Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    It might not count as the weekend in the other 49 states, but Monday is Patriot Day in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and part of a 3 day weekend there. It took a long time and a lot of running miles to get there, and on Monday I'll run my first Boston Marathon.

Good luck to you! We know you are ready for this.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Chippewa 50K in New Auburn Wisconsin!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Sunday I'll be running the Flower City Challenge Half Marathon. 6 days after Boston, I won't really be racing it; I'll just see what the day gives me. If I have to settle for 1:40 or even 1:45, that's okay.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Sunday I have the Oklahoma City Memorial Half.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'll be running the Pony Express ultra next weekend, 60 miles over two days, 30 miles a day. This was the race that got me in to running long distances 2 years ago. I never managed the second day back then.
  • VanderTuig1976
    VanderTuig1976 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    On Sunday, I'll be running the SLO Marathon (my first, yay)!!!! So strange to feel both excitement and fear over an event, lol.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Good luck for the weekend. Remember to enjoy it!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    This weekend is my goal race: the New Jersey Marathon! Flat, fast, and temps should be cool and maybe a bit rainy/drizzly... sounds like great conditions for a big PR and a BQ (fingers crossed)!
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    This weekend is my goal race: the New Jersey Marathon! Flat, fast, and temps should be cool and maybe a bit rainy/drizzly... sounds like great conditions for a big PR and a BQ (fingers crossed)!

@kristinegift - If you do BQ at NJM, I'll just about have to run Boston 2017 so I can meet you in person. (No firm decision yet; I need to finish recovery and see what happens with a couple of odd issues at work that could impact a Boston training schedule next year.)
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Broad Street Run (10 miler) in Philly. Of course the forecast is for chilly temps and rain. Can I have just one race this Spring that isn't wet? Please? :)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp We'll have to do a Boston 2017 meet up! I think @lporter229 should be running it too! She qualified in the fall. What is your BQ standard? Were you close when you ran Boston this year?

@dewd2 It sounds like basically all races this weekend are going to be rainy from the Midwest to the East Coast. Not ideal, but.... builds character, right? (That's what I'm telling myself at least!)
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    @kristinegift - As a 60 year old guy, I need a 3:55 to BQ. I ran 3:23:01 at Boston. I'm not worried about a cutoff, just have to decide if I have the time and energy to do it again at age 61.
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wallis Sands half in Rye, New Hampshire. Was a great run last year. Hopefully the weather cooperates. Supposed to be a nice 50's temp once the rain moves out.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Managed to find a local 5k park run with pacers.
    Even gave me some breathing tips en route, as i was obviously struggling to keep up!
    Didnt hit goal,but did manage a course pb as a consolation.
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Completed the Wallis Sands Half on Sunday. A new PR for me at 1:56. Last year I was 2:14 so huge improvement. Prior PR was from a December half where I did 2:05. Some really fast folks out there. First place was something like 1:14! Fast young man (21 years of age).
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    New Moon Quarter Marathon this Saturday evening- it's supposed to be hot, humid, and hilly so I've been doing training runs in the afternoon to adapt. I'm looking forward to finishing it so I can go back to cool morning runs and start getting ready for my third full in October :smiley:
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ridgewood, New Jersey 5K Memorial Day. My second "race" after the Run the Hook on Sandy Hook, New Jersey 29:04 as my first 5K in about 25 years 121/536 overall and 3/9 age and gender group[
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Cotton Row Run 10K on Monday. $5,000 bounty if you break the course record. No chance of that happening from me. LOL
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    The weekend starts early and ends late for me. Happy and Healthy 5k tonight and Roger Snyder Memorial 10K on Monday.
  • rightoncommander
    rightoncommander Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm running with my 14-y-o daughter for her first 5k, a Parkrun in Gainsborough. If we both finish with a smile on our faces, I'll be happy.