Team: The Big Butt Theory

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,795 Member
    EmilyM8705 wrote: »
    @EmilyM8705 its your turn for coming up with the weekly challenge, :)

I just want to say, I'm so so sorry my weights not going down FASTER, it's at a stand still. Ugh!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing soo soo good lets keeping weighing in EVEN though the scale might be evil, lol one day at a time, we can do this!!!!!!!!!

Do I post today or tomorrow morning?

I would post today so everyone can work it into their workouts!

• MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2016
    I've been so swamped with work I almost forgot to open my MFP app today...I want to keep my streak going because that's how long it been on my journey.

Week 1 of 21 day fix is going great, and I am so happy to see my husband sticking with it as well. I haven't bothered to wear my fitbit this week as I know I am stuck at my desk all day and I know that my step count will just be depressing. But I did a mid week weight to just check progress since starting 21 day fix and I am down 4 lbs so far from last weigh in!!! Hoping the numbers keep going down or at least stay steady.
  • GrandmaJackie
    I've been so swamped with work I almost forgot to open my MFP app today...I want to keep my streak going because that's how long it been on my journey.

Week 1 of 21 day fix is going great, and I am so happy to see my husband sticking with it as well. I haven't bothered to wear my fitbit this week as I know I am stuck at my desk all day and I know that my step count will just be depressing. But I did a mid week weight to just check progress since starting 21 day fix and I am down 4 lbs so far from last weigh in!!! Hoping the numbers keep going down or at least stay steady.

Yay, OUTSTANDING news!!!!!!!!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Nutrition challenge:

"Green" Fri: Spinach
    "Red" Sat: Red seedless grapes, red sweet pepper
    "Yellow" Sun: Yellow sweet peppers (made chicken stir fry for dinner last night...yum yum yummy yum:)
    "Orange" Mon: Orange sweet peppers (Leftover chicken stir fry)
    "Purple" Tues: Arugula (Spring Mix) Salad with purple onion and Balsamic dressing
    "White" Wed: Turkey
    "Blue" Thur: I would have eaten blueberries if I had some :neutral:

Fitness Challenge: Total modified burpees today 25. That's an increase of 25 burpees from day 1!!. Also did a 1 mile run.
  • MrsThomas21413
    Weekly nutritional challenge: One of the best super foods that you can eat are greens. Lots of nutrients. For the week, try and add at least one green to each meal. My go to greens are always fresh leaf spinach and roasted or grilled Brussel sprouts.

Weekly fitness challenge: making time to get up and stay active is important. I am stuck at a desk most of the day, but breaks to get up, stretch and move are important. Twice a day, choose 2 items from the list below and do them during a quick stretching break.
    - 15 jumping jacks
    - 2 minute walk/jog in place
    - 15 sit ups
    - 15 squats
    - 10 mountain climbers
    - 10 push ups
    - 10 lunges
    - 10-15 reps of your favorite move.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited April 2016
    Weekly nutritional challenge: One of the best super foods that you can eat are greens. Lots of nutrients. For the week, try and add at least one green to each meal. My go to greens are always fresh leaf spinach and roasted or grilled Brussel sprouts.

Weekly fitness challenge: making time to get up and stay active is important. I am stuck at a desk most of the day, but breaks to get up, stretch and move are important. Twice a day, choose 2 items from the list below and do them during a quick stretching break.
    - 15 jumping jacks
    - 15 sit ups
    - 15 squats
    - 10 mountain climbers
    - 10 push ups
    - 10 lunges

Emily, outstanding challenge for this week's fitness, - 15 sit ups, 15 squats and 15 push ups will be m two exercises. As far a green veggie for every meal, I'll try for at least twice a day, :)

• memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    I could only get to a one to one and a half minute plank last week. That in itself was a major victory. I believe 3 min. was unrealistic at this time.
  • memery7

- 15 jumping jacks
    - 15 sit ups
    - 15 squats
    - 10 mountain climbers
    - 10 push ups
    - 10 lunges

Do meals include snacks for the nutrition challenge? If so, I can do 2 meals a day for the nutrition challenge.
    Can you pick two different move everyday for the fitness challenge?
  • SweeteeBri

- 15 jumping jacks
    - 15 sit ups
    - 15 squats
    - 10 mountain climbers
    - 10 push ups
    - 10 lunges

Emily, outstanding challenge for this week's fitness, - 15 sit ups, 15 squats and 15 push ups will be m two exercises. As far a green veggie for every meal, I'll try for at least twice a day, :)

I love the challenges for this week Emily!!
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Great Challenges Emily! I will try to do what I can when I can. 15 jumping Jacks and 2 min of walking in place will work for me. :)
  • jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi. Just checking in. I started the week(my weigh in is fri) out strong then got sick. Ugh. Cold & ear infection. My weigh in was the same as my starting weight but considering it had gone up 4lbs in a week (water weight etc) I'm ok with it for now. Was hoping for a good loss last week but life happens..... Baby steps. Everyone keep up the good work & stay positive. Change doesn't happen over night.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be continuing the Biggest Loser Challenge into May. If you are interested in continuing please go to the Registration thread and sign up. First come, first served. Spots are being offered to existing participants before I go outside the group.

Looking forward to losing with you again in May!!

Serendipity <3
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Just finished doing C25K W5 D2, will repeat D2 because it was very challenging before I move onto D3( which is a 20min run). Also worked on upper body strength training. Good luck to everyone else.
  • memery7
    How is everyone doing? It is beautiful here. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend to take off, something that I don't do often.
  • SweeteeBri
    I will be doing C25K W4 D2 tomorrow. Just to see my progress, I decided to run 3.1 miles outside. I made it through but that first mile was the hardest ever :) Once I got past that, I was ok. I finished in 49 minutes. I will work on decreasing that time before my actual 5K run.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Yesterday went to the Tulip Festival with my son and had a blast. I'll check in later and outs pictures!
  • GrandmaJackie
    I went to the Tulip Festival yesterday and had a blast. I'll post later with some pictures!
  • MrsThomas21413
    memery7 wrote: »

- 15 jumping jacks
    - 15 sit ups
    - 15 squats
    - 10 mountain climbers
    - 10 push ups
    - 10 lunges

Do meals include snacks for the nutrition challenge? If so, I can do 2 meals a day for the nutrition challenge.
    Can you pick two different move everyday for the fitness challenge?

Sure I count snacks as meals too.

On the fitness challenge, feel free to mix it up. I like to do different ones depending on what my goal areas are for the day.
  • MrsThomas21413
    I think that for the May challenge, I am going to change my weight-in day to Friday. I have noticed that it is so much easier for me during the week than the weekend. I have always weighed in on Mondays, but my trouble is that it is nice out and now that we are attending more functions as summer is so close, it is rougher on me to weight in on Friday now since I am always recovering from the weekend and my weight is always up .5-1 lb.
  • GrandmaJackie
    I think that for the May challenge, I am going to change my weight-in day to Friday. I have noticed that it is so much easier for me during the week than the weekend. I have always weighed in on Mondays, but my trouble is that it is nice out and now that we are attending more functions as summer is so close, it is rougher on me to weight in on Friday now since I am always recovering from the weekend and my weight is always up .5-1 lb.

I agree 100% that's why my weigh in is Friday's, it helps me focus for the weekend.