Week 16
    Routine: Workout B

Deadlift
    107.2 lbs × 6 (4 sets)

Lat Pulldown
    60 lbs × 6 (4 sets)

Shoulder Press
    47.2 lbs × 5, 4, 4, 5

At this point, I'm not sure how many times I've failed to do all 6 reps. Each time I think I can do it but I don't. Even up to my last set I thought I might could do 6 reps if I really focus. Hence the reason I managed to do 5 rather than 4 on the last set. At any rate, I will probably deload by 1 or 2 lbs next time as soon as I fail to do all the 6 reps which I hope is not the first set. I really LOVE trying though. LOL!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Today's workout: SL and cardio

Squats: 5x5 @ 80 lbs. Easy Peezy!
    OH Press: 5x5 @ 45 lbs. Easy Peezy! :smiley:
    Deadlift: 1x6 @ 100 lnd. No problems here either. I even added an extra rep.
    Cardio: ran for 25 minutes and biked to and from work for total of 6 miles.

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Workout B
    Deadlift 95 lbs x 8 reps (3 sets)
    Pullups - did negatives and band assisted pullups
    OHP 40 lbs x 8 reps (3 sets)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    amrap week, right . . . and this time i actually READ what i'm meant to go do.

i drank my creatine and did my bcaa's and my protein shake . . . so i went in there today and combined all of them into one workout. aside from the squatting, that is.

ohp: 10@40, 8@45, 6@50.
    bench: 8@60, 8@70, 6@75. form was right, \o/
    deadlift: i can't remember the rep counts i got. but it was 100/115/130 and i think it was at least 6 on each one. i completely can't math, and the 100 was actually 110 by mistake. was kind of daunted by how hard that was after my warmup of 85, but i still got 6 or 7 of them. and that made the 115 feel like a walk in the park.

for the 130 i am stupid as mud. i am now so conditioned/traumatized by my struggles with mr t's variable bar weights and his huge range of plates that are all the same side . . . i mathed it out and remathed and remathed it again, from 45 pounds for the bar and trying to add in my head just plate by plate.

and then it dawned on me, derp. 130 is only 5 pounds down from the bar and a plate. so you just need two more tens and a chip on each side, you moron. it's like i keep my brain in my bum like a brontosaurus, and deadlifting days make it too tired to think.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is the final workout of my first 16 week journey. I will post my 16 week stats after hopefully by Monday. I will have to make time to measure, take pics, etc..

Workout on Apr 15, 2016 - End of the first 16 weeks
    Routine: Workout A

Squat
    83 lbs × 6 (4 sets)

Bench Press

Set 1: 61.6 lbs × 6 (4 sets)
    So excited I was able to increase by .5 lbs.

Bent Over Row

61.6 lbs × 6 (4 sets)
  • dcresider
    Options
    DDHFree- On the new 16 week, schedule, should we put up our beginning stats (measurements, weight and photos) and have a weekly update during that period?

I prefer not to post photos (that's just me and my insecurities) although I will take before/after pics for my own sake.

Schedule for the day: SL and short run. Bike to and from work.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    DDHFree- On the new 16 week, schedule, should we put up our beginning stats (measurements, weight and photos) and have a weekly update during that period?

I prefer not to post photos

Dcresider, I was planning to post stats to the old post but I think it's a great idea to also start the new post with our stats. And trust me, I understand the photo reluctance. I am the same way but I hope to find at least 1 body part that I can post a before and after pic. We will see if I do that. ;) As for ongoing updates, I find weekly to be too frequent for any significant changes. I've been doing every 4 weeks. Feel free to do it more often as I love reading others results. In addition to what you already mention, we could also post the stats for our lifts.

Any other changes you guys would like to see for phase II? Perhaps we should identify our program again. I will be doing the same one but changing one of my exercises to a different exercise.

• dcresider
    Options
    DDHFree- If I do post some pics, it may be my arms! :)

Squats: 5x5 @ 85 lbs. I can feel the additional weight today but it felt good.

Bench Press: 5x5 @ 85 lbs. This felt heavy but I finished the sets. I think I'll stay on the same weight next week.

Bentover Rows: 5x5 @ 80 lbs. I finished the set but felt the weights.

