Daily check in

Options

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I had what I would consider a half-binge at about 1 AM last night. Leftover tortilla chips from the nachos I made over the weekend for my son. I don't think it hurt my calories too badly, but I still feel a bit annoyed that it happened. Oh well. Guess I just need to get back on the horse and keep going. Today is C25K day, and I have new running shoes, so yay.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Update: The new running shoes gave me blisters. I am not a happy camper. It's probably my crappy socks, so I'll start there, but I really hope I don't have to take the shoes back to the store.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That's such a bummer. I hate breaking in new shoes.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Got to work then, and had to prep some veggies for a hamburger bar that the junior high schools are doing today. That means I got to use my personal knives, is it wrong that I love my special Global knives? It is sad that I do not get to use them more often because most of being and Executive Chef/Manager is office work and things like that. So I really enjoy when I get to get into the kitchen turn on my music and go back to my roots or knife work and cooking. Other than that been keeping busy at home doing chores and fixing things that have been neglected since BV (before Vyvanse) Mike was too unmotivated to do things like keeping up with the house I now have to pick up his/my slack from before. So now to get things ready for a small catering and back to paperwork mountain YAY.

@RespectTheKitty with the new running shoes did you break them in at all, or open the box put them on and go for a run?
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »

@RespectTheKitty with the new running shoes did you break them in at all, or open the box put them on and go for a run?

I just put them on and did my thing. The first time wearing them, I had no issues. The second time was when I got the blisters. The only difference between the two times was the socks, so I have to believe I just wasn't wearing the right socks the second time. I ordered some running socks, so we'll see if that fixes the problem.
  • ab6046
    Options
    I would love to hear a post-marathon check in from @daniellethesheep!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ab6046 wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I ended up binging Saturday and Sunday.

9k Saturday, 6k Sunday, 5k? Friday night
    I don't even know what to say about Sunday. I feel really gross because I haven't been as attentive to hygiene as usual. Fun morning before work.

Oh man, that sucks. Is your family gone now? Do you think that once they leave, things will settle down a bit?
    They aren't gone but everything seems to be settled down. I binged again yesterday, but everything seems to be in order today.

What kind of shoes do you have @RespectTheKitty? Getting fitted for a pair of running shoes was fun.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

What kind of shoes do you have @RespectTheKitty? Getting fitted for a pair of running shoes was fun.

They're New Balance. I really hope I don't have to take them back because I paid a crap ton of money for them.

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Getting back into mfp, I'm working on not bingeing on junk food. I have avoided junk food for a week, so I'm a few days into my second week w/o bingeing, exactly. There was one day last week where I just ate everything in sight, cereal and leftovers. But that's still not as bad as say a whole box of cookies. I'm making progress, I think.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Each day is a new challenge, so take it day by day. This is an everyday struggle and I think people tend to forget that part of it. Celebrating the small victories keeps us on the right path, yes a binge can still happen, but being able to sort of contain the amount consumed during a binge is a big victory.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I can finally cross another day off my calender.
    No binging yesterday.
  • ab6046
    Options
    That's great! I'm feeling kind of bingey today. I've been eating more than usual by this time and just don't feel satisfied. In an hour I have to leave for an appointment so I'm gonna try to take it minute by minute. The urge isn't very strong but this is often how it starts.
  • ab6046
    Options
    I think today is gonna be a tough day. I woke up super anxious, and packed all of my meals for the day. I have plans for a friend to come over who has been nagging me to make her a tart, so there’s that and I have an issue with anticipatory bingeing. Then to top it off I showed up at my internship and they told me we have a staff lunch, where meals will be provided. This stresses me out because I already packed everything and now I feel like this is going to throw me off even more. Not only am I stressed about the food component, but this lunch is to welcome a new person. I am REALLY shy and terrible at making small talk, and I don’t know many people here very well except for my supervisor and another intern, neither of whom will be at the meeting. Because of this, I’m likely to feel extra stressed and just eat as a way to deal with it. Also, if I am actively eating then I won’t have to talk as much. I already ate some of the food I brought to calm myself down, so I’m going to try to not eat my lunch too since lunch will be provided and it’s not necessary for me to be eating all of these meals. My friend who is coming tonight for tart MIGHT have an interview today, so I am really hoping that she does like that I can at least avoid that situation and hopefully have a lighter dinner. Or, today might just have to be a free day, which sucks because I binged yesterday too. Sorry for rambling, I don’t know why I’m such a nervous wreck. This should not be such a big deal, most people would be thrilled to have free food!
  • ab6046
    Options
    Just kidding, I just ate my lunch. Therefore I will be eating a second lunch at the staff lunch in an hour and a half. Great.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    ab6046 wrote: »
    I think today is gonna be a tough day. I woke up super anxious, and packed all of my meals for the day. I have plans for a friend to come over who has been nagging me to make her a tart, so there’s that and I have an issue with anticipatory bingeing. Then to top it off I showed up at my internship and they told me we have a staff lunch, where meals will be provided. This stresses me out because I already packed everything and now I feel like this is going to throw me off even more. Not only am I stressed about the food component, but this lunch is to welcome a new person. I am REALLY shy and terrible at making small talk, and I don’t know many people here very well except for my supervisor and another intern, neither of whom will be at the meeting. Because of this, I’m likely to feel extra stressed and just eat as a way to deal with it. Also, if I am actively eating then I won’t have to talk as much. I already ate some of the food I brought to calm myself down, so I’m going to try to not eat my lunch too since lunch will be provided and it’s not necessary for me to be eating all of these meals. My friend who is coming tonight for tart MIGHT have an interview today, so I am really hoping that she does like that I can at least avoid that situation and hopefully have a lighter dinner. Or, today might just have to be a free day, which sucks because I binged yesterday too. Sorry for rambling, I don’t know why I’m such a nervous wreck. This should not be such a big deal, most people would be thrilled to have free food!
    I get the same way sometimes. There are some really aggressive pushers in my family.

