16 Week Goals and Progress

Replies

• AlexCarr07
    AlexCarr07 Posts: 114 Member
    @Sixlees don't despair it happens. I weigh myself daily but when I gain I don't update it I only update with loss. I like seeing the numbers though whether they go up or down. You can do it! Cold weather can definitely dampen plans and moods, just be accountable and make the most of it! You're already on the right track with your mind focused on getting back in the game!
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Thanks @AlexCarr07 I love your positive attitude... it is infectious and encouraging.
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Since the scale doesn't want to cooperate this week, I broke out the tape measure: down 3 inches in my waist and 2.5 inches in my hips since the challenge started! It's nice to have multiple metrics to work with.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Dana_E wrote: »
    Since the scale doesn't want to cooperate this week, I broke out the tape measure: down 3 inches in my waist and 2.5 inches in my hips since the challenge started! It's nice to have multiple metrics to work with.

That's awesome! I should check mine too. I feel like I've slimmed out a bit but the scale isn't showing anything.
  • Sixlees
    Stopped at Walmart on my way to work this morning - had to buy a couple belts ... nice to have my pants getting bigger :) Hoping to get new clothes for my birthday in 2 months and 10 days - want them to be a much smaller size than I would have to get now if I bought some new ones - so belts are my new accessory.
  • Sixlees
    So... I have a dilemma...last night while looking through my computer I found a file from 3-28-2014... I had been thinking about losing weight and did all my measurements and weight, but obviously never did anything with it. My weight 2 years and just about 2 weeks ago was 12.2 pounds higher than my starting weight on this journey. I am going to measure tomorrow and see the inches difference. My dilemma is... do I put this weight as my starting weight with the 2014 date and truly be able to see how much I have actually lost? That is what I want to do as it truly gave me a happy moment and 28.8 pounds sound so much better than 16.6 pounds. What do you think I should do?
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Sixlees wrote: »
    So... I have a dilemma...last night while looking through my computer I found a file from 3-28-2014... I had been thinking about losing weight and did all my measurements and weight, but obviously never did anything with it. My weight 2 years and just about 2 weeks ago was 12.2 pounds higher than my starting weight on this journey. I am going to measure tomorrow and see the inches difference. My dilemma is... do I put this weight as my starting weight with the 2014 date and truly be able to see how much I have actually lost? That is what I want to do as it truly gave me a happy moment and 28.8 pounds sound so much better than 16.6 pounds. What do you think I should do?

If it's going to help with your motivation I would change it. And what an awesome loss so far, you're doing amazing.
  • AlexCarr07
    AlexCarr07 Posts: 114 Member
    I agree! Do what makes you happy! When I started I used my current weight and kept seeing everyone's successes which reminded me of my own. I changed my starting weight to my largest weight which is when I started this weightloss journey. Now I'm trying to get back down to where I was which was close to a 60 lb weightloss. I also wanted people to see I did struggle with weight and that whatever your goal is you can make it possible! I say put in that weight to show your true loss
  • Sixlees
    Well... happy to say I made my second goal weight! I now weigh what I did when I got pregnant with my daughter who is18+ years old. I have not weighed this weight in over 19 years. I was planning ahead and bought myself a pair of "incentive" jeans from ThredUp in a size 12, so "someday" I could wear them.... happy to say I tried them on this weekend and I can wear them now. I must admit I did a little happy dance. I have been wearing a 16 or 18 in pants for so long now.
    The next goal weight is quite a few more pounds away (12#) but I can see that I will make it this time. That will be less than I have weighed in over 24 years - nearly half of my life I have been this heavy.
    Starting to get compliments from my hubby on the muscle development and smaller size... feels pretty good. He is being really supportive and has actually lost 13 pounds himself.
    I did go ahead and change my starting weight to the 2014 date and weight. I am now down over 30# which is pretty exciting. I am still looking to lose at least 44 more to get down to my high school graduation weight and then we shall see.
    Thanks to all for the support and encouragement, it is helping me stay accountable.
    Thought I would add a few pictures of me at my heaviest - I never want to be there again
    1eroxeeh3osz.jpg
    6pk5b1v8b4s7.jpg
    gblqdziqzcn7.jpg

• ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    I've not tried to post photos in the community before, but here goes.

Before: This was November. About 200lbs or so. I didn't re-start MFP until January.
    ueot19wq02oi.png

During: This was last weekend. I'm close to my first goal of 169. This is just a couple of pounds away. :)
    mvqfkp2e97ih.png

Someday I will be an after and always photo.
    The key for me was a diet shift. Eat for physical health and nutrition instead of just to eat.
    Cheers to the journey toward health!
  • Sixlees
    Great job ladyclear! Congratulations on your progress.
  • Dana_E
    I hope these show up okay. I finished the first four weeks of P90X3 on Saturday and took progress photos yesterday. I'm down 10 pounds between my first photos and these. I can see I've lost in my butt and legs, and I've lost the creases in my back. I know I've lost in my belly, but it's hard to see. I'm on track so far for my goals.
  • Sixlees
    Great work - congratulations
  • Sixlees
    We are now in week 8 - since the challenge started I am down 11.6 pounds. I now have to wear belts on my size 16 pants, tuck my shirts in regularly - can get into a size 12 pant and my size 1x shirts are baggy. Physically I am feeling so much better - I can easily tie shoes and put on boots. I can even touch my toes with a little effort now! I am doing the treadmill at least 5 days a week, doing the Daily Dozen at least 3 days a week and I have now added in some strength training in our department weight room 3 days per week as well. I have achieved my first 2 goal weights and am on my way to the 3rd one. I weigh less than I have in over 19 years. Thanks to all of you for the continued encouragement. My birthday is 8 weeks and 2 days away. If I can lose 15.6 pounds in that time I will weigh less than I have weighed for the last 25 years. That is something I am going to be more disciplined about now. A 2 pound per week loss is totally doable if I put more effort into it. It also is maintainable - not to extreme. Since in the first 8 weeks I had 2 set back weekends - I will try not to do that in the next 8 weeks. I would love to weigh less than I have for 1/2 of my life by the time of my 50th birthday... can't wait to see what I can achieve!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Hi @Sixlees great to read how well you've done on your journey so far. Your determination is inspiring. I am 50 this year too and if I get to my target weight it will be the lightest I have weighed as an adult. I have 16lbs to go but hope to do it way before my birthday as that isn't until December. I'll need to maintain it too though. If I stay as focused as I am currently it's easily doable.
  • Dana_E
    Way to go @Sixlees ! You're making great progress!
  • Dana_E
    bpekckxcaj6a.jpeg
    I'm under 190 for the first time in almost 15 years!!!
  • Sixlees
    Congratulations! Great work @Dana_E
  • Healthy4me4ever
    edited April 2016
    Well done @Dana_E
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Way to go Dana!