Cardio: ran for 25 minutes and biked to and from work for total of 6 miles.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Yesterday's workout

Today's Workout
    Barbell Squat 65 lbs x 8
    Bench Press 55 lbs x 5 - tried a 5 rep sample
    DB Single Arm Row 22.5 lbs x 8

• DDHFree
    Options
    16 Weeks of Strength Building - Complete

Progress
    Weight: from 136 lbs to 127.2
    Total fat loss: 8.8 lbs.
    Average fat loss: 0.5 lbs per week

Measurements:
    Week 0 Week 16
    Neck 12.50 12.50
    Chest 33.25 32.50
    Bicep 12.00 11.00
    Navel 34.00 32.00
    Hips 40.00 38.75
    Upper Thigh 23.25 22.00
    Calf 14.25 13.50
    Wrist 6.00 6.00
    Note: Just like usual, these are not so great because it's always during time of cycle. This is why I want to change my result week. Even ovulation week messes with my numbers.

Lifts
    Deadlifts from 38 to 108 lbs (+70)
    LAT Pulldowns from 25 to 60 lbs (+35 lbs)
    Shoulder Press from 30 to 45 lbs. (+15)
    Squats from 33 to 83 lbs (+48)
    Bench Press from 33 to 61.1 lbs (+28.1)
    Rows from 38 to 61.1 lbs (+23.1)

Nutrition
    • Ate at a small deficit the entire 16 weeks
    • IIFYM
    • Predominately vegan diet

Clothing Size

• Started: Size 8 (some 10s)
    • Now: Size 4 (some 2’s- only those with spandex).

Changes to Plan – Phase II
    • Will do the same plan except replace “Lat Pulldowns” with “Pull Ups”

Pictures
    My snippets (pics) from last time will have to be enough. I took some on yesterday but haven’t had a chance to compare them yet.

Overall Assessment

These 16 weeks have been amazing. I have learned so much and look forward to continuing.
    I am amazed that I can fit into my size 4 clothes (and some 2’s with spandex) which I only fitted these clothes at 122 lbs or less before. However, I am now wearing them at 127.2 lbs. That’s astounding to me. I am back to my standard size of which I am comfortable attending social event (not standard weight but even better standard size). But now, I look forward to taking it to the next level. I have 1 pair of slacks that I consider a TRUE size 4 because they have absolutely no give (no spandex) and they fit great. But the pooch is still there if I do not suck in. LOL!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    I almost forget "GOOD BY TO THIS THREAD AND ON TO THE NEXT THREAD"
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    16 Weeks of Strength Building - Complete

Progress
    Weight: from 136 lbs to 127.2
    Total fat loss: 8.8 lbs.
    Average fat loss: 0.5 lbs per week

Measurements:
    Week 0 Week 16
    Neck 12.50 12.50
    Chest 33.25 32.50
    Bicep 12.00 11.00
    Navel 34.00 32.00
    Hips 40.00 38.75
    Upper Thigh 23.25 22.00
    Calf 14.25 13.50
    Wrist 6.00 6.00
    Note: Just like usual, these are not so great because it's always during time of cycle. This is why I want to change my result week. Even ovulation week messes with my numbers.

Lifts
    Deadlifts from 38 to 108 lbs (+70)
    LAT Pulldowns from 25 to 60 lbs (+35 lbs)
    Shoulder Press from 30 to 45 lbs. (+15)
    Squats from 33 to 83 lbs (+48)
    Bench Press from 33 to 61.1 lbs (+28.1)
    Rows from 38 to 61.1 lbs (+23.1)

Nutrition
    • Ate at a small deficit the entire 16 weeks
    • IIFYM
    • Predominately vegan diet

Clothing Size

• Started: Size 8 (some 10s)
    • Now: Size 4 (some 2’s- only those with spandex).

Changes to Plan – Phase II
    • Will do the same plan except replace “Lat Pulldowns” with “Pull Ups”

Pictures
    My snippets (pics) from last time will have to be enough. I took some on yesterday but haven’t had a chance to compare them yet.

Overall Assessment

These 16 weeks have been amazing. I have learned so much and look forward to continuing.
    I am amazed that I can fit into my size 4 clothes (and some 2’s with spandex) which I only fitted these clothes at 122 lbs or less before. However, I am now wearing them at 127.2 lbs. That’s astounding to me. I am back to my standard size of which I am comfortable attending social event (not standard weight but even better standard size). But now, I look forward to taking it to the next level. I have 1 pair of slacks that I consider a TRUE size 4 because they have absolutely no give (no spandex) and they fit great. But the pooch is still there if I do not suck in. LOL!

This is just jaw dropping awesome :smiley: