My legs didn't want to kick up top, but I kept at it. . .
    @gentlygently , you're making me think I need lessons, but also that I'll be given sooo many suggestions about things I'm not doing correctly. So, lessons would correct those zillion things I'm doing wrong, but ignorance is bliss (or exhausting.)
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    40 mins or so in the pool trying to remember all those suggestions from my lesson - mentally tiring maybe Curly but not so exhausting in that they do all make the stroke work much smoother... I was finding the hardest thing was keeping a slow and powerful kick going when thinking about my arms, I reverted back to splashy, fast kicks... But it all made for a fun session,

I have certainly lost form given my absence from the pool. I might try a 3 minute step test sometime soon and see how that compares with previous results...

Options
    Yes I did - 30 minutes, enjoyed it :-)
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »

I find that MIO Fit in water or poweraid during swimming helps fend off cramps.

I was two lengths from finishing so I just stretched and tried to go easy on that leg. I don't usually get cramp it's just cause I've been really lazy recently and I'm all weak again.
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1950m (39 laps) 60 minutes.

This is pretty significant leap from just the last time I swam (Tuesday) and an explosion compared to where I was a month ago.

I actually expected to have some slow down at this point in the week, hoping to just break even and hold steady with what I had done previously, 33 laps.

I started kicking it into over drive on Monday. I am doing 60 minutes of cardio before work. MWF, elliptical and T, TH, Sat, Swimming. After work I am doing weight training, rotating muscle groups each different day. I thought I'd be so worn out and sore by today that I'd have been happy to get close to 30 laps.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great progress @UG77 !
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Got 90 minutes of blissful swimming last night.
    On Tuesday evening they had a Control System Failure which turned on the Fill pumps and dumped so much water into the pool it was hitting the Overflows and getting dumped. This equalled the pool water being COLD.
    16 C = 57F so they had the pool closed for Tuesday.
    Wednesday night it had warmed up to a Balmy 19C = 66F.
    I loved it - only 3 people in the pool and we all had a lane :)
    750m FC timed for Sprint Tri-Athlon in 19:30.
    500m relax FC
    250 Back
    250 Breast
    250 FC
    People would come in and dip a toe in the water and then go sit in the Hot Tub.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1500y 41:41

Wow, I wish I had a 66F pool to train in. I'd feel a lot more comfortable about the summer swims coming up!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    UG77 wrote: »
    1950m (39 laps) 60 minutes.

This is pretty significant leap from just the last time I swam (Tuesday) and an explosion compared to where I was a month ago.

I actually expected to have some slow down at this point in the week, hoping to just break even and hold steady with what I had done previously, 33 laps.

I started kicking it into over drive on Monday. I am doing 60 minutes of cardio before work. MWF, elliptical and T, TH, Sat, Swimming. After work I am doing weight training, rotating muscle groups each different day. I thought I'd be so worn out and sore by today that I'd have been happy to get close to 30 laps.

Nice work UG!