Good luck with the rest of your day and I hope your friend's interview goes well!
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Still having a rough time dealing with the death of my friend. He had a sudden heart attack at the age of 34. A wife with a husband who isn't coming home and 2 daughters with a daddy who won't be there to see them they grow. Just cannot grasp that he is no longer with us and I can't call him to say hello or send him funny text messages about his obsession with cats. I need to get control of my health, I cannot leave my family behind because of this disorder.
  • ab6046
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Nothing ever prepares us for that sort of thing. But I'm glad to hear that you are motivated to overcome your disorder. Take care of yourself during this time!

And thanks coocoopuff! Yesterday turned out better than I expected. I did exceed 4000 calories but I did not binge. I did overeat and had about 3/4 of the tart that I made, but it's fine. At least I didn't binge. Today is a new day and I'm going to get back on track. I'll be running around the city for a few different meetings and trying to get lots of work done. I won't go to the gym today despite it technically being my day off, but that's because of the weirdly timed meetings and stuff.
  • Densans
    Densans Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today marks the day where I stop trying to lose weight. My binges have been becoming very frequent recently and it is taking a toll on me.
    Whenever I am in a happy mood I am wondering why am I trying to lose more weight?
    I mean, I am 6'0" at 158lbs, so I am not really overweight.

I think I have figured some of it out. my BDD triggers me to lose weight and I binge because of the anxiety I get because of my BDD and the cycle repeats.
  • ab6046
    Options
    I'll be curious to know how this goes for you, and whether the bingeing will reduce once you stop trying to lose weight. What does BDD stand for? Body dismorphoc disorder, or something else?
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So, I've been MIA for a bit. Sorry, y'all. I have been crazy busy. Lots of work craziness, Jeep problems, twelve year old girl problems. But-no binging. I have cut out ALL sugar, and I think that has made the difference. I have even cut out most of the Stevia-I have some in my morning coffee and that's it. I really believe that sugar was the root of my problem. That and crappy coping skills. I have dropped 5 pounds. Since Sunday. My body is no longer using sugar for food. I'm not retaining water like the Hoover dam anymore. My hands are not falling asleep when I am sleeping, so I am sleeping incredibly well. The depression is subsiding, the desire to drink rum is all but gone. Sugar is the devil. I was low carb diets biggest critic. Now I am living keto-fabulous. I'm not gonna preach, though. I understand it's not for every one and we must all do what works for us. But I am excited about this!

I'll catch up on every one later-it's bedtime here in Jeep World :